Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Stultus Maximus posted:

I try not to use that argument since infant mortality was the biggest reason for low life expectancy in the past. Over the last two millennia, post-5yo life expectancy was more around 63.
In this case I think infant mortality is very relevant to the discussion though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah a big chunk of that infant mortality was childhood diseases

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vib Rib posted:

In this case I think infant mortality is very relevant to the discussion though!

It is, but saying "Lifespans were under 30" has the implication that those who make it to adulthood die by 30.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

I try not to use that argument since infant mortality was the biggest reason for low life expectancy in the past. Over the last two millennia, post-5yo life expectancy was more around 63.

Last two millenia aren't indicative of the 100,000 years humans were around

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I'm sure there's a term for the mathematical process involved, but yeah, generally speaking if you managed to make it to puberty, you were probably going to hit 60+. But there was a lot of infant mortality bringing the average down.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

quote:

YOUR BODY WAS DESIGNED TO BE HEALTHY AND FIGHT OFF DISEASE
D... does she understand how vaccines work?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MechaCrash posted:

I'm sure there's a term for the mathematical process involved, but yeah, generally speaking if you managed to make it to puberty, you were probably going to hit 60+. But there was a lot of infant mortality bringing the average down.

Yes, but most people don't really think that way when they hear preindustrial life expectancy numbers which is why I think it would be better with the vaccine issue to talk about how it reduced infant and childhood mortality since that's where the biggest difference was made.

Despera posted:

Last two millenia aren't indicative of the 100,000 years humans were around

https://www.livescience.com/9245-neanderthals-similar-life-spans-modern-humans.html

:shrug:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

Yes, but most people don't really think that way when they hear preindustrial life expectancy numbers which is why I think it would be better with the vaccine issue to talk about how it reduced infant and childhood mortality since that's where the biggest difference was made.

https://www.livescience.com/9245-neanderthals-similar-life-spans-modern-humans.html

:shrug:

Life expectancy at 15

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy#Variation_over_time

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Zero_Grade posted:

I love the Kellies where he's just steamin' mad about some random, totally insignificant thing.

Random?

This is the third comic about Kelly’s new friendly, eco conscious neighbor. We are witnessing a narrative not seen since the “I’m getting divorced and having a custody battle” arc or the “my kids are going to college and I can’t handle being alone” series.

I’m waiting for him to imply they start a relationship.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

M.c.P posted:

Random?

This is the third comic about Kelly’s new friendly, eco conscious neighbor. We are witnessing a narrative not seen since the “I’m getting divorced and having a custody battle” arc or the “my kids are going to college and I can’t handle being alone” series.

I’m waiting for him to imply they start a relationship.

If they start dating she will immediately be drawn hotter, and then go back to being a fanged monster if they break up.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Raised By Birds posted:

quote:

If the “vaccine” works as the government claims it does, wouldn’t people be lining up to receive their dose instead of refusing it?
uh

lots of us lined up, actually

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

If they start dating she will immediately be drawn hotter, and then go back to being a fanged monster if they break up.

I mean she does seem kinda busty.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

My immune system is very good and got me through COVID and that's why I gave it extra help against variants by then getting vaccinated.

I'm only really now no longer wheezing, a year after.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The table you apparently linked to is specifically life expectancy at birth.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

fool of sound posted:

The table you apparently linked to is specifically life expectancy at birth.

If you read the notes it also states the life expentancy if you live to 15 and other various milestone ages that they had data for.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Also that Neanderthal article noted if you died as adult you were less likely to be buried in a burial mound and hence your remains would never be fossilized/found. An example being if your cause of death was Saber tooth tiger related your remains would be scattered all over.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Badass.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennet

Chip Bok

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Stuart Carlson

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Inflation crime? :ohdear:

Clay Jones

Kevin Necessary

Mike Lester

I don't think I've ever seen Beavis & Butthead's laugh transcribed as "unk" before.

Jack Ohman

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Marshall Ramsey

Rob Rogers

Jeff Stahler

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Any Excuse Will Do
Biden and the Democrats are looking for any excuse to lock down the country and exert control.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Is Varvel actually giving Dems credit for getting Cuomo out?

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
I found this in the wild today, a stack of cards at the local convenience store. I think this technically counts as a political cartoon.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That third panel is some primo avatar material.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Why do chuds who don't even live in New York state care about Cuomo resigning?? When the news about him resigning broke my Trumpy coworker came up to me and was like "Did you hear the news?? Cuomo is resigning!!" And I was like "Okay but we don't live in New York like who gives a gently caress?" And they just gave me a very slightly sour expression and went off to tell somebody else the Good News.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If I had the time and patience I'd go back a year and a half and check how many liberal cartoonists like Bennett were all on board the Cuomo train. I'm sure there would be some interesting finds.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Horizon, moon. Okaaaaaaay?

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Why do chuds who don't even live in New York state care about Cuomo resigning??

They're happy that a prominent Dem they hate is out of power. It doesn't matter that his replacement will probably be similar to him politically (or maybe even more left), and they don't actually give a poo poo about the women he harassed or the elderly people he put at risk (except as tools to attack him), all they care about is he's a Dem and now he isn't governor anymore, take that!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

"Very serious and scary legal stuff" is my new favourite label

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Communism is the only thing keeping Biden and the Democrats from getting into our precious constitution rights and freedoms?!

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Why do chuds who don't even live in New York state care about Cuomo resigning?? When the news about him resigning broke my Trumpy coworker came up to me and was like "Did you hear the news?? Cuomo is resigning!!" And I was like "Okay but we don't live in New York like who gives a gently caress?" And they just gave me a very slightly sour expression and went off to tell somebody else the Good News.

he was a totemic hate object for conservatives in the Culture War even before the COVID stuff because of some meme about how he legalized post-natal abortions or something like that. a classic example of hating the right person for utterly wrong, completely bizarre reasons.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hope you'll forgive the scroll.

Haven't posted Dan Lietha since December where I linked a bunch of his new comic Truth Jabs. I tried not to post literally every one he did since then, but he's a lot more political on this comic than AfterEden.

Dec 26, 2020

Jan 1

Jan 7

Jan 15

Jan 28

Feb 5

Feb 12

Feb 26

Mar 3 :psyduck:

Mar 11

Mar 24 :stare:

Apr 14 gently caress off with this fake concern, Dan.

Apr 21. How's that 'taking care of the earth' thing going?

May 5

May 29. lol.

June 9

June 18 :fuckoff:

July 7

And bonus poo poo from his Ready to Reason series which is made for an organization called the Biblical Science Institute which tries to push bunk science like the idea that the speed of light was much faster in the past and so the universe is still only 6000 years old.

May 15 :females:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Forum accident posted:

I found this in the wild today, a stack of cards at the local convenience store. I think this technically counts as a political cartoon.

Politoons 2021: 50% Wax

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Just lol at "stealing the rainbow from god"
Don't use any patterns found in nature or else!!! God has the copyright!!

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 12, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Zesty posted:

Feb 5

Feb 12

Feb 26

These three back-to-back are a better takedown of this particular school of belief than any critic could ever produce. They really say it all.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tried to look up that quote, and it sure appears on a lot of anit-choice websites.

Sanger wrote that, but in the context of "Don't let anyone misinterpret me in a way that makes them think I want to exterminate African-Americans". A misogynist man choosing to be wilfully dense, who would have thought?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

axolotl farmer posted:

Tried to look up that quote, and it sure appears on a lot of anit-choice websites.

Sanger wrote that, but in the context of "Don't let anyone misinterpret me in a way that makes them think I want to exterminate African-Americans". A misogynist man choosing to be wilfully dense, who would have thought?

Jesus loving Christ.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Because the media pushed him as the Reasonable Adult in the Room as a contrast to Trump.

Sure, he was really bad about covid but at least he pretended to care about it! (while making decisions that killed a lot of people anyways)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

“Jesus was NOT about accumulating wealth! He would also never support free health care.”

I guess he needed the anti-lgbt panel to allow for the cognitive dissonance.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

You should ignore the hyperbole about censorship by big tech; log off and go do your religion thing away from other people if that makes you happy, AGC

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Forum accident posted:

These are fantastic.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Pretty loving rich from a religion where the concept of Original Sin is a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oobey
Nov 19, 2002