Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

In fact if YOU think I slipped maybe YOU explain it instead of asking binus to do it for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Deadline is at 5pm EST, I have a friend visiting me today so I’ll be here but not super present.

I would be happy to vote steak or Maerlyn. Any lurker after that.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Maerlyn posted:

In fact if YOU think I slipped maybe YOU explain it instead of asking binus to do it for you?

Because I can’t tell how I feel about your last post so I want another opinion. Minus is pretty consistent on things like slips. I don’t usually put much into them but your post and calling merk scum for ignoring steak really feels like it’s based on preexisting knowledge of steak.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hal Insandenza posted:

Well ok, yes I think scum are spread out and not in blocs. Outside of steak I do think merk and somber seem most tied to each other so far and haven't ruled them out for scum, I have good feelings about bee and voodoo, fairly good ones about referee. Lingering suspicions of Maerlyn but probably need to see more to lock them in. Toal has been quietly pinging me in the background. Everyone else is pretty neutral to me still

I agree with this. I’m actually not seeing anything that looks like bussing which is weird. Poop was the only vote that had any real momentum behind it and now that doesn’t seem to be happening anymore. Actually I just checked and We’ve got a 3 way between poop steak and somber. Hmmm. I’m going to break that tie ##vote poop

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

i already explained that merk was town as part of my role, clearly voodoo is faking content and not reading

ooc seems like an obvious vote from earlier interactions and looks worse now. If I had a gun i would shoot sandwolf ##vote poopacy

Do you still believe in this thing? Trying to figure out where we are before I turn into a pumpkin here re: deadline.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

the holy poopacy posted:

i responded to plastic and commented on plastic's case and asked plastic what he thought about someone else because i'm trying to feel out plastic

i'm interested in getting [...]

IDK lets be honest, does scum really post all this crap.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Do you still believe in this thing? Trying to figure out where we are before I turn into a pumpkin here re: deadline.

Yeah I would shoot sand, give me a gun. Still good with a poopacy vote, I'd really like to know.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Toalpaz posted:

IDK lets be honest, does scum really post all this crap.

Yeah I think poopacy does.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Somberbrero posted:

Okay well do you think they're both scum? It just seems odd that you make the assumption that they're not both town and so decide which player you like better, to then assume the other player is scum.

That's how I understand your reasoning here and it doesn't make sense.

Can you expand on what logic you like?

I think you’ve kind of summed my feelings up, actually. It didn’t feel like a town slapfight, and therefore I feel one (or both) are scum, and I feel better about voting merk than I do poopacy. With the added piece that even if my read is wrong, I think flipping either of those two players probably gives town a lot of information from D1.

Re: the logic of Voodoo’s case on Steak, the part Voodoo highlights about Steak’s poop vote rings true to me as well as his focus on his own meta. This is something I recall seeing from other games I’ve read/observed that Steak has been in as scum.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Sandwolf posted:

Deadline is at 5pm EST, I have a friend visiting me today so I’ll be here but not super present.

I would be happy to vote steak or Maerlyn. Any lurker after that.

I don’t feel a lurker vote is a great option today.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Referee posted:

I think you’ve kind of summed my feelings up, actually. It didn’t feel like a town slapfight, and therefore I feel one (or both) are scum, and I feel better about voting merk than I do poopacy. With the added piece that even if my read is wrong, I think flipping either of those two players probably gives town a lot of information from D1.

Re: the logic of Voodoo’s case on Steak, the part Voodoo highlights about Steak’s poop vote rings true to me as well as his focus on his own meta. This is something I recall seeing from other games I’ve read/observed that Steak has been in as scum.

I think the way you play is just different from me and I get your thought process even if it's not in line with my approach, good enough for me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Referee posted:

I don’t feel a lurker vote is a great option today.

What, you don't want to spend tomorrow making the same arguments with almost no new information?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Somberbrero posted:

I think the way you play is just different from me and I get your thought process even if it's not in line with my approach, good enough for me.

Totally fair. I’m always willing to reevaluate my approach, too.

Somberbrero posted:

What, you don't want to spend tomorrow making the same arguments with almost no new information?

I can’t say that sounds like a good time, no. :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

On that note, I’d love to hear some updated thoughts from taste and Snooze and maybe IA, too.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote poop

There's only less than 3 hours left. I believe it would be nice to get people's thoughts but they could have posted earlier in the day.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hal Insandenza posted:

I had been reading steaks stuff as devil may care town steak but voodoo's points about steak caring more about himself this game is valid at least. Is that really scum steak meta though?

I don't know about steak's scum meta exactly, but scum have to care more about themselves because if they die their team is much less powerful.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wasn’t the counterexample a game where he was SK

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You’d think one would care more about survival as a survivor

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
merk & maerlyn remain my top two picks

steak does concern me as I'm getting some deja vu from his SK game where he did a lot of buddying up to me. at least this time he's been dancing back and forth some, but I'm not really loving that either

I have some lurker hunches but I'd rather not pick a lurker today unless necessary, and it doesn't look like it will be

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote Poop prefer poop to somb

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Got any claim to make, poop? You’re at -2.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

prefer steak (was just getting ready to post something and saw the preview:

##vote steak

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in lieu of running out the clock, ##vote poopacy

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Couple of people seem to be in a real hurry to end this day.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote steak didn't think anyone was still debating steak at this point

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Referee posted:

Got any claim to make, poop? You’re at -2.

vanilla town, so :shrug: take it or leave it

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Referee posted:

Couple of people seem to be in a real hurry to end this day.

lol what

it's been 72 hours

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
referee is going to need another look tomorrow, seems really reluctant to jump on a town flip and really reaching to throw shade on people for trying to close the day with <2 hours remaining

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
flip me if you must, but I'd rather do steak

##vote steak

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Steak and poop are against each other, and both are probably town.

Regarding feelings on Somber, much of my suspicion of somber was predicated on his earlier jokephase gameplay, and that seemingly stretching suspicion of sandwolf in what they perceived as a slip regarding merk's alignment. It looked like an easy enough push for scum to make while still shooting the poo poo for much of the game day which is what somber did.

I'm busy doing stuff at work at the moment, but I'll vote steak over poop, because poop's player meta with me is pretty much spot on for the last game I played with them as town. Granted, meta is bullshit, it still holds ground more often than not.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I agree that people seem pretty in a hurry, at least at this specific instance, to consolidate on one of the two players. Not necessarily, that people have rushed the day which is what I believe ref was saying.

I'll vote shortly if no one else sees somber as a better alternative.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

I agree that people seem pretty in a hurry, at least at this specific instance, to consolidate on one of the two players. Not necessarily, that people have rushed the day which is what I believe ref was saying.

I'll vote shortly if no one else sees somber as a better alternative.

I believe ref was saying they were rushing it right now, not the other way around.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

the holy poopacy posted:

vanilla town, so :shrug: take it or leave it

I buy it, actually.

the holy poopacy posted:

referee is going to need another look tomorrow, seems really reluctant to jump on a town flip and really reaching to throw shade on people for trying to close the day with <2 hours remaining

What? No, I thought I made it pretty clear I was hoping to see a few more people chime in with what time was left and there’s enough people currently around to end the day including my vote.

Referee posted:

On that note, I’d love to hear some updated thoughts from taste and Snooze and maybe IA, too.

Idle Amalgam posted:

I believe ref was saying they were rushing it right now, not the other way around.

Correct.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Votecount for Day 1

the holy poopacy (5): merk, b-minus1, Toalpaz, Somberbrero, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Maerlyn, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Toalpaz, merk, b-minus1, merk, b-minus1, Toalpaz, Voodoofly, Maerlyn, Mr. Steak, Voodoofly
Mr. Steak (4): Maerlyn, Voodoofly, Maerlyn, Idle Amalgam, Toalpaz, Idle Amalgam, Hal Insandenza, merk, merk, Toalpaz, Voodoofly, Maerlyn, Voodoofly, the holy poopacy
Somberbrero (2): Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, PlasticAutomaton, Hal Insandenza, Mr. Steak, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Mr. Steak
Toalpaz (1): merk, merk, Snooze Cruise
Maerlyn (1): Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
merk (1): the holy poopacy, Somberbrero, Referee, Voodoofly, Somberbrero, Voodoofly, Referee, Referee, the holy poopacy
PlasticAutomaton (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, merk, merk
Idle Amalgam (0): PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton
Voodoofly (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
b-minus1 (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly
Sandwolf (0): Somberbrero, b-minus1, b-minus1, Somberbrero, b-minus1, b-minus1
Hal Insandenza (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (1): t a s t e

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 12th, 2021 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 22 minutes.

Are you loving it?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

That said, while I’m willing to move if needed, I like this better right now and I think this flip also will now provide a bunch of info:

##vote Steak

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote somber

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

t a s t e posted:

##vote somber

Talk me through your thoughts here?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

t a s t e posted:

##vote somber

Interesting

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##vote steak

Somber probably won't happen today, but I think it's a great place to start looking tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[quote="t a s t e" post="516911951"]
##vote somber
[/quote

i agree