Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah this is another....gonna have to be a pass from me dawg, situation...as much as id like to have a bubba, i cant exactly afford 300+ CAD for a plush dog.

edit - wellp. i was turned off cuz a person posted a screenshot of the price for all 5 of em...but yeah i dont know if 80 dollars is any better.

Renzuko fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Is there like a list somewhere of toxic/doxxing vtuber-adjacent youtubers that I can pre-emptively block?

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Ame fleets live on in spirit

https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1425982602649821186?s=19

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHDkQxaY9Y8

OkaKoro is the strongest

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Are HoloEN big merch sellers in Japan are or are they literally expecting the other Holo members to all be buying it up?

All jokes aside it's been long enough that they really need to sort out some sort of international distribution that isn't a 2-3x MSRP cost for consumers, because they are leaving a lot of money on the table.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

njsykora posted:

Irys hates Santa and thinks he’s creepy.
Is Irys Charlie Kelly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtFkJfbgJuE

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

SpartanIvy posted:

Is there like a list somewhere of toxic/doxxing vtuber-adjacent youtubers that I can pre-emptively block?
Not really because when one get shot down, another pops up from the same people

in the meantime,

Wudz posted:

Oh another extension I recommend for blocking doxxing channels, among other things:

BlockTube (firefox / chrome)

nearly forgot, Mouse had the first run of her talk show and it was very good! immediately after and it's silvervale's GarticPhone Birthday
https://twitch.tv/silvervale

Wudz fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 13, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Your mom must be amazingly talented to bring such an amazing person into this world!"
"You're always saying that!"

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

yeah like, kson and cover managed to one two punch hololive historian, but i imagine they're back by now.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

pentyne posted:

Are HoloEN big merch sellers in Japan are or are they literally expecting the other Holo members to all be buying it up?

All jokes aside it's been long enough that they really need to sort out some sort of international distribution that isn't a 2-3x MSRP cost for consumers, because they are leaving a lot of money on the table.
yeah, i was extremely willing to drop $40 on a takodachi

i'm not paying $80 for one, that's ridiculous. I could understand them not looking for better international shipping when it was for the japanese idols, but why would they not do so for the EN branch?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

pentyne posted:

Has it really been long enough? Hololive itself only blew up in popularity since last year and HoloMyth has only been around for 11 months. I would not be surprised if they are considering better distribution but I can also see the difficulties of trying to secure a foreign venture in the midst of a pandemic. They could also try to partner with an existing Japanese company that ships globally like Amiami or even Amazon.jp.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Cover needs a US partnership for merch, that's basically it.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Sometimes I wonder if Haachama is actually a genius.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

pentyne posted:

The actual sales numbers aren't public, but there seem to be a decent number of Japanese HoloEN fans. Clippers, live translators, and "I don't know what that anime girl is saying but it sure sounds cute" were enough to create a fair-sized Hololive fanbase outside of Japan even before HoloEN debuted, after all.

I have no idea how the numbers shake out, but I suspect the problem has a lot to be to do with HoloEN debuting in the middle of a plague that's caused considerable shakeups to all kinds of physical manufacturing and shipping. It's not really a great time to be expanding their physical presence to other countries.

Viridiant posted:

Sometimes I wonder if Haachama is actually a genius.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Speaking of Haachama, she's woken back up with an English only Minecraft stream. Back to working on the Tower of Babel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8HierrGwyQ

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbZWn-9bXrM

The A League of Nijisanji Koushien begins! Starting with Ange vs Deron.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Kata-Haro posted:

Speaking of Haachama, she's woken back up with an English only Minecraft stream. Back to working on the Tower of Babel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8HierrGwyQ

How did she even conceive of this structure? This thing is insane and she's done it all by herself, but she's clearly had a plan this whole time that she's been building to.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
As far as I know, she's just working off the Pieter Bruegel paintings. Also, she originally started on the EN server, but had to tear it down when she got kicked off the server.. Now all that's left is a grave and a big red heart.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Wow, she's literally trying to re-create the tower of babel. It's not a nickname. That's nuts, and I don't even know if anyone else could help her do that if she's making it up as she goes based on her recollection of a painting.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

She's asking for slang and she's getting taught things like no cap, dope and chad.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Grondoth posted:

Wow, she's literally trying to re-create the tower of babel. It's not a nickname. That's nuts, and I don't even know if anyone else could help her do that if she's making it up as she goes based on her recollection of a painting.

I think it's a good time to repost this outdated image of the Holoserver map to really drive home the scale of what Haachama's doing here

Kata-Haro fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 13, 2021

Tequ
Sep 5, 2009

motoh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbZWn-9bXrM

The A League of Nijisanji Koushien begins! Starting with Ange vs Deron.

Sasaki vs Shiina was amazing.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Tequ posted:

Sasaki vs Shiina was amazing.

I had to watch Kaede bully Ange to death on live interwebs, I'll never recover.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Debi is an absolute monster pitcher

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Kata-Haro posted:

I think it's a good time to repost this outdated image of the Holoserver map to really drive home the scale of what Haachama's doing here

If it isn't clear in the over head view HAACHAMA's Tower of Babel is the polygon at the top right of the map. And she started it's construction around the time the summer sports festival was being built. I don't think most of HoloJP know exactly what it is other then it's impressively large. I'm assuming she'll build until the skybox stops her or lightning hits the giant wooden structure.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Revolver Bunker posted:

If it isn't clear in the over head view HAACHAMA's Tower of Babel is the polygon at the top right of the map. And she started it's construction around the time the summer sports festival was being built. I don't think most of HoloJP know exactly what it is other then it's impressively large. I'm assuming she'll build until the skybox stops her or lightning hits the giant wooden structure.

wait she's been building that thing since summer 2020? holy poo poo.

But also like, its understandable. haachama black company is a 1 person company. it takes time to get all that wood and stuff.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f38zNQB9yvk

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Renzuko posted:

wait she's been building that thing since summer 2020? holy poo poo.

But also like, its understandable. haachama black company is a 1 person company. it takes time to get all that wood and stuff.

The Tower of Babel can't be a solo project! That's not how the story goes!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

eventually when she gets high enough haato and haachama will speak different languages and no longer be able to communicate

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
I hope she hits the skybox, then digs a giant hole around it and builds it down to the bedrock

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
This clip of Subaru Choco Luna and botan playing prop hide and seek in COD is really good

https://youtu.be/DV9-fTRzc_E

Also otakamori translated the whole 17 minute hololive soap opera thing from the other day

https://youtu.be/KgXN_KUEOY0

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
NPB's Pacific League will have a Hololive Day in October including a bunch of merch to go with it.
https://twitter.com/hololivetv/status/1426061242100195329
Botan repping the Lions, Noel the Buffaloes, and Marine the Marines. Korone has also tweeted about being a fan of the Hawks, so it does seem like they put some thought into these choices.

Plus YAGOO will throw out the first pitch of the game.

leather fedora fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 13, 2021

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Go Ham Fighters they got the GOAT duo

also *NPB 😤

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

leather fedora posted:

Plus YAGOO will throw out the first pitch of the game.

Should've been Mikodanye

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Ardeem posted:

As far as I know, she's just working off the Pieter Bruegel paintings. Also, she originally started on the EN server, but had to tear it down when she got kicked off the server.. Now all that's left is a grave and a big red heart.

Can you imagine this thing on the EN server? It'd be bigger than the entire EN base, tower over most of it, and be the most ambitious construction project on the server by several orders of magnitude.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

Gura got a nendo fast-tracked. Do you have any idea of what kind of popularity it takes to do that sort of bullshit?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

trucutru posted:

Gura got a nendo fast-tracked. Do you have any idea of what kind of popularity it takes to do that sort of bullshit?

Gura got a nendo fast tracked that sold out in less than two days.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Mulderman posted:

60 bucks for a single Plush shipping to the Netherlands.
Yeah... no... I want a Takodachi, but not that much

Buy more merch, all the time, combine packages from multiple occasions, save on shipping overall.

Or find some friends who also want it and do a group order.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Fat_Cow posted:

Gura's layout. They animate when they talk.

these gifs are extremely strong av material

gura casually being as creative as ame. well the two of them are about as gremlinish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
To prelude the rush of reveals around Nene's 1-year anniversary, Suisei has a new cover dropping in about an hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wbd6ffvXm8