Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Roth posted:

Wish granted.

Introducing Drake #1 by Brian Michael Bendis and Brett Booth, launching this November

I tried to warn X-O about buying that monkey's paw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

Wish granted.

Introducing Drake #1 by Brian Michael Bendis and Brett Booth, launching this November

No thanks.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh well look at that.

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1425502708736438278

I forgot about that, but I called it anyway the day that it started.

X-O posted:

Let me save you the trouble, whichever one has the greater chance for Batman to appear wins. Congrats to Robins!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Tim Drake is my favorite Robin, Dick Grayson is my favorite character that has been Robin. I like Damian enough but it would have been fun to have a mini or something with Dickbats and Tim Robin (with special guest appearance by actor Tim Robbins). I like Tim being in Nightwing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Tim Drake is my favorite Robin, Dick Grayson is my favorite character that has been Robin. I like Damian enough but it would have been fun to have a mini or something with Dickbats and Tim Robin (with special guest appearance by actor Tim Robbins). I like Tim being in Nightwing.

No mention of Jason. I like how you think.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-O posted:

No mention of Jason. I like how you think.

I honestly have read almost nothing with him in it. I didn't hate the Red Hood animated film, the Titans tv show is the most experience I have with him probably.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Red Hood animated film is the best use of him I've ever seen. By a mile. I haven't seen Titans but he's Robin in that and he's a terrible Robin so I imagine he's terrible in that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-O posted:

The Red Hood animated film is the best use of him I've ever seen. By a mile. I haven't seen Titans but he's Robin in that and he's a terrible Robin so I imagine he's terrible in that.

He's an annoying twerp, but in a kinda endearing way. Also I think he's dead now, or gonna die soon, new season just started and it's pulling a Death in the Family, I haven't fully caught up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
UTRH is absolutely the best thing ever done with the character. Jensen Ackles being a proclaimed super fan of the character probably helped elevate the script beyond the original book.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

UTRH is absolutely the best thing ever done with the character. Jensen Ackles being a proclaimed super fan of the character probably helped elevate the script beyond the original book.

That makes me think less of Jensen Ackles.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's understandable if you haven't read it since it's part of an $8 a month anthology, but the Red Hood story in Batman: Urban Legends by Chip Zdarsky is really good. Much better than the Scott Lobdell garbage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DarkTitsAnime parachute account spotted

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Honestly, my main issue with the Red Hood was his biggest fan on this forum was a now thankfully perma-banned goon that I loving hated. And I know it's wrong to judge content solely on it's fans, because there's weirdos and what not that like almost everything, but he was literally the only person here that said anything good about him here.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oh hey Robins has Stephanie Brown so DC is finally done trying to erase that part of her history

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

oh hey Robins has Stephanie Brown so DC is finally done trying to erase that part of her history

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah well Didio is gone

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

It’s Zdarsky writing another Red Batman. Of course it’s good. Also, Zdarsky writes a great regular colored Batman as well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Zdarsky's Daredevil absolutely isn't Red Batman. And really Daredevil has never been Red Batman, or at least hasn't when it's good.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It’s a joke. Someone asked Chip if he’ll be writing Batman when Tynion leaves, and he replied “No. I write RED Batman.”

radlum
May 13, 2013

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s Zdarsky writing another Red Batman. Of course it’s good. Also, Zdarsky writes a great regular colored Batman as well.

He said on todays newsletter that he is quitting Batman after his week's issue (as in, they didn't ask him to do more), but who knows if that's actually true.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

X-O posted:

Oh well look at that.

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1425502708736438278

I forgot about that, but I called it anyway the day that it started.

Seeley on Robins is probably gonna make me take a look. His Nightwing was excellent. Hell, I'm half tempted to check out the King Shark thing he's doing

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

radlum posted:

He said on todays newsletter that he is quitting Batman after his week's issue (as in, they didn't ask him to do more), but who knows if that's actually true.
In his probably slightly less tongue-in-cheek interview with AIPT today he says, "Look, James Tynion is a coward who needs “sleep” and spending time with “loved ones.” I’m still on Daredevil and I’m still working on DC projects like a goddamn hero to the people." He doesn't specifically mention Batman, but it doesn't sound like he's persona non grata at either company.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s a joke. Someone asked Chip if he’ll be writing Batman when Tynion leaves, and he replied “No. I write RED Batman.”

It's a reference to when Mark Waid was writing Daredevil.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Edge & Christian posted:

In his probably slightly less tongue-in-cheek interview with AIPT today he says, "Look, James Tynion is a coward who needs “sleep” and spending time with “loved ones.” I’m still on Daredevil and I’m still working on DC projects like a goddamn hero to the people." He doesn't specifically mention Batman, but it doesn't sound like he's persona non grata at either company.

He mentioned Batman in his newsletter. Basically saying he quit the title, the joke being he was already done with his story.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I didn't know the in-joke, and while I knew it WOULDN'T be true, I was kind of hoping to learn that Zdarsky had done a story with the Soviet Batman from Superman: Red Son or something.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Tom Taylor's writing a twelve issue fantasy alternate universe DC series and they got Pathfinder artist Wayne Reynolds to do a cover

this is the least amount of weapons he's ever drawn on someone

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That Superman design is wonderful.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that might be the most restrained Wayne Reynolds art i've ever seen

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Tom Taylor's writing a twelve issue fantasy alternate universe DC series and they got Pathfinder artist Wayne Reynolds to do a cover

this is the least amount of weapons he's ever drawn on someone

Why is that scrawny squire hiding behind his Lord and Lady? He should know his place and stand in front of them ready to take a sword for them. Also why does WW have ring hoops in her strappy leather skirt? I feel like that would get caught in everything.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Who said CinemaSins was allowes to read comics

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Jiro posted:

Also why does WW have ring hoops in her strappy leather skirt? I feel like that would get caught in everything.

They're really small chakrams.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/1426238253292609539?s=20

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Tom Taylor should always get to write more things more all the time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

He might get me to like Red Hood.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Red Hood put on a batsuit (sans mask) in the last chapter of Zdarsky’s story. Cheekily, it had the Dark Knight Returns bat symbol on it.

Also, Jason swears off guns, and Bruce sends him the suit seen in that art for the Nightwing annual.

Chip finally got me to like Red Hood. What a world.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm actually confused about the significance of the suit Bruce sent. It felt like some sort of big deal, but what's so different about it than what Jason usually wears? Hasn't Red Hood been using that red bat-symbol for ages now?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

It's the outfit he will have in Task Force Z, with the full helmet instead of just the facemask he's been wearing these last few years.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

I'm actually confused about the significance of the suit Bruce sent. It felt like some sort of big deal, but what's so different about it than what Jason usually wears? Hasn't Red Hood been using that red bat-symbol for ages now?

It's more about Bruce giving him a costume, and a invitation to family dinner. Red Hood's whole thing has been that he wasn't sanctioned by Batman. It looks like they want to bring him more into the fold, and smooth out some of those edgy edges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

I've always been bummed they didn't use her in this capacity more. I remember it came up like, once in Bendis run? I would buy a comic that's like, an in universe guide to fashion written by the Wasp where it's all how she would do costumes for other heroes or whatever.

I recall she was a clothier in House of M. She was designing a party outfit for Storm and there was a joke about double sided tape