Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Cythereal posted:

Nah, she's always been dismissive of Mystra, too. "She's a reference, not a master."

...When she's not going on about how great she is and getting pissy whenever someone says something remotely critical of her. Maybe I'm just misremembering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Leraika posted:

...When she's not going on about how great she is and getting pissy whenever someone says something remotely critical of her. Maybe I'm just misremembering.

"Well obviously I can critizise Mystra. Anyone else who does so is evil tho" - Sandrah 1:30

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Chapter CXXXII - I will not lose mine daughters and the hope of the Realms to Bhaal!!

Heading back to the Pocket Plane to take care of the second challenge.

There's something poetic about this.

Let's not spend any more time on my story though, we have Sandrah content to sift through!

Before we do so we talk with her about my mother, the true owner of Gorion's dagger that we've been hauling around for ages.

Time to head to Waterdeep!

Elminster is waiting for us in his garden. (For those of you who are actually invested in Sandrah's story it's important not to skip the coming conversations)

You're an adult, Sandrah. Act like it. :argh: Our relationship is creepy enough as it is.

Qilandrha? Where have I heard that name before? Fueled by Bhaal's power as well as Mystra's? I'm not sure the LP can handle another Mary Sue.

Sandrah forces us to swear an oath to do her bidding.

Not doing so causes Sandrah to leave the party, even kicking you out of Candlekeep.

For the sake of the LP I reload and reswear the oath, now we can head to Elminster.

...I thought I was the unique Bhaalspawn. Even that is taken from me. :negative:

And she's a drow to boot? :jerkbag:

Looks like there's an entrance to Undermountain in Mystra's temple.

Might as well pay a visit to Shar-Teel and little Gorion while we're here.

'Having some fun' would involve ending this LP and basically doing anything else.

Drizzt is also here, just as confused as ever.

Khalindra's grave holds the entrance to Undermountain. Let's do this. :black101:

A scout spots us and runs away.

Nothing noteworthy about the first area, just some spiders and mists to fight.

The second area is a bit more exciting.

The pathfinding sucks though, you can walk over pretty much every obstacle here.

A locked door is in our way, we need to find a key.

We need to go downstairs here to find it.

This area is from Planescape:Torment, I really should we replaying that game instead of this poo poo.

The hardest fight here is against a lich.

Who were these poor souls?

Gorpel Hind and his party could be encountered in Baldur's Gate during the events of the first game, I forget if I included that encounter since Sandrah didn't react to it.

There are mimics here but Jen'lig's project force catapults them into the walls so we can't get to them.

After a while some demons spawn in, not as hard as the lich but still annoying.

We finally get the key.

I really, really want to play Planescape: Torment now.

Going back to the previous area there's not much to talk about after we've opened the door. Time to continue to the next one.

I think we've arrived at our destination.

Yep, definitely.

I don't think 'drowish' is a word.

One of the temple's priests bars our way.

We pass their test and are allowed to continue to the next area.

Sandrah's supposed to leave you if you fail to answer the questions correctly but I didn't get it to work.

Anyway, time to head into Qilandrha's hideout.

Lots of people hanging around here.

You get the idea.

This is the only person worth talking to here.

Wait a minute, I have seen her before!

She talked to us way back in BG1! I wonder if it'll come up in conversation.

...Guess not. Sandrah leaves the party here and you're encouraged to talk to everyone but we've already done so.

There's quite an enticing dialogue option there, though. Let's see what it does.

:black101:

Sandrah leaves our party and attacks us, as do all the elves hanging out here.

WHO'S THE MARY SUE NOW, HUH!? :byodood:

Elminster teleports in, when we attack him we makes short work of poor Vichan.

Qilandrha can't be killed, by the way. Time to reload.

After exploring for a bit Sandrah rejoins us.

We are now allied with Sandrah's sister, I'm sure she will be of use in the final fight. :respek:

Using the rod when you're not supposed to is a bad idea.

That's it for our excursion to Waterdeep but while we're here let's cover the road to Amkethran as well!

First I travel back to Watcher's Keep and use Lum's machine to increase my stats, something which I didn't bother to do initially.

The road to Amkethran takes us past an Oasis, sweet!

Uh-oh.

Sandrah can solve this encounter as well but any other mod that also allows you to skip a fight here has priority here. Her solution probably involved sex.

We traipse past the army...

..And make our way to Amk-

...Huh, this isn't the place.

We'd best be on our guard here.

Jen'lig has some new PIDs, might as well show them here. I can't believe this is also a Roxanne mod.

The good thing is nobody innocent will be caught in the crossfire.

There they are! :black101:

You tell 'em, Jen'lig! :colbert:

...I feel so bad for her. :negative:

The way to Amkethran is clear now, let's get some rest before continuing.

...uhh...

Oh, it's one of those dreams! :heysexy:

So unnecessary, although I guess it's par for the course for the Romantic Encounters mod.

Next time we'll enter Amkethran and see about this supposed 'ally', running into some old friends while we're at it.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Nov 7, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

So, we've been (unwillingly) in a deep loving (unfaithful) relationship with our Wise CounsellorTM for however many months the game has run so far, but Sandrah feels the need to demand our solemn oath that no, we're still not evil, and if we're insulted by this clear lack of trust she has a tantrum and the mod softlocks.

And this bit of pettiness is over a second Mary Sue OC who's been shat out of thin air completely at random to take away the last crumbs of protagonist-hood that Sandrah had left us thus far.

For gently caress's sake, Roxanne. Get help.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I once again feel compelled to point out that the Time of Troubles occurred 10 years prior to the start of the story, and that Midnight was 26 years old at the time of her apotheosis. Sandrah's grandmother is 36, Sandrah is, I think, 22, and I have absolutely no idea how old Roxanne thinks that would make Elminster. Like this isn't some deep lore poo poo, she clearly knows that the protagonist is about 20 and was born before Bhaal died, and that Midnight was a young woman when she killed him. It falls apart on every level.

Qhilandrha is the worst name.

I figured Sandrah would ruin the Oasis encounter, but at least she gets to pretend otherwise since another mod overrides her. Small blessings.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

of course she is a drow

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

uuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Ramc posted:

of course she is a drow

Now now. It could have been worse.

Could have been Avariel

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Oh, can you summon Minsc into the pocket plane or is he blocked off now since he got sent off in the weird side plot

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Ramc posted:

Oh, can you summon Minsc into the pocket plane or is he blocked off now since he got sent off in the weird side plot

I'll test it out the next time I'm in the Pocket Plane.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ah, yes, this is the Sandrah content we know and love. Compatible with evil characters my rear end, will bet the option to become a god is either taken out or Sandrah+Elminster+Qhalindrag will suddenly jump out and murder you for choosing it.

Also how the hell is Qhalitis a drow when Khalindra was human? At least Vichan has the excuse of his real mother changing with his race.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I once again feel compelled to point out that the Time of Troubles occurred 10 years prior to the start of the story, and that Midnight was 26 years old at the time of her apotheosis. Sandrah's grandmother is 36, Sandrah is, I think, 22, and I have absolutely no idea how old Roxanne thinks that would make Elminster. Like this isn't some deep lore poo poo, she clearly knows that the protagonist is about 20 and was born before Bhaal died, and that Midnight was a young woman when she killed him. It falls apart on every level.

Qhilandrha is the worst name.

I figured Sandrah would ruin the Oasis encounter, but at least she gets to pretend otherwise since another mod overrides her. Small blessings.

So I googled that stupid name to see if it had some background I wasn't aware of. This was the top result.

intransitive verb. : to have casual or illicit sex with a person or with many people especially : to be sexually unfaithful to one's spouse —usually used of a man

The google definition of philander. Just wow.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Qhilandrha is the sort of keyboard smash you named your Neopet because the name you wanted was taken so you kept desperately altering the spelling until you found one.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's a portmanteau of Qilue (Mystra's favorite drow) and Khalindra (Sandrah's mother) because she's such a special magical character she became a drow, and Elminster for some reason names his children like they're My Immortal characters. This is explained somewhere in all that text, not that I'd blame anyone for missing it, given how stupid it is.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
...the same Qilue that we brain in the Underdark?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Ah, yes, this is the Sandrah content we know and love. Compatible with evil characters my rear end, will bet the option to become a god is either taken out or Sandrah+Elminster+Qhalindrag will suddenly jump out and murder you for choosing it.

Sandrah's already been told she's in line to be the next Mystra so naturally her besta beloved sidekick can't go and become the god of murder, what wise counselor would allow that?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

goblin week posted:

...the same Qilue that we brain in the Underdark?

I don't think so.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
This is just my favorite train wreck on the internet. Vichan, you're a drat saint for this.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter CXXXIII - Who could be a better symbol for Love and Hope than one who is condemned as *Evil* by those who consider themselves superior and *Good*!!

With all the diversions out of the way we finally arrive at Amkethran. For some reason we arrive in the southeast corner of the map instead of southwest.

That priest is going to get himself killed, we'd better intervene! :black101:

We'd best keep a low profile if we want to have an audience with Balthazar.

I think I see where this story's going and I have to say I quite like it. :)

This phallic object is the local temple.

Looks like Balthazar is not exactly popular in Amkethran.

Sandrah wants to remind us that she has a copy of the script.

Hey, it's Saemon! I have a bone or two to pick with him! :black101:

He tricks the two mercenaries into attacking us and flees in the confusion. Come back, coward! :argh:

Sarevok talks a big game but the cracks are starting to show.

Next up is the local watering hole.

Just once I'd like to enjoy a drink without being given a quest.

We talk a bit with the innkeeper before heading over to Marlowe's house.

Oh, I almost forgot about this place.

Poor Lazarus, relocated yet again.

(I didn't include picking up the Elven tome in the LP because I figured it was just another junk item lying around. Whoops)

Finally we arrive at Marlowe's house.

Irenicus has a point there, this merchant is probably not telling us everything. Only one way to find out though.

On our way to the cave we take care of a situation between the mayor's daughter and some mercenaries.

Another day, another lich.

Seems like Marlowe willingly made a deal with this creature only to back out to the detriment of his family. He has a lot to answer for! :argh:

At least he's willing to atone to save his daughter.

It's Marlowe's lucky day, though. I'm not in the mood to make deals.

That takes care of the only quest in this dump.

We just have one more place to go to.

I'm not a fan of smugglers, especially if they're allied with Saemon, but these monks are even worse. :black101:

Don't mention it. :smuggo:

We've finished up everything there is to do in Amkethran so we can meet with Balthazar now. (Normally this is the first thing you tend to do but I like to do things rear end-backward)

What a dick.

Irenicus is quite the tease.

I've decided to tackle Abazigal's Lair first.

I always loved this particular area for some reason, maybe it's the gigantic stairs?

Why do you keep talking about your kind, Draconis?

Oh God, Draconis is a dragon! Who could've foreseen this? Why didn't Sandrah warn us? :saddowns:

(Those two mage characters you see there are some of Sandrah's summons)

We can use the head as a key to head inside. Yuck.

The guy talking turns into a wyvern shortly afterwards. What will they think of next, werehamsters?

The werewyvern was carrying a potion bottle that we fill shortly afterwards. (This dungeon isn't terribly exciting and kind of annoying, you'll forgive me if I only show the highlights)

While the monk doesn't divulge his reasons for being here we do learn that we need a scroll of reversal in order to defeat Abazigal's guardian. This rope will allow us to access pretty much every area in this dungeon.

Seeing the dead monk makes Sandrah all philosophical.

If I covered this dungeon in great detail one third of the screenshots would be like this. Diving, diving, diving.

One of my favorite bits coming up.

:allears:

With the scroll in hand we can finally head to Abazigal. :black101:

As said before Irenicus' redemption is extremely easy to gently caress up and I get the feeling I've already done so. :negative: Finding comprehensive information on the mod is harder than you think, I'm basically flying blind here.

The scroll of reversal allows us to free the dragon. Jen'lig also gets her to upgrade the item we found in the Spelljammer.

Watching Jen'lig's story develop is a delight that not even Sandrah can ruin. :allears:

We finally face Abazigal, a fight is inevitable. (I tried some other conversation options but they mostly lead to the same dialogues, disappointing)

It doesn't take long for him to show his true form.

Yikes, I almost feel sorry for the poor thing.

Irenicus gloats and we pass out.

Speak to me, oh Solar.

Did I just split in two?

Another door opens and we return to Faerun yet again.

Forget what I said before, it's pretty obvious that Caelar and Sandrah are both written by Roxanne. :cripes:

For those of you that are wondering, I'm planning on covering both endings. If only to see how Sandrah will react to them.

Take that, Sandrah. I win! :smuggo:

Guess we know who Abazigal's sponsor was.

Tiamat plagiarizes Spock, transforms into a human and runs off.

Next time we'll be heading to Sendai's Enclave, but I've got something else planned beforehand. More on that later.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Nov 7, 2021

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
literally getting the evil goddess of dragons to praise how awesome sandrah is.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Like, mortals fawning over Sandrah just wasn't enough, the stakes have to always go higher. I'm convinced she'll add Ao to her collection of side pieces before this tale is through.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Like, mortals fawning over Sandrah just wasn't enough, the stakes have to always go higher. I'm convinced she'll add Ao to her collection of side pieces before this tale is through.

I'm still worried about the Spectator Beholder :ohdear:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Addendum IV - Can't a descent dwarf enjoy his beer in peace without a foolish human immediately pulling him into hell?

It's been a while since we had one of these, I originally planned to use these things to cover alternate solutions as well as Sandrah's many, many skills but the former are few and far between and the latter aren't really worth mentioning for the most part.

Anyway, I was asked a pretty good question a couple of days ago:

Ramc posted:

I was wondering myself but...

Why stop there?

Let's try Minsc first.

Huh, Roxanne actually put in effort with this one. Now I'm curious about the rest of the options.

If you're not interested in all of these summons you might as well skip the rest, no Sandrah content to be found.

A lot of these are unavailable.

I forgot that I had these mods installed so I was very confused that I actually managed to summon them.

Breagar was one of those NPCs that I completely forgot about, otherwise he'd probably feature in a couple of BG2 chapters.

(All of the chapter titles are from Sandrah Saga except for two which come from Breagar)

:allears:

gently caress off, crybaby.

And don't you forget it, you ponce! :argh:

Nice to see you, Cernd. Why don't you visit some of the other planes? I'm sure they'd be happy to meet you.

Edwin is so bugged that he won't even show up to the Pocket Plane. :cripes:

I'd invite her back but our party is full. :smith:

Oh dear, I completely forgot about Jan as well, didn't I? No matter, his Sandrah content is extremely limited.

These two are a sight for sore eyes. The Pocket Plane is in good hands. :hai:

Isn't she adorable? :allears:

Meet the new and improved Nalia. Her portrait still sucks.

Ms. Monkeycheese is still annoying.

No, we're not covering the SoD characters and their respective quests. To be honest I shouldn't even have invited them into the party to begin with.

We missed the chance to shift Viconia's alignment. Not to worry, Sandrah has next to nothing to say about it anyway.

We had to talk to her manually and she won't budge afterwards. Screw her.

Foundling doesn't want to move either.

Neither does Isra, what's with these people?

Our Pocket Plane has become quite crowded. Was it worth dedicating my time to this exercise? Probably not.

The rest of the Five are going to get it next time. :black101:

Vichan fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Nov 7, 2021

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

That wasn't quite as interesting as I originally envisioned it, oh well.

I've finished ToB but ran into some bugs, the next two chapters will be released as soon as I manage to solve these issues.

RatchedB52
May 28, 2021
Haven't seen the Beast seduce any NPCs recently. Has she stopped or have I blocked it from my mind? So many candidates... think she could have redeemed Marlowe's soul with her divine WAP, yeah?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter CXXXIV - Weeen.

We're back at the Pocket Plane for another trial.

Literally slaying our innocence. Gruesome.

We head back to Amkethran to find out what the Elven Tome can do. Since I want to be done with ToB already I'm not going to get into it any further than this.

Sendai's Enclave is next!

We meet a friendly woodcutter who's more than happy to help out! :downs:

Oh boy, recently dug graves. Totally not suspicious.

We got ambushed in the clearing! We'd better let the woodcutter know! :saddowns:

Of course the woodcutter is a drow as well. It does not end well for him.

The entrance to Sendai's lair is revealed to us.

Irenicus will be awfully quiet concerning Sendai, probably because he already has a soul. He still had this conversation with Sandrah about her soul though, it feels sort of out of place here.

Time to battle our way through Sendai's lair! :black101:

We find a key on one of her flunkies which leads to...

Sendai's pretty stereotypical as far as antagonists go.

I don't feel like killing slaves so spider alley it is.

After the spiders there's this crossroads.

To continue we have to kill this lich to get a wardstone. Easy as pie.

This brings us to another cutscene.

"You have failed me for the last time!" :witch:

She sends another one of her minions to an early death.

Wardstone in hand we head to the next floor of this dungeon.

...After we talk to Jen'lig about her post-ToB plans though.

See you in about a minute. :smuggo:

Take that! :black101:

Another door opens.

If these goons didn't talk they wouldn't even be worth mentioning to be honest.

Another good scene coming up.

I wish he could join us. :allears:

Sendai only has one minion left, it seems.

Jen'lig's nice enough to warn us beforehand.

Die, you glorified squid! :black101:

Mithykyl tries to get the drop on us to no avail. Sendai is all alone now.

Sendai summons multiple statues of herself, each of them a different class.

Good thing they only activate one by one, the drow that keep rushing into the room are barely worth mentioning.

Eventually Sendai herself tries to face us but by that point it's far too late for her.

Before dying she has something to show us.

Balthazar's a traitor! :argh:

Before we can even process this information we get teleported back to the Pocket Plane.

Some answers, finally!

So the five were approached, huh? Who could have possibly done this!?

Before we can answer we're back at Sendai's Enclave. (Sarevok actually initiated this banter in the middle of Sendai's fight)

Someone approaches...

I guess we shouldn't be surprised who Sendai's sponsor was.

We follow Sandrah's advice here and end things peacefully. I get the feeling we'll run into her again.

Oh God, could Cyric really be my sponsor? I do feel like I'm going crazy but I thought that was just my experiences with Sandrah Saga haunting me in my dreams.

We use the teleporter to get out of here, it seems like and old friend is there to greet us.

Elminster's 'ye olde English' is really bad here.

Elminster lends a helping hand by informing us that Saemon is back in Amkethran. We'll have to look him up when we get back there.

You might have noticed someone else hanging out with our party, as soon as our conversation with Elminster is done...

She sure doesn't look like Sendai's daughter.

We send her to Eilistraee's enclave and get the hell out of here.

...Did Sarevok's alignment switch back? :ohdear:

Back to Amkethran to face Balthazar. :hai:

I'm not holding back against these assholes any longer! :black101:

Scratch that, I almost forgot that we have another Pocket Plane trial to see to.

Who could it be this time?

Cyric! We were just talking about you!

After a bit of verbal sparring with Sandrah it's just me and him.

Quite the productive conversation, to be honest. He's really not that bad of a guy once you get to know him.

His minions die like the chumps they are.

...This room is really creeping me out. Let's go back to Amkethran.

Uh-oh, that's not good.

I'm pretty sure this is a part of Iylos' quest which, like the man himself, seems to be bugged as gently caress. Mercifully they disappear into the ether without anything else breaking.

The guy's such a snake.

We'll give him one more chance, Irenicus vouches for him after all.

We leave for the monastery immediately.

Smooth sailing so far.

And off he goes again, some things never change. Good thing Balthazar's minions are easy to defeat.

Balthazar awaits.

I love playing dumb even though we already have all the information we need.

I knew it, Balthazar's a Bhaalspawn as well! Did he say Melissan approached him?

He's obsessed with ridding the world of Bhaalspawn but not so obsessed that he won't take the time to praise Sandrah. :suicide:

It takes some convincing but I think he's coming around...

Normally a fight is unavoidable here, the Ascension mod adds a diplomatic option here.

Back at the Pocket Plane, once again.

This'll be good.

A priestess of Bhaal, huh? How many have we crossed paths with by now?

That's the thing about evil priestesses, very untrustworthy.

We almost come to blows here but the Solar stops us, we have one more trial to do after all.

We've just arrived back at Amkethran and Sandrah feels it necessary to hijack the plot at this crucial moment.

I'm having another baby! :swoon:

We traipse through the garden towards the giant fan that seems to denote exits and entrances in Elminster's house.

Across the battlements...

Into the gatehouse that obviously doesn't actually lead anywhere.

And finally through the front door of our beloved she-bear's house.

:suicide: :suicide:

I don't know what I expected.

Gorion you're barely a year old, how are you so articulate?

And that's pretty much it, we're teleported back to Amkethran shortly after this. I couldn't even record the fact that Khalindra's voice seems to come from one of the dogs running around the place.

Time to head back to the Pocket Plane.

Just one more trial left.

That wasn't too bad, to be honest.

All children of Bhaal are either dead or on our side. We quickly leave this place because that face scares the crap out of me.

Next time we'll face Melissan and deal with our heritage once and for all. :hai:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Next chapter will be uploaded some time tomorrow, place your bets on what will happen! :)

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Good luck with Ascension. I reckon Sandrah betrays the party at the last minute and takes all the Bhaal essence for herself.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

probably goes to the 'sister'

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Sandrah talks Amelyssan down and she just deletes the essence; because who needs more gods?

Then also you fight her for some reason.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Not-Vichan offered us a way out. He said he could return our innocence and restore us to Candlekeep, before any of this horror happened. Why was there no option to accept. :smith:

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Melissan will identify Sandrah as the TRUE threat to her godhood.

If you try to accept Bhaal's essence, Sandrah will leave your party and take everyone else with her, then kill you, either in a cutscene or while completely invincible.

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013

Black Robe posted:

Not-Vichan offered us a way out. He said he could return our innocence and restore us to Candlekeep, before any of this horror happened. Why was there no option to accept. :smith:

And then Vichan awakes to find it was all just a horrifically detailed nightmare...

Though to be fair, 'it was all a dream' WOULD be a twist ending none of us would probably guess was coming, and would almost certainly be a better ending then whatever is actually going to happen in this mess.

RatchedB52
May 28, 2021
Weeen.

Best chapter title so far.

Prediction: Sandrah railroads Vichan into rejecting the Bhaal essence, and manages to lock it away somewhere safe, for Vichan and Sandrah to use later, ascending to Godhood together during a mortality dissolving orgasm.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter CXXXV - What will happen to the part of the essence that is within me but which I use in the name of Eilistraeee and Mystra and have no intention to apply in an evil way ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrmAoNckI0A

The titular Throne of Bhaal, our long journey is nearing its end.

I have no idea how Melissan got to be twice as tall as she originally was.

Balthazar decided to keep to his word, he'll be joining us for this encounter. :respek:

After a bit of verbal sparring between me, Melissan and Irenicus another familiar face is summoned.

Speaking of familiar faces.

Leave Imoen alone, you monster! She's been through enough! :argh:

More villains join the fray.

You really want to get your rear end kicked a third time? :smuggo:

There isn't a riddle that our counselor can't solve, bring it on!

One down, two to go.

Sandrah also solves the second riddle, but the third will have to be answered without her help. :ohdear:

Suck it, baboon!

Melissan does a thing and Imoen transforms into the slayer (again). It's best not to attack her since we don't want her to wind up dead.

We head straight for Bodhi and bop her on the head until she gibs. :black101:

Imoen is back to normal and decides to get the hell out of here before her IQ drops any further.

There's three pools we have to deal with in total.

Interacting with them causes monsters to teleport in.

Interact with the pool again and you get teleported back to the beginning, completely restored.

Same with the second pool.

And the third, I decided to summon Mystra's Army and they quickly prove their worth.

Sendai, Yaga-Shura, Abazigal and Illasera get summoned.

Thankfully Sarevok decides to stay loyal to us.

Melissan knocks us on our rear end and fucks off back into the throne, leaving us to deal with the brainwashed FiveFour.

Half our party deals with Sendai and Yaga-Shura.

While the other half wails on Abazigal while Skie shoots arrows.

...I'm sorry, what?

For some inexplicable reason Illasera turns into Skie when she's at low health. There's no sprite change or dialogue that indicates this, I almost missed it the first time around.

She's the last of the five to fall.

Melissan decides to face us herself.

She soon finds out that she bit off more than she can chew, however.

It doesn't take long for the battle to be interrupted.

Melissan is defeated, we have won! :toot:

Enough about that though, it's Sandrah's time to shine! :suicide:

We are summoned before Mystra, with Elminster by her side. Qilandhra also joins us here and Balthazar arrives shortly after this screenshot was taken. Melissan is also lying around in the corner there because why the hell not?

We can't say we didn't see this coming. :jerkbag:

Sandrah really doesn't get enough praise so it's nice to see her finally getting some well deserved respect.

...That physically hurt to type. This is horrible.

Midnight was never truly Mystra to begin with, it was always supposed to be Sandrah.

...I could literally be doing anything else right now.

Stop looking at me like that, I'm uncomfortable enough as it is!

Sandrah accepts, of course. No shred of humility to be found.

Looks like it's my turn now, I'm getting goosebumps!

Balthazar willingly gives up his Bhaalspawn essence.

Qilandrha deftly deflects suspicion away from herself by making a totally-not-suspicious comment.

Sandrah's word is law, however. Mary Sues have to stick together.

Leave my Bhaal essence behind or accept my destiny and become a god? Choices, choices...

My companions offer their opinions on the subject.

I choose mortality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvTdGZGtpLk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md5liDiPLXE

After the cutscenes it's time for...

The epilogues and credits, the game is over...

So yeah, this obviously not the way to go. Roxanne didn't even bother giving Sandrah an epilogue. We're obviously not supposed to do this.

Godhood it is then, I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvTdGZGtpLk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ykRML3c1Js

And so ends Throne of Bhaal and with it the Bhaalspawn saga...

...This is not the end for us, though. Sandrah Saga adds TWO more storylines to continue Sandrah's story.

The first one starts right away but I'm obviously getting ahead of myself, Return to Faerun will have to wait until a later date...

...What of Jen'lig, though? She was awfully quiet this chapter.

Jen'lig's story was supposed to be concluded at the Throne of Bhaal but she bugged out, causing her to get stuck in oldMystra's throne-room while me and Sandrah teleported out to the new and improved throne room. She was the best part of this whole thing and now I can't even show you guys how her story ends. :cripes:

Next time we'll see what Return to Faerun has in store for us. Again I want to thank you all for sticking around through this meandering trainwreck. It's all downhill from here.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

I guess Vichan is the new god of love due to his boundless love for Sandrah!

:shepicide:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I knew it would be stupid, but still, :ohno:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I love that Caelar’s ending is literally “gently caress you, coward.” Not that it’s particularly out of character; I could see her actually say that, she sucks. At least Sarevok and Balthazar managed to avoid the curse and remain sane.

I appreciate that all of Sandrah’s talk about mortals not needing gods and gods needing to know their place evaporated the moment she was offered a club membership. It is very much in character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

LJN92 posted:

I guess Vichan is the new god of love due to his boundless love for Sandrah!

:shepicide:

this is Sune erasure