Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Coincidentally, the frontal lobe finishes developing around 25 and they nope out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The Leo thing is definitely weird but not a crime

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The weirdest part to me is the dating adult teenagers in your mid 20s, because when I was 23 my also 23 roommate had a girlfriend that was 19 and it was just annoying we couldn't go to bars when she was hanging out. But I'm guessing whoever is on the arm of a 25 year old Leo DiCaprio isn't getting carded at the club.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
As low as the bar may seem, if someone's into consenting adult humans and doesn't seem to be actively abusing them then well, it could be worse. Incidentally, I'm pretty sure this is why Boris Johnson somehow leaves a trail of bastards across Britain and actively cuckolds journalists as they write glowing stories about him, because as the British aristocracy goes that's a rare catch.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Leonardo needs to feed on a 20yo every 4 to 8 years like the jeepers creepers monster

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'm assuming all of those women are also professional models from rich families, so it's not like Leo is just leaving a trail of abused and broken young women in his wake. He's a pervert, but I don't really see anything technically "wrong" about his behavior.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

I'm assuming all of those women are also professional models from rich families, so it's not like Leo is just leaving a trail of abused and broken young women in his wake. He's a pervert, but I don't really see anything technically "wrong" about his behavior.

lol nothing shady about the modelling industry.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

lol nothing shady about the modelling industry.

Leo is very much a step up from your average modeling photographer, holy gently caress is every straight guy in that profession skeevy as hell

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
20 and 43 is kinda borderline, imo.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I feel like if I were a young attractive woman I wouldn’t mind “doing the deed” with Leonardo DiCaprio.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I resent being anyone's headboard notch, which I'm led to believe was the entire purpose of his Pussy Posse. That's the sort of poo poo that has transformed attractive guys to repugnant guys for me. And I don't mean metaphorically; it's kinda bizarre in it's severity, like I am baffled how I once considered that attractive.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

If you ever want an idea of what the Pussy Possee was actually like watch Dons Plum. One of the most obnoxious movies ever made and I think it was mostly improvised.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58209403
Nicki Minaj is, allegedly, harassing the woman her husband raped.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Her husband's a rapist, her brother's a rapist, and her best friend (Tekashi 6ix9ine) is a rapist

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Did she misread when she decided to become a rapper?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Oh, word? Friends with 6ix9ine? The pedophile?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

King Vidiot posted:

And she keeps defending him and working with him because “he’s real” and anyone else criticizing her would jump at the chance to work with 6ix9ine.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Yeah, he's real alright. He's a real piece of poo poo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
How is he real

He’s a snitch

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Alan Smithee posted:

How is he real

He’s a snitch
She glosses over that and focuses on him being a “real gangster” and doing stuff that would make “all the trolls cry”

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alan Smithee posted:

How is he real

He’s a snitch

Yeah, the first time things got real he immediately started naming names to the cops and sold out everyone he could to save himself.

He's only real in the sense that he's a real pedophile and a real piece of sh-

edogawa rando posted:

Yeah, he's real alright. He's a real piece of poo poo.

....damnit I wanted to be the first person to say that...

Seriously though, he sucks as a person.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I thought the 69 guy died

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Right after the discussion about Paul Schrader's Facebook comes news that he's going on a Facebook hiatus after a post joking about allegations against Andrew Cuomo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Everyone thought he was gonna get murdered but he's somehow still alive.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

that was xtenacious

or possibly xtencion

I'm not being facetious i genuinely can't remember what his name was and my internet's playing up so i can't google it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Snowman_McK posted:

that was xtenacious

or possibly xtencion

I'm not being facetious i genuinely can't remember what his name was and my internet's playing up so i can't google it.

xxxtentacion, who also committed sexual assault, statutory rape, and physically abused at least one of his girlfriends

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Nicki Minaj defending rapists isn't really all that surprising considering back in 2015 she ignored thousands of appeals to not support the dictatorship in Angola by giving a concert there and ended up getting a selfie with the dictator's billionaire daughter:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The spam replies lol

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

tell me more about this "titsgram"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Maybe not the right thread, my friend

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Nicki Minaj kinda seems like a piece of poo poo, IMVHO. :shrug:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Bob Dylan accused of sexually assaulting 12-year-old girl in 1965.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I honestly didn't think there were any celebrities/notable individuals who'd be accused of this poo poo that could hurt me or really cause me to feel upset but... Guess I was wrong! Just really, really hoping this winds up being unsubstantiated and untrue.

I'd actually be more skeptical and less inclined towards believing this (having read more biographies and books analyzing Dylan's life than I care to admit to myself) if she claimed it had happened at some point over the last 40-50 years or so. But in 1965, I think can believe that he was still stupid, stoned, and conceited enough to do something this awful.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

kaworu posted:

I honestly didn't think there were any celebrities/notable individuals who'd be accused of this poo poo that could hurt me or really cause me to feel upset but... Guess I was wrong! Just really, really hoping this winds up being unsubstantiated and untrue.

I'd actually be more skeptical and less inclined towards believing this (having read more biographies and books analyzing Dylan's life than I care to admit to myself) if she claimed it had happened at some point over the last 40-50 years or so. But in 1965, I think can believe that he was still stupid, stoned, and conceited enough to do something this awful.

And it was also a lot more normalized in the music scene and arguably in the broader arts world, if not society at large, in the 60s, 70s, 80s....Paige, Bowie, Henley, Nugent...frankly the fact that the last two were so overt and unapologetic about it tells you everything you need to know about where everybody’s head was at

Nugent loving legally adoped a girl so they could shack up and take drugs and then boasted about it for years, and Henley turned his sour grapes about getting publicly dragged for drugging a 16 year old into a hit song

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Ok Comboomer posted:

And it was also a lot more normalized in the music scene and arguably in the broader arts world, if not society at large, in the 60s, 70s, 80s....Paige, Bowie, Henley, Nugent...frankly the fact that the last two were so overt and unapologetic about it tells you everything you need to know about where everybody’s head was at

Nugent loving legally adoped a girl so they could shack up and take drugs and then boasted about it for years, and Henley turned his sour grapes about getting publicly dragged for drugging a 16 year old into a hit song

The sheer amount of number 1 hits praising lusting after or sex with underage girls tells you everything you need to know about the music industry.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah, I was really into Prince because my dad was super into Prince’s music and then I found out about how he adopted one of his back up dancers and I was just like “drat they really all were creeps back in the day, huh? Being rich and famous just kills your brain and your soul, I guess.”

"Mayte Garcia’s Wikipedia” posted:

In 1990, 16-year-old Garcia met Prince backstage in Barcelona after he saw a tape of her dancing. After she graduated high school in Germany at the age of 17, Prince became her legal guardian. Upon moving to Minneapolis, Prince and members of his team helped set her up with her own apartment. "At first, I stayed at the Sofitel, then they moved me to a nice little prairie house at the Country Suites, but I couldn't even make a cup of tea there, so they got me an apartment and rented furniture," she said. At the age of 19, Prince instructed her to get on birth control thus beginning their sexual relationship. After a four-year courtship, they married on February 14, 1996.

I mean this is the official sorry from her wiki, this is the part they think is ok to share, I’m really left with no choice but to assume the reality is less… patient, shall we say, then “merely” forcing her to go on birth control so that they could gently caress (especially when you consider the entire album that he wrote about her came out when she was still 18. It’s also kind of burying the lede that Prince watched a tape of a 16 year old girl dancing and essentially just bought her from her family…

The wiki also frames it as though the courtship was from 19-24, and not, actually, from 16-24 which is when he met her and began taking steps to become her legal guardian.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 17, 2021

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Is the sexual assault dam holding back all of the awful poo poo that goes on and has gone on in the music industry finally breaking?

Classic rock is hosed

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Shageletic posted:

Is the sexual assault dam holding back all of the awful poo poo that goes on and has gone on in the music industry finally breaking?

Classic rock is hosed

It’s like the scientists who did Tuskegee, the “dam is breaking” because they are all in their 60s-70s and are going to die very soon, it’s now or never. The Bob Dylan accusation specifically cites that a statute of limitations amendment was going to be repealed the day before she filed, it was literally her last chance to legally act on it before the law reverted back.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

And Drake, the other pedophile!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Vincent posted:

And Drake, the other pedophile!

turns out Pedophile Island was all around us all along