Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

lol you're half right. not much to seize in a system that runs on crypto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

"We voted not to get shot!" I cry as I'm lined up against the wall with all the others in the town.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

gschmidl posted:

"We voted not to get shot!" I cry as I'm lined up against the wall with all the others in the town.

"Hey Google, how you you say 'you're violating the NAP' in Pashto?"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Me standing outside what used to be my house "But I have an NFT!"

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Splicer posted:

Me standing outside what used to be my house "But I have an NAP!"

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
https://twitter.com/tresdessert/status/1427228530551791621?s=20

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

:ohno:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

imagine desperately trying to bribe your way out of an increasingly hostile country with bitcoins, just frantically explaining to the gate guard how to set up a wallet

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

watching people plummet to their deaths in fear as they cling to the sides of C17s and bitcoiners still try to spin this as a use case is making me very angry

Ron Paul Atreides fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 16, 2021

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

watching people plummet to their deaths in fear as they cling to the sides of C17s and bitcoiners still try to spin this as a use case is making me very angry

crypto people are basically a sampling of the worst people humanity has to offer, so it's not surprising

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

incredible

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

man whoever said this situation has been an absolute feeding frenzy for dipshit takes was 100% correct

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I didn't expect to see holocaust-comparison-level idiot takes this quickly again but here we are.

I hear Rolexes make far better bartering tools than gold bars. Or Bitcoin.

e: the second part of above tweet is very important

https://twitter.com/ptonerdoteth/status/1427218555343360001

e2: :justpost:ing

https://twitter.com/xsillent/status/1427237324790931468

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 16, 2021

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
if the blockchain can be applied to solve any conceivable human problem then how can blockchain be applied to the problem of making these dweebs gently caress off forever and take their fountain of poo poo takes with them

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Sapozhnik posted:

if the blockchain can be applied to solve any conceivable human problem then how can blockchain be applied to the problem of making these dweebs gently caress off forever and take their fountain of poo poo takes with them

it can't therefore proving that bitcoin is useless

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

FAUXTON posted:

imagine desperately trying to bribe your way out of an increasingly hostile country with bitcoins, just frantically explaining to the gate guard how to set up a wallet
I wonder if Afghanistan.txt will be more like Greece.txt or Brazil.txt

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

ironically the Afghani is the currency, not the people.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Non Functioning Thoughts.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

gschmidl posted:

I didn't expect to see holocaust-comparison-level idiot takes this quickly again but here we are.

I hear Rolexes make far better bartering tools than gold bars. Or Bitcoin.

e: the second part of above tweet is very important

https://twitter.com/ptonerdoteth/status/1427218555343360001

e2: :justpost:ing

https://twitter.com/xsillent/status/1427237324790931468

i really hope these are legitimately the dumbest motherfuckers on earth because it would be devastating to find out there's someone dumber

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i'm glad they somehow managed to cram deus ex muskina into this too

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Shame Boy posted:

i'm glad they somehow managed to cram deus ex muskina into this too

All part of the same bazingoid "I loving love science that I don't even begin to comprehend" crowd.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
they love the sciences the way they love women--by jerking off to them from afar

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FAUXTON posted:

*gives bitcoins*

*gets shot and left in an open grave*

currency of the future

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I'm trying to remember where someone posted the screed about how bitcoin was the solution to the biggest problem in cryonics. No, not "cryonics is hokum that cannot work", but "once they've frozen you, what motivation is there to thaw you out?" Their idea was to put some bitcoin in a brainwallet, so that in the far future when hyperbitcoinization has happened and there is near-perfect technology, people will want to thaw you out/resurrect you so that they can get a share of the enormous wealth that you can only be access when you are alive. So, by hodling bitcoin you will eventually overcome death itself, to be resurrected in a glorious heaven future where you will have immense power and fortune.

Remember, y'all: Not a cult.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
if they can rebuild your brain from ice crystal filled soup can't they just scan the code from your frozen noodle and then toss you into the reclamation tank?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

yeah they did say that. didn't that one guy that was probably satoshi who died get frozen?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

LanceHunter posted:

I'm trying to remember where someone posted the screed about how bitcoin was the solution to the biggest problem in cryonics. No, not "cryonics is hokum that cannot work", but "once they've frozen you, what motivation is there to thaw you out?" Their idea was to put some bitcoin in a brainwallet, so that in the far future when hyperbitcoinization has happened and there is near-perfect technology, people will want to thaw you out/resurrect you so that they can get a share of the enormous wealth that you can only be access when you are alive. So, by hodling bitcoin you will eventually overcome death itself, to be resurrected in a glorious heaven future where you will have immense power and fortune.

Remember, y'all: Not a cult.

i was gonna say that it's pretty far fetched that future citizens, when faced with an economic system where all the world's power is concentrated in the hands of few decaying liches who are dependent on those same citizens to continue living, would just keep playing along instead of revolting but then realized i'm describing current times too

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I hope the computer lizard from the future will torment bitcoiners' brainwallets in its cybernetic hell for all eternity.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Paladinus posted:

I hope the computer lizard from the future will torment bitcoiners' brainwallets in its cybernetic hell for all eternity.

look around.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/jackdwagner/status/1427356975105396746

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

if we could just turn all the people of afghanistan into bitcoinmen they could just roll out of reach of the taliban

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Taliban: "Bitcoin is haram because of these usurious fees, like Allahu Akbar what the gently caress man no fees my rear end"

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

i can't tell if this is a shitpost or an earnest reply. all i know is that it's good for bitscoin

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shame Boy posted:

if we could just turn all the people of afghanistan into bitcoinmen they could just roll out of reach of the taliban

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Didn't somebody try donating a huge sum of bitcoin to the taliban and/or ISIS and it didn't work because :bitcoin:

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

*converts entire country of afghanistan into bitcoin so the taliban can't take it over*

the next day:

afghanistan: penis

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

they'll still take over the country but then maybe they'll change their minds and give it back keeping only 5% as a finders fee

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

EorayMel posted:

Didn't somebody try bitcoin and it didn't work because :bitcoin:

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Zamujasa posted:

i can't tell if this is a shitpost or an earnest reply. all i know is that it's good for bitscoin

I had to click through this to confirm that it was, in fact, mocking the op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

they kinda did buy it though just with real money