Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Oh I misread, pivot from somber to merk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Here, we must agree that the villain is somber, correct?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
This was refs vote, which he made a few posts before posting finder. Somber was at 6 votes, and refs vote put merk at 2 votes

Referee posted:

That said, I don’t expect this vote to go anywhere given the current count but ##vote merk. I will make sure I’m around to move.

Referee posted:

Votecount for Day 2

Somberbrero (6): t a s t e, the holy poopacy, PlasticAutomaton, Idle Amalgam, gay for gacha, merk
merk (2): Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, Idle Amalgam, Hal Insandenza, Referee
Hal Insandenza (2): merk, b-minus1, Somberbrero, merk
b-minus1 (1): Maerlyn
Referee (1): gay for gacha, merk, merk, gay for gacha, Sandwolf, merk, merk
Maerlyn (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
PlasticAutomaton (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly
Idle Amalgam (0): merk, merk
the holy poopacy (0): b-minus1, merk, merk, b-minus1
Voodoofly (0): gay for gacha, gay for gacha

Not Voting (1): Voodoofly

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 15th, 2021 at 8:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 57 minutes.

Are you loving it?
This was

It didn’t take much for sandwolf to through down a merk vote. Third merk vote

Sandwolf posted:

##vote merk

I’m liking Ref’s catchup play here, it feels authentic and sincere, and I like some of the points he’s making.

Somber you should still claim

Merk voted hal. Hal at 2 votes (I was also voting hal)

G4g asked somber if he would vote merk

Somberbrero posted:

To save myself, sure
Having a hard time believing that scum somber would pass up an opportunity to vote confirmed town merk.
During this time poop was pretty active in the thread but hadn’t moved their vote

Worthless taste post

t a s t e posted:

^sure scum

G4g voted merk. Then voodoo showed up made a few posts and voted merk.

Voodoofly posted:

##vote merk.

I’m not really thrilled about any of the vote candidates but I guess I feel least good about merk being town.

I’m just going to post this becaus I don’t want my phone to eat this post. I know I missed some votes two pages ago. Gonna through those in another post. Just like yesterday, I’m on board with lunching hal and voodoo. Also can’t forget about ref and sandwolf. I can’t think of a reason why scum somber would just sit back and choose not to save himself by voting merk. Taste is probably lurking scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

How does it feel to be so bad at mafia, op?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Okay wow I missed a lot while I was gone yesterday but I want to start with this. I know Somber said he was playing as Steak on day 1, but how the hell did you guys just shrug your hands at that and go "anyways."

I think perhaps I'm just sort of a rascal. sandwolf letting me off the hook that easy was surprising. his questioning of my non-claim didn't feel that sincere.

it's hard for me to want to vote taste as it's extremely low information. town taste is absolutely capable of playing a game like this and if we mess up again today i doubt we have too many more chances. i don't want to go into D4 with a taste flip.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Now who’s providing value :smugmrgw:?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Yeah ##vote taste.

I also don’t think somber is scum in that situation and doesn’t hammer merk. Not voting somber.

I’d still probably vote plastic as well.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

b-minus1 posted:

I’m just going to post this becaus I don’t want my phone to eat this post. I know I missed some votes two pages ago. Gonna through those in another post. Just like yesterday, I’m on board with lunching hal and voodoo. Also can’t forget about ref and sandwolf. I can’t think of a reason why scum somber would just sit back and choose not to save himself by voting merk. Taste is probably lurking scum.

the fact that you doubt scum somber would have done that would be an excellent reason for scum somber to do it.

still, it does give me pause

i was ok with hal yesterday but merk's flip does make me less confident in that

voodoo is probably the top of my list right now

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

A sincere vote on taste is scummy when we have information to consider from prior days.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

A sincere vote on taste is scummy when we have information to consider from prior days.

All he has done is try to vote out a player I think is town.

And he is going to lose the game for town if he stays in the game. I think it’s because he is scum but even if he is town you lose with him alive in LYLO

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Conversely, would it be correct to say all I’ve done is not mislynch?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Do you typically hunt scum by looking for players who disagree on unflipped alignments?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Voodoofly posted:

I also don’t think somber is scum in that situation and doesn’t hammer merk. Not voting somber.

Except he did hammer merk.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Voodoofly posted:

Yeah ##vote taste.

I’d still probably vote plastic as well.

b-minus1 posted:

Having a hard time believing that scum somber would pass up an opportunity to vote confirmed town merk.

I can’t think of a reason why scum somber would just sit back and choose not to save himself by voting merk.

...So um. Voodoo, B-Minus. I don't know how to break this to you. But he did. And in a way (and yes I know this is rich considering my day 1 hammer on Steak) that was almost designed to go "Oh woe is me, no matter how I vote you will all think I'm sus, well hammering anyways."

Somberbrero posted:

I pointed out that there was no scum motivation for me continuing the conversation. But, I tire of this. I look forward to being voted regardless of merk's flip. If he is town, I avoided hammering as it would look scummy. If he is scum, obviously I tried to move the vote off my teammate.

##vote merk

I'm not really sure how both of you missed this!

Voodoofly posted:

All he has done is try to vote out a player I think is town.

And he is going to lose the game for town if he stays in the game. I think it’s because he is scum but even if he is town you lose with him alive in LYLO

b-minus1 posted:

Taste is probably lurking scum.

...Oh. Right. You two did notice and you're pretending he didn't to avoid having any excuse to vote out Somber, and trying to pivot things to Taste. There's three of the scum team, boys, and I'm hella sus of Sandwolf as number 4.

##vote: Somber

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

t a s t e (1): Voodoofly
Somberbrero (1): PlasticAutomaton

Not Voting (9): b-minus1, Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, Referee, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, t a s t e, the holy poopacy

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 19th, 2021 at 8:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 18 hours.

Are you loving it?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maerlyn posted:

Except he did hammer merk.

Ahhhh I was going to blindly believe those two and assume somber must be town

A little gun shy after merk flipped town to just jump on somber though

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Morning, I'll catch up on my lunch break <3

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

You realize you have to read the thread not just look at a final vote count. There was a point where merk was at six and somber was at five. Somber could have hammered merk but didn’t. Somber then voted me. Merk voted me. I said again I didn’t want to vote either of them and voted PA. Merk followed.

It was after all of that, when it became apparent that it was merk or nothing, that somber voted.

But PA thinks somber as scum tried to swing a vote into me, his scum buddy, rather than hammer merk. Or that I would then jump off to try and help save merk, a townie, despite merk and somber voting me.

Yeah, I think somber is probably not scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Would you admit that scum intentionally act in ways to throw town off the trail?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yes. It’s another reason to vote you.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

To be clear, if you spilled your coffee, would you call that another reason to vote me as well?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Somber did you also have a modular role and would you share which one you didnt choose? I don't know that I'm buying the "it won't save me" argument but I don't think not claiming is scummy.

Somberbrero posted:

It's not going to save me and I don't want to deal with the frustration of failing to explain myself further.

The lack of night action results is also killing me.

So let's say somber is town and he reveals he has a role that benefits town.

Somberbrero posted:

If I survive it's helpful and if I'm the flip today then it doesn't matter anyway.

I'm kind of surprised scum didn't pick him for N2 since he's saying he has a power that's helpful for town. Choosing Gacha really makes me think they were trying to silence him.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I want to get some more discussion in but I promise I'll answer those questions later today. I do have a guess as to what power Gacha declined.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Taste I was rereading D1, do you have some weird PR on even days or were you just loving around?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If I was coughing loudly here might you recognize what I mean?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Oh okay, today is question marks.

Its better than two words at least. Tomorrow really go for broke and do two word questions (a complete thought)

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Taste is probably just loving around I highly doubt he has an actual pr

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Before sandy comes in here yelling at me about empty content I have been rereading but I'm not confident enough to share anything major yet, just trying to connect dots for now. Voodoo is pinging me pretty hard with the hammer argument (it feels disingenuous).

Taste if you put aside your suspicions of somber momentarily, who else looks scummy?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Have you ever known a referee on the level?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If taste is going to be useless we should do away with him earlier than later.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I would vote binus for using more words in this one post that his last 3-4 games combined

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

I want to get some more discussion in but I promise I'll answer those questions later today. I do have a guess as to what power Gacha declined.

This is a bonkers post

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

This is a bonkers post

Scum didn't get to choose huh? /snark

I haven't made up my mind on you yet, you might just be one of those dudes that always look scummy to me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

how the hell would somber know, or even think he knows, what ability g4g *didn't* pick? it seems insane unless he's claiming mason

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

how the hell would somber know, or even think he knows, what ability g4g *didn't* pick? it seems insane unless he's claiming mason

process of elimination? if somber is alleging a power role he can probably rule out whatever he has, and if he also had a pick-2 then it's a reasonable assumption that none of his options would be duplicate with g4g's.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the holy poopacy posted:

process of elimination? if somber is alleging a power role he can probably rule out whatever he has, and if he also had a pick-2 then it's a reasonable assumption that none of his options would be duplicate with g4g's.

???? there are not four power roles in the game of mafia poop

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

If taste is going to be useless we should do away with him earlier than later.

If identifying two scum is useless, what’s useful?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

???? there are not four power roles in the game of mafia poop

eh, it's a "mostly normal game" I think you could get down to a reasonable guess.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
taste who do you think is most likely to be town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the holy poopacy posted:

taste who do you think is most likely to be town

Im not sure I can engage in reads that way, but I can try to think on it, if that’s acceptable?