Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

grilling is neat and fun

I was in your neck of the woods last weekend and rode around some Black Diamond trail thing and got a hot dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

bad picture it looks slimy

Yeah, it's great

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

fart simpson posted:

challenge accepted

i’m gonna dm jonny my daily dream journal updates.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

President Beep posted:

i’m gonna dm jonny my daily dream journal updates.

just post them here beep. I'd love to hear about that time you dreamed your hamster was a gerbil

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

that baby is huge!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Ansible Adams posted:

that baby is huge!

it’s mork’s kid

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

found a pair of jeans ive never worn in my closet
this poo poo's covered in zippers but none of them go anywhere
this is just cargo pants without the functionality

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the sacred jncos

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hbag posted:

design inspired by tetsuya nomura? kingdom hearts

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

grilling is neat and fun

i really need to get pavers in the backyard so i can grill and smoke to my heart's content

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

hbag posted:

Useless buckles and zippers are my loving *jam*

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cls: after 37 days or whatever, we finally have aircon

:toot:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

President Beep posted:

it’s mork’s kid

:jj:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

cls: after 37 days or whatever, we finally have aircon

:toot:

aaah, nice :)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im taking a break from kpop for my nightly walk and getting into like, idk what you'd call it. prog guitar nerd poo poo. but not Heavy Metal like loving dream theater or whatever.

porcupine tree, mastodon is good too, found a band called Riverside that's pretty neat and has a bunch of 13 minute songs

its nice to amble around and hit the pen while somebody noodles on a delay pedal in my earholes

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Jonny 290 posted:

im taking a break from kpop for my nightly walk and getting into like, idk what you'd call it. prog guitar nerd poo poo. but not Heavy Metal like loving dream theater or whatever.

porcupine tree, mastodon is good too, found a band called Riverside that's pretty neat and has a bunch of 13 minute songs

its nice to amble around and hit the pen while somebody noodles on a delay pedal in my earholes

that sounds nice

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
nothing helps your pr like the company public relations / twitter dude linking it directly to someone complaining about a missing feature because the pr implements the feature, right?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

modern prog rock owns. I'm not a fan of modern prog metal because I think eight string guitars are an abomination and exist solely to make your bass player feel bad about themself

other good modern bands with prog bents: Coheed and Cambria (varies over their discography from prog + emo to prog + pop rock to prog + hard rock), Crown Lands (like Rush, but only two musicians instead of three), Haken (earlier stuff is more 70s prog influenced though their most recent album gets into that godawful eight string bullshit)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hell yeah. to soulseek i go

(yes i still use it lmao)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i cant think of any prog metal bands to rec :(

its the one genre i dont really listen too. like obviously there's later day Opeth which is just straight up King Crimson worship

but thats about it

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I still unironicially dig old Queensryche and Dream Theater but yeah that and the heavier stuff that Coheed and Cambria does is about as far into the prog metal rabbit hole as I go

prog metal shouldn't have gotten into the djent wars to compete with technical death metal imo. absolutely ruined the genre.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

have you guys seen Thundercat?

his bass skills are very proggy - but his music is more chill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhVgbZdMdb0

"He has the lyrics of a 5th grade love letter. Bass skills of a transformer."

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

there was a summer after a secondary school breakup where shesmovedon was the only song in my headphones

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

have you guys seen Thundercat?

his bass skills are very proggy - but his music is more chill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhVgbZdMdb0

"He has the lyrics of a 5th grade love letter. Bass skills of a transformer."

this reminds me of Animals as Leaders but gentler

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

animals as leaders is so complex my brain just melts - i cant listen to it without getting lost

E: this is my cats new thing to do now - she never bothered coming up here in all the years ive owned her

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Jonny 290 posted:

Another rec for this: The Dear Hunter. The main album series is a bunch of acts in a story. Act I is EP length and is a good place to dip your toes in to see if you're curious enough for the rest of them.

He has some non-Acts albums which are pretty different but still good in their own way.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
It's very prog but not prog metal I guess? I got into it around the same time I was super obsessed with Coheed, but I kinda feel like I grew out of Coheed where TDH has endured as one of my favorite bands.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kazinsal posted:

modern prog rock owns. I'm not a fan of modern prog metal because I think eight string guitars are an abomination and exist solely to make your bass player feel bad about themself

your bass player is supposed to feel bad about theyself. the bass is a cursèd instrument, played only by the damned

cls: man, i used to be able to sing along with "laid", but i can't get up to that high note any more :smith:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

just look at this sweet baby

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
good guitar tunes make me want to plug in the tele and just noodle all afternoon

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

hell yeah. to soulseek i go

(yes i still use it lmao)

i used to use soulseek before i got on private trackers and usenet

still use it sometimes if im filling a request on em

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:geezer:

:rotor:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ok i was looking for the old man emoji for a project and instead posted my post

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

:corsair:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

oh here’s the new mcds thing

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Jonny 290 posted:

hell yeah. check out elder, they should be up your alley. i'd recommend their last two album, omens, and especially reflections of a floating world.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

c cat s: pineapple 🍍

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Vintersorg posted:

oh here’s the new mcds thing

"better together" was the anti-brexit slogan

worked great

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I love that cats eyes!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

prefect posted:

your bass player is supposed to feel bad about theyself. the bass is a cursèd instrument, played only by the damned

what do you call a bass player whose partner broke up with them?

homeless :roflolmao: