Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

I bought the vacuum

SUCK EM

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!
I was getting the hard seltzer in WA for $17/24 but it's $26/24 in OH. Just going back to a slightly better tasting name brand for that price.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

BeAuMaN posted:

Is combo pizza back yet? That might be the one way to get onions on your Costco Hotdog without bringing your own.
I don't know what combo pizza is but I am imagining a pizza slice topped with Combos® and my dick is diamonds

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You got it, strange that they used the buffalo blue cheese ones and not the pizza ones

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I refuse to believe that is actually what it is

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

And yet I think only about half the people I see tap.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

My card doesn't work for tap to pay.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

phosdex posted:

My card doesn't work for tap to pay.

Boo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wouldn't be a problem if you had the Costco Anywhere Visa

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

bagmonkey posted:

I'm working on bullying my S/O into letting me drop the money a proper vacuum, aka the Miele that Costco sells.

i wish you good luck. the costco miele looks very similar to the one i have and mine is a glorious beast that will last forever

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Gaius Marius posted:

Wouldn't be a problem if you had the Costco Anywhere Visa
But I don't like Citi :colbert:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Tap charges like credit idk why

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I'd like Costco just a little more if they took Visa. And by that I mean "spend more instead of tapping into savings all the time".

Canadian here, no idea what it's like in the US.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Justin Godscock posted:

I'd like Costco just a little more if they took Visa. And by that I mean "spend more instead of tapping into savings all the time".

Canadian here, no idea what it's like in the US.

I have good and bad news. Costco accepts Visa here.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

El Jebus posted:

I have good and bad news. Costco accepts Visa here.

brb ordering a duffel bag on Amazon, don't ask.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Tap charges like credit idk why

if you mean charges by credit that it uses the visa debit network yes it does, it doesn't actually process a transaction on credit, and it should be that way everywhere really hate inputting a pin on a disgusting pinpad

as for the poster saying they don't have a tap to pay card, you can use google/apple/fitbit/samsung/whatever pay

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Celexi posted:

if you mean charges by credit that it uses the visa debit network yes it does, it doesn't actually process a transaction on credit, and it should be that way everywhere really hate inputting a pin on a disgusting pinpad

as for the poster saying they don't have a tap to pay card, you can use google/apple/fitbit/samsung/whatever pay

I have no idea why but on a few (very few) tap to pay kiosks when I use Apple Pay it still makes me put in my PIN number. It’s fuckin weird and annoying.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

MarcusSA posted:

I have no idea why but on a few (very few) tap to pay kiosks when I use Apple Pay it still makes me put in my PIN number. It’s fuckin weird and annoying.

its because they force it through the US debit instead of visa/mastercard debit, and the US debit network is not setup to trust a mobile phone as authentication cvm.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

drat 10 pep pizza is good. costco i love ya

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Wait, y’all’s churches take Apple Pay? This slightly annoys me, mine doesn’t and it is mildly inconvenient. Boooooo.

A wild Costco appears in the r/relationships thread!

quote:

My (23m) girlfriend (26f) got into confrontation at Costco. I left the store to not escalate the situation. She's accusing me of "running away" when she needed me.

quote:
Two days ago my girlfriend and I went to Costco. A guy blatantly cut in front of us in the check out line that we had been already been waiting in for almost 20 minutes. My girlfriend spoke up and told him that we were already waiting and the end of the line was way back there.

He said we didn’t move our cart forward fast enough and that meant we had “left the door open” for him to jump in. She said that was crap and to move his stuff (he had two huge carts literally filled to the brim). He said what are you going to do about b!tvh.

I didn’t want to escalate the situation so I basically just walked away and out of the store. I felt it was so much better because you just done know what people are going to do these days.

I figured my girlfriend would leave as well but I waited in the car for a good 30 minutes before I heard anything. Finally she came out with all our stuff. I asked her how it went. She said (paraphrase) “not only are you a loving coward, literally everyone in that line laughed at you about how you left me high and dry.” I tried to explain to her about not wanting to escalate and she said that no partner in the world, let alone woman wants there partner to turn tail and run. I tried to explain to her again my thought process and she said if I said one more word she was breaking up with me.

I dropped her off at her house with her stuff and I haven’t heard one word from her despite texting and calling her a few times.

What is going on here? What can I do about this? How do I make her understand my point?

Happy ending: she dumped him. Didn’t even think to talk to staff, just fully booked it out of there smdh

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

How can you type all that out without realizing you're the dipshit?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

How can you type all that out without realizing you're the dipshit?

Right? And how can you be a Costco member without realizing that the staff are fully empowered within the corporate culture and could kick that guy out for you? OP’s membership should be revoked just for his lack of faith in the church imo

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
He should have bashed that guy's head in with a serrano ham

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Wait, y’all’s churches take Apple Pay? This slightly annoys me, mine doesn’t and it is mildly inconvenient. Boooooo.

A wild Costco appears in the r/relationships thread!

Happy ending: she dumped him. Didn’t even think to talk to staff, just fully booked it out of there smdh

jesus christ how do people like this function out in the wild?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

KakerMix posted:

jesus christ how do people like this function out in the wild?

As evidenced by the story, poorly.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Bibliotechno Music posted:

OP’s membership should be revoked just for his lack of faith in the church imo
You're right, revoke his membership. He can start a gofundme to get a Sam's Club membership where he can use the app that lets him scan & go with the app. He is clearly too timid to enjoy the splendor of Rotisserie Chicken, and obviously too weak to survive the wait for the return of Chopped Onions. Cast him out and let this pitiful excuse of a petitioner practice foul sorcery at Walt's tower.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i wish you good luck. the costco miele looks very similar to the one i have and mine is a glorious beast that will last forever

I'm currently limping along with a 15 year old Kenmore-branded Panasonic canister vac and that thing is a loving tank. I want another canister because I know it'll last for FOREVER, but "stick vacuums are soooooo much more convenient!". Which means I'll just get the Miele once the novelty wears off for my S/O!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

miele makes stick vaccums but of course the cheapest one is like $500 lol

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I was hesitant to switch to a battery stick vacuum after using a canister for years but man it is great. I vacuum so much more often because it's so convenient to just grab it and go. I got a Tineco from a prime deal because all the top brands are so pricey.

As for Costco I finally took advantage of their return policy when we discovered we loved our air fryer so much that the 6q just wasn't going to cut it. I gotta admit I felt a little silly walking in with just my appliance that I had used for a month and a half, no box no paperwork or anything. However it was no problem. PBUC

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
I miss waiting behind the ladies who would crank the onion dispenser into a water cup to take home a cuppa onions.

My Costco had samples which felt so bizarre. But they were all prepackaged in bags that they told you to not eat in store. It was shocking to watch people walk right by samples, COVID conditioned to not even bat an eye.

Rufio posted:

As for Costco I finally took advantage of their return policy when we discovered we loved our air fryer so much that the 6q just wasn't going to cut it.

The nonstick coating on my Costco Air Fryer is peeling. I was tempted to bring it back, but it's been 6 months and I'm chalking it up to overuse. Maybe I can contact the manufacturer first...

Geodude fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 17, 2021

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Rufio posted:

I was hesitant to switch to a battery stick vacuum after using a canister for years but man it is great. I vacuum so much more often because it's so convenient to just grab it and go. I got a Tineco from a prime deal because all the top brands are so pricey.

The LG Cord Zero that Costco puts on sale once in a while is great. Comes with two REPLACEABLE batteries, unlike the Dysons which are sealed.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

FCKGW posted:

The LG Cord Zero that Costco puts on sale once in a while is great. Comes with two REPLACEABLE batteries, unlike the Dysons which are sealed.

This is what sealed the deal for me with the LG vs a Dyson. Replaceable batteries are the poo poo, anything other than replaceable batteries is just hostile to the environment AND owner

Any suggestions on poo poo to pick up that's on the flyer for this month? Going tomorrow after I go hang with my grandma

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Those bulgogi mandu are on sale if you're into that.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Did the battery change on the newer Dysons? I've got an Animal v6 or v7 can't remember, and I've replaced the battery on that with no trouble.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Geodude posted:

The nonstick coating on my Costco Air Fryer is peeling. I was tempted to bring it back, but it's been 6 months and I'm chalking it up to overuse. Maybe I can contact the manufacturer first...

I avoid the issue entirely by laying down some nice Costco parchment paper underneath the rack, mostly to make cleanup easier

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

FCKGW posted:

Echoing the other poster, just to be clear. I think there was one model a while ago that you had to remove a screw or two to replace the battery… all newer versions just clip in to replace them. We have a Dyson cordless and love it. I wouldn’t have bought one you couldn’t replace the battery on.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

pnumoman posted:

I avoid the issue entirely by laying down some nice Costco parchment paper underneath the rack, mostly to make cleanup easier
I bought more parchment paper last time I was at Costco thinking I was running out of it. Got home and found another 2-pack of it hidden in the pantry. Two hours later my husband came home with another pack of them because he didn't know I went to Costco. My Mom brought me more in a house warming gift today. I'm not good at math so I'll say that's at least 2 million sq ft of it. They will be able to bury me wrapped in the parchment paper I already have in my pantry.

Everyone is getting gifts wrapped in baking paper for a few years. PBUC.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

fizzymercury posted:

I bought more parchment paper last time I was at Costco thinking I was running out of it. Got home and found another 2-pack of it hidden in the pantry. Two hours later my husband came home with another pack of them because he didn't know I went to Costco. My Mom brought me more in a house warming gift today. I'm not good at math so I'll say that's at least 2 million sq ft of it. They will be able to bury me wrapped in the parchment paper I already have in my pantry.

Everyone is getting gifts wrapped in baking paper for a few years. PBUC.

That's amazing. I bought aluminum foil the same way but I sure didn't get tripled up.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

It's back! PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NewFatMike posted:

It's back! PBUC

Anyone know where this is made and which Gin it’s closest to? It reads like it’s close to a Hendricks.