Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

i got the motorcycle early enough that i rode it a lot. i was prepared to be annoyed that it needs fuel but if you put in like an apple it lasts for hours.

this could've been our reality if the CIA didn't murder the water fueled car guy *vaxx nanomachines kick in* in Minecraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I think apart from the CDI games the only Zelda's I haven't played are spirit tracks and oracle of ages.
It's always the series that gets me to buy the next Nintendo console.

Links Awakening blew my mind when I got it, which was in a trade with a friend who wanted my copy of Nigel Mansell's Grand Prix.
I went back to it a couple of years back on GBC and still love it.

Top 3 is probably Ocarina, Majora and Links Awakening number one.

Currently having issues with the Twinmold fight in 3ds Majora's mask. I like some of the changes so far, this fight just seems way harder.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I only played spirit tracks once it hit the Wii u virtual console and had a save state, which, if you're going to play it, is how I'd recommend doing it.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

its called gameplay and it freaking rules

Bicyclops posted:

shigeru Miyamoto: I want there to be something interesting up all of these trees. I'm climbing every one to be sure.

Todd Howard: just set the rest of the main quests to a radiant objective in that one car factory with raiders.

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

link's awakening owns

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Meloncholric posted:

link's awakening owns

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
i played gbc links awakening so much as a kid that the cart's battery or whatever died out and it wouldnt save my saves anymore. since i played it so much tho i would just beat it in 3-4 hours sittings instead.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Meloncholric posted:

link's awakening owns

i just recommended it to someone like an hour ago b/c this is the truth

Muscle Wizard posted:

i played gbc links awakening so much as a kid that the cart's battery or whatever died out and it wouldnt save my saves anymore. since i played it so much tho i would just beat it in 3-4 hours sittings instead.

good work, gamer

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Muscle Wizard posted:

the gameboy equivalent of getting to a kill screen. congrats

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Almost to 3rd temple in skyward sword and hell I’m lovin it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

Almost to 3rd temple in skyward sword and hell I’m lovin it

How're the motion controls on the switch?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I’ve only used pro controller and I have 0 complaints

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
kilton, my dude, you’re killing me w/ these prices. 4,000 mon for the vanity dark suit?! Come on.

i mean, i’m still gonna get it but yeesh…

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is there any other serious uses for monster parts aside from selling to Kilton? I guess I sell a bunch for rupees at the beginning of the game...

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Is there any other serious uses for monster parts aside from selling to Kilton? I guess I sell a bunch for rupees at the beginning of the game...

The rare ones can be used to make elixirs that last up to half an hour, and they can be used as dye ingredients. Chu jellies can be used as a source of unnecessary elemental effects, and octo balloons are a physics toy.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

also armor upgrades!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Muscle Tracer posted:

also armor upgrades!

This is my big thing, yeah.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
Yeah I mostly sold off a bunch before realizing I needed em for armor upgrades. Queue up two hours of hunting for different keese wings. Red lizard tails is next to finish out the snowquil set

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I’ve got two of the three ancient armor pieces. Gonna upgrade the bejesus out of them when the set is complete.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

extremebuff posted:

even though wind waker has this cartoony style it has the scariest poo poo in any zelda game in it. the cyclones, the redeads, abruptly being pulled into a fight with a 10 story tall Squid monster out in the sea, it all absolutely terrified me as a kid.

i had to take big breaks from it to mentally prepare myself lol. getting the bow and taking over the cyclones for yourself, after they terrorized you for the first half of the game, is a huge triumphant moment. you've got the mastersword, the cyclones are yours, and you're off to forsaken fortress to kick some rear end. some incredible gaming

these guys hosed my poo poo up

great game. one of the best

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just did all the master trials for the first time. Last time I only did the first one because I thought the prize wasn’t that good for how hard it was. It still isn’t a good prize but it felt good to do the extended challenges. There should be more stuff like this in the overworld of the next game because scrounging ftw.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Wonder if anything from a botw save will carry over to a new game in botw 2. Might be neat if so. Idk.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I bounced off of og Skyward Sword harder than any other Zelda, but I am really enjoying myself with the HD remaster on Switch. Just finished the desert area, and it's a lot of fun.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

One thing I dont like about Hyrule castle is that there is such epic confrontational music/atmosphere but the game directs you there to do poo poo like find cookbooks. No, I'm not here to fight Ganon, fulfill my destiny and save the caked up princess, I am here to get some 100 year old clothes to show some guy I met at the horse stables.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

BotW 2 needs a fishing minigame like OoT's imo

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress fishing. The last thing I want when I'm looking for materials is having to play a dumbass minigame. Throw a bomb in the water and move on

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i'm down for some comfy fishing

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

gently caress fishing. The last thing I want when I'm looking for materials is having to play a dumbass minigame. Throw a bomb in the water and move on

gently caress you!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i just want the dang old hookshot.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You should be able to do both or either

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

President Beep posted:

i just want the dang old hookshot.

when i was a little kid i imagined how cool it would be to have a hookshot irl

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

You should be able to do both or either

I think its fine in other kinds of zelda games, but I can see why they dont have it in botw. Its rdr2 busywork poo poo.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

If it was done right I guess i could see it being a fun minigame. Miss me with that poo poo if it’s gonna be like it was in OoT though.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think its fine in other kinds of zelda games, but I can see why they dont have it in botw. Its rdr2 busywork poo poo.

i think both could work if they kept one as the quick and easy to get fish and the other as a minigame where you catch increasingly larger fish to show off to your zora pals without destroying their natural habitats in the process lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Or just add a fishing game as an optional way of catching fish, alongside your other tools. Then players can decide if they want to use a fishing rod, or if they want to use their hook shot, or a sharpened stick, or whatever else they have. Minigames become a problem when they become mandatory.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

boom. Right there.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Or just add a fishing game as an optional way of catching fish, alongside your other tools. Then players can decide if they want to use a fishing rod, or if they want to use their hook shot, or a sharpened stick, or whatever else they have. Minigames become a problem when they become mandatory.

yep. This.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

in botw i always used a shock arrow to fish instead of bombs. probably becaues i didn't think of using bombs but shock arrows were more badass and expensive.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I like fishing minigames, but it would be so out of place in botw lol. Like what tools do you even have that are like fishing rods, aside from the runes (which were made to help you figght/get ready for Ganon) and the weapons you pick up. Just loling at getting into a whole dumb fishing sidequest and upgrading otherwise useless rods so you can get 100 rupees from thimble dick the stable hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

botw fishing only it’s with bill dance and he accidentally electrocutes himself and falls out of his boat into the river of the dead