Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Robobot posted:

One of my friends made me chili with carrots in it once. It was OK.

They made stew actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
All chili is stew.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
One time a former college roommate of mine decided to make chili in a crock pot while he was away at class. There were several things working against his success in this endeavor:

- he either loathed or was allergic to tomatoes, and decided with moon logic that hot dog slices would be a reasonable substitution

- he could not find the lid to the crock pot, so he let it run for eight hours exposed to the open air

- no one was around in the apartment to call shenanigans

- he was a utilikilt-wearing home schooled kid who missed many formative opportunities to have some sense knocked into him

He arrived home before anyone else and discovered to his horror that this had gone even worse than you imagine, and that the entire apartment reeked of burnt slop. You or I might attempt to dispose of the evidence in a dumpster, furiously scrub out the pot, and open windows to dispel the stench. But then, you were not him.

He dumped the wasted chili in a pile on the front lawn, then ran some water (with no soap!) into the crockpot and let it sit in the sink. When his roommates got home they had many questions:

“What’s up with the big pile of crap on the grass?” “Oh, this big dog came up and barfed everywhere. It was so nasty.” “Really? Did they puke into the crockpot, too? Because it looks the same. And why does the whole house smell like a fire at a lovely barbecue restaurant?”

He didn’t do it again… but the rest of his story is worse. And for a different thread.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I was ok with the Brazilian amalgam of corn and other foods, but the straight up corn bag is too much for this fella.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Hasturtium posted:

One time a former college roommate of mine decided to make chili in a crock pot while he was away at class. There were several things working against his success in this endeavor:

- he either loathed or was allergic to tomatoes, and decided with moon logic that hot dog slices would be a reasonable substitution

- he could not find the lid to the crock pot, so he let it run for eight hours exposed to the open air

- no one was around in the apartment to call shenanigans

- he was a utilikilt-wearing home schooled kid who missed many formative opportunities to have some sense knocked into him

He arrived home before anyone else and discovered to his horror that this had gone even worse than you imagine, and that the entire apartment reeked of burnt slop. You or I might attempt to dispose of the evidence in a dumpster, furiously scrub out the pot, and open windows to dispel the stench. But then, you were not him.

He dumped the wasted chili in a pile on the front lawn, then ran some water (with no soap!) into the crockpot and let it sit in the sink. When his roommates got home they had many questions:

“What’s up with the big pile of crap on the grass?” “Oh, this big dog came up and barfed everywhere. It was so nasty.” “Really? Did they puke into the crockpot, too? Because it looks the same. And why does the whole house smell like a fire at a lovely barbecue restaurant?”

He didn’t do it again… but the rest of his story is worse. And for a different thread.

the grover energies emanating from this person are incredible.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Robobot posted:

All chili is stew.

Chili is a stew partially defined by its absence of certain things, one of those things being carrots

edit: you loving rear end in a top hat

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 18, 2021

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Devils Affricate posted:

Chili is a stew partially defined by its absence of certain things, one of those things being carrots

edit: you loving rear end in a top hat

I can see having carrots in chili since they are bean-like if cut to size and cooked. And I am for chili with or without beans.

Having written that, chili is not a hotdog or a hamburger, to my knowledge.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

I can see having carrots in chili since they are bean-like if cut to size and cooked. And I am for chili with or without beans.

Having written that, chili is not a hotdog or a hamburger, to my knowledge.

let's slide right back on track here with some... chili?

or a "deconstructed chili slaw dog" to bring us together with the SLAWD thread:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Haha nice turd

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Those are some good looking sandwiches :smuggo:

I mean, the deconstructed dawg looks dumb as hell, but would absolutely crush that thing

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Those are some good looking sandwiches :smuggo:

I mean, the deconstructed dawg looks dumb as hell, but would absolutely crush that thing

there's more condiments than dog there. hell if i'm being honest, it could use a fistful of loose corn.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

knuthgrush posted:

there's more condiments than dog there. hell if i'm being honest, it could use a fistful of loose corn.

Corn - piled high

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Has anyone posted a picture of a bad coney dog? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in the wild.

If you try to suggest that a chili dog is the same thing, specifically that chili and coney sauce are the same thing, you can burn in hell.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I’m here to gently caress the corn

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

I’m here to gently caress the corn

Buddy….

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
southern boys make due

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

bagual posted:

i was replying to a guy who didn't get sweet corn ice cream, who knows what he knows, more of an awkward explanation than implying you all eat feedstock, also thank you for your service lol

pennywise you wrong, everyone knows corn is one of the main ingredients in a hot dog or a burger, always goes along with peas of course

edit:

the cornburger

I know it's an over-used pun
But I am Ralph.
And I am hammering "NO" on the dial.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I often eat a bowl of peas smothered in yellow mustard

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I think I'm starting to second guess myself: is there a difference between 'franks and beans' and a dawg suffocating under mounds of peas/corn?

I love the combo of baked beans and sausages (frankfurters/hot dogs) so can I really judge these Brazilian dishes because of this?

I think so, yes.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwY2IlEBNPg

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Brazilians apparently buy everything in instalments which is weird but doesn't really provide any insight as to why the food is so strange and terrible

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Brazilians apparently buy everything in instalments which is weird but doesn't really provide any insight as to why the food is so strange and terrible

thank you for your service

Why so serious?

Joker Burger

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

is that blue thing cheese or some kind of condiment? looks like a skating rink/bowling alley kinda burger.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

knuthgrush posted:

is that blue thing cheese or some kind of condiment? looks like a skating rink/bowling alley kinda burger.

translation: Brazil

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
some day im going to go down to Brazil and eat weird rear end burgs and pizza and maybe even find a future ex wife to disappoint :q:

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Aardvark! posted:

some day im going to go down to Brazil and eat weird rear end burgs and pizza and maybe even find a future ex wife to disappoint :q:

having made this same journey (well, ex-fiance), i fully support your endeavors. i know they look crazy but i love me some .br burgs.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Aardvark! posted:

I am totally ok with these burgs - they have recognizable ingredients with colors found in nature and they are not hidden in a pile of corn

I was tempted to make a NSFW joke about the mirrored image tho

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

May the road rise up to meet you
And the wind be always at your back

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
isn't that just a way of saying 'may you fall down and fart?'

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mozi posted:

That's the technique I'm going to be employing to lure in The Ladies

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mozi posted:

Sounds like the standard experience after consuming a fully loaded dogăo

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

simple really, you get a couple of good things and combine them

banana + burger

quail eggs + raisins + parmesan + hot dog

chicken hearts + burger

skittles + churros + hot dog

it's a wild land where anything can come true with a healthy national custom of completely disrespecting foreign cuisine

we're never gonna stop :smugdog:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

bagual posted:

it's a wild land where anything can come true with a healthy national custom of completely disrespecting foreign cuisine

we're never gonna stop :smugdog:

whatever man, you're the one who has to eat that poo poo :smuggo:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

bagual posted:

simple really, you get a couple of good things and combine them

banana + burger

quail eggs + raisins + parmesan + hot dog

chicken hearts + burger

skittles + churros + hot dog

They've gone mad with power! SOMEONE HAS TO STOP THEM

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Hold up, is that just skittles, chocolate, churro or is there an actual meat sausage of some kind under that and if so gently caress you

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
and is that just granulated white sugar on top of it lmao

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

I would destroy this. Shamefully shoving it in my fat gourd.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
without a doubt, in the food wars, Brazil and South Korea will form a powerful Axis of Evil

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

whatever man, you're the one who has to eat that poo poo :smuggo:

you see that's why we have to teach you barbarous first world folks the culinary arts, such narrow-minded sense of taste :colbert:

really tho just order it however you like and you'll get it, that's how we got such modern wonders in the first place, there's a place for everyone here, even you

Hold up, is that just skittles, chocolate, churro or is there an actual meat sausage of some kind under that and if so gently caress you

u know it in ur heart no meat ofc, very refined

Code Jockey posted:

and is that just granulated white sugar on top of it lmao

powdered milk actually, goes great with the nutella and the dash of condensed milk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993