Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Woozie66 posted:

Heres the actual thing, it wasn't a static pose. Decent windup.

https://twitter.com/fsouzaxd/status/1423853975615459331?s=19

Yeah they got him at an awkward angle in the photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I just DBZ: Kakarot since it was on sale on Steam, is it better to play on keyboard or controller?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

pik_d posted:

I just DBZ: Kakarot since it was on sale on Steam, is it better to play on keyboard or controller?

I never played it on PC, but I'd say controller. It's a 3D action game with 3D freeroam. I can't imagine that being good on keyboard and mouse. But, since I never played that way, I could be wrong.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Covok posted:

I never played it on PC, but I'd say controller. It's a 3D action game with 3D freeroam. I can't imagine that being good on keyboard and mouse. But, since I never played that way, I could be wrong.

I just did a search to see if other people asked this question, and it turns out one person went so far as to question to existence of keyboards in the nation of Japan because the keybinds were so awful.

This that settles it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

pik_d posted:

I just did a search to see if other people asked this question, and it turns out one person went so far as to question to existence of keyboards in the nation of Japan because the keybinds were so awful.

This that settles it.

I believe Star Craft proves keyboards exist in Japan. This just sounds like incompetence.

I know you weren't claiming that, but I am responding to the people who were saying that online. It was likely a joke to them too but gently caress it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Covok posted:

I believe Star Craft proves keyboards exist in Japan. This just sounds like incompetence.

I know you weren't claiming that, but I am responding to the people who were saying that online. It was likely a joke to them too but gently caress it.

...what does Starcraft have to do with Japan?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kanos posted:

...what does Starcraft have to do with Japan?

Oh, you're right: that's South Korea.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

Oh, you're right: that's South Korea.

cant believe you revealed youre a time traveller from the 1930s

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Woozie66 posted:

Heres the actual thing, it wasn't a static pose. Decent windup.

https://twitter.com/fsouzaxd/status/1423853975615459331?s=19

Imagine if he fell in tho.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Szmitten posted:

Imagine if he fell in tho.

And then the flying nimbus catches him.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

pik_d posted:

This that settles it.

I remember this was the other way around with Recettear back in the day, as the game uses a keyboard control scheme that's common with what PC games Japan does make (mostly visual novels and possibly dungeon crawlers) but almost completely unheard of elsewhere outside of weebs, and has no ingame indication or tutorial, and the developers were genuinely surprised at Westerners having trouble with it.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I remember this was the other way around with Recettear back in the day, as the game uses a keyboard control scheme that's common with what PC games Japan does make (mostly visual novels and possibly dungeon crawlers) but almost completely unheard of elsewhere outside of weebs, and has no ingame indication or tutorial, and the developers were genuinely surprised at Westerners having trouble with it.

it was like, zxcv to move and confirm poo poo. utterly bizarre

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ramadu posted:

It was psychotic.

On the subject of Kakarot, i just started DLC 3 and I was pleasantly surprised that it's History of Trunks. I would have thought after the first two being Beerus and Golden Freiza DLC3 would have been Broly or Zamasu. Having a separate cast with a separate inventory was a cool choice.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

projecthalaxy posted:

It was psychotic.

On the subject of Kakarot, i just started DLC 3 and I was pleasantly surprised that it's History of Trunks. I would have thought after the first two being Beerus and Golden Freiza DLC3 would have been Broly or Zamasu. Having a separate cast with a separate inventory was a cool choice.

The game is Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, so I imagine they don't want to go into Super content. BoG and Resurrection "F" were Z movies, but anything afterwards would be Super.

That said it does have content from the Super manga which I never expected to see adapted, so who knows.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Blaze Dragon posted:

The game is Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, so I imagine they don't want to go into Super content. BoG and Resurrection "F" were Z movies, but anything afterwards would be Super.

That said it does have content from the Super manga which I never expected to see adapted, so who knows.

I always forget since they were released so close to Super and also adapted into Super that BoG and ResF didn't have the Super branding. They certainly feel, at least to me, much more Super than they do Z like idk the Janemba movie does.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Re: Dragonball at the Olympics

https://kotaku.com/olympic-athletes-sure-love-anime-1847450039

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i played kakarot m/kb and other than having to change a couple settings that didnt save, it was completely fine. they even included a setting to change the key prompts in tutorials and stuff

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ramadu posted:

It makes sense once you get into the mindset, kinda, but still. I suppose they hadn't got the memo that no one actually uses the arrow keys anymore.

Unrelated note: gotta love about DBS's worldbuilding that it turns out each universe has an Eastern style administrator deity, a destroyer god dressed like an Egyptian, and a Christian-esque style angel supervisor.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 11, 2021

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Chapter leaks are out. Aieeeeeee.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All I know is Twitter was yelling about the chapter

That's all I know. So I'm looking forward to it!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm actually hype for a Vegeta chapter for the first time ever, please no one spoil this :pray:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Want that Vegeta chapter

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Shinjobi posted:

All I know is Twitter was yelling about the chapter

That's all I know. So I'm looking forward to it!

Even Chris Sabat was yelling about it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I thought it was his job to yell about Dragonball Z though?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The only thing more Vegeta than yelling about something is hurling a bunch of small ineffectual ki blasts at something and being surprised when the enemy emerges from the dust cloud unscathed.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s pretty hosed that that’s a move in FighterZ that afaik does like, actual damage to the opponent.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TwoPair posted:

The only thing more Vegeta than yelling about something is hurling a bunch of small ineffectual ki blasts at something and being surprised when the enemy emerges from the dust cloud unscathed.

That is the famous Vegeta's Technique after all.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's here!

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dragon-ball-super-chapter-75/chapter/22961?action=read

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
wow I can't believe vegetas new power

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I still hate Vegeta's new look

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

lol it's actually called Ultra Ego

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Pictured: A man literally incapable of learning.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

egg tats posted:

wow I can't believe vegetas new power

The whole chapter is literally this
https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vegeta no selling the ol' trusty beam spam was a nice touch too, they really had some fun with this chapter

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QezS57OODKc

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Lmao Ultra Ego.

Chapter was hype. Really cool.
But I can already see this carrying on too long. Granola really didn’t need another power up.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

A transformation that turns "Ow! My hubris!" into "Yes! My hubris!" by powering you up for getting your rear end kicked is the most Vegeta thing I've ever seen.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Cabbit posted:

A transformation that turns "Ow! My hubris!" into "Yes! My hubris!" by powering you up for getting your rear end kicked is the most Vegeta thing I've ever seen.

It really is concentrated, distilled Vegeta. "Kakarot's power-up makes him perfect at never getting hit? gently caress that! I'll get hit all the loving time! Screw Kakarot!"

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Zenkais are back baby!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
some real good crazy eyes from Vegeta in this chapter