Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kanos posted:

It really is concentrated, distilled Vegeta. "Kakarot's power-up makes him perfect at never getting hit? gently caress that! I'll get hit all the loving time! Screw Kakarot!"

"I trained myself wrong, out of spite."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
getting some real Wimp Lo vibes from this chapter

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
There's no way Vegeta didn't have a raging erection during the middle of that fight.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

New Leaf posted:

There's no way Vegeta didn't have a raging erection during the middle of that fight.

Vegeta is just Fightman from the r/relationships thread.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Cabbit posted:

A transformation that turns "Ow! My hubris!" into "Yes! My hubris!" by powering you up for getting your rear end kicked is the most Vegeta thing I've ever seen.

Yeah, it's perfect for him. "gently caress, I'm gonna do it anyways, might as well get rewarded for it."

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I've been anime only for DB/Z/S up until now, but I just realized that the Shonen Jump monthly cost is really fuckin cheap.

I'm now going to read all of the Dragon Ball stuff probably.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
For the record Ultra Ego's Japanese name is ""Wagamama no Goku'i" or "The secret of the self-indulgent" to contrast with Ultra Instinct's "Migatte no Goku'i" or "the secret of the self-centered"

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Cabbit posted:

A transformation that turns "Ow! My hubris!" into "Yes! My hubris!" by powering you up for getting your rear end kicked is the most Vegeta thing I've ever seen.

Leave to my boy Vegeta to turn getting jobbed into his superpower.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SpazmasterX posted:

Leave to my boy Vegeta to turn getting jobbed into his superpower.

Whis: we trained him wrong, as a joke

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Blockhouse posted:

For the record Ultra Ego's Japanese name is ""Wagamama no Goku'i" or "The secret of the self-indulgent" to contrast with Ultra Instinct's "Migatte no Goku'i" or "the secret of the self-centered"

They should call it Wagamama no Vegeta'i instead, imo. It's more polite.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Randomly came across this on YouTube. Picture Vegeta's dialogue from this chapter in this voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oISqn135sE

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

New Leaf posted:

Randomly came across this on YouTube. Picture Vegeta's dialogue from this chapter in this voice:

good god I'm not sure I can imagine a less fitting voice for Vegeta

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

New Leaf posted:

:allears:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So is the implication that this is a Saiyan only thing or anyone who pushes this hard could have this kind of power? Like, it's cool and all but all these transformations are getting a little tedious.. Super Saiyan was a huge deal and incredibly exciting for everyone. This is what, the.. 9th or 10th transformation? Less exciting..

Give Piccolo or Gohan or Krillin something. Hell, let Tien have a breakthrough and come up with some 4-armed 3-eyed Zen Chakra form and finally be a contender. Poor guy has trained his entire life to be 6th best forever.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 19, 2021

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
If the Tournament of Power taught us one thing it's that Tien will never be respected again.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

New Leaf posted:

So is the implication that this is a Saiyan only thing or anyone who pushes this hard could have this kind of power? Like, it's cool and all but all these transformations are getting a little tedious.. Super Saiyan was a huge deal and incredibly exciting for everyone. This is what, the.. 9th or 10th transformation? Less exciting..

Super Saiyan stopped mattering during Z. This is nothing new, you may as well have fun with the wacky poo poo they come up with to justify the new hair colors.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If you still pay attention to Dragon Ball and don't care about Goku and Vegeta getting stronger forms with new hair then I don't know what you've been doing paying any attention to Super, a series that has been explicitly only about new forms with new hair.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New Leaf posted:

Give Piccolo or Gohan or Krillin something. Hell, let Tien have a breakthrough and come up with some 4-armed 3-eyed Zen Chakra form and finally be a contender. Poor guy has trained his entire life to be 6th best forever.

It's the same thing as Ultra Instinct, anyone who's awakened to God Ki and a specific mindset could achieve it, but both of those basically demand being trained by a high-ranking God and being exceptional in the first place. Theoretically Beerus and Whis could take, say, Krillin, and attempt to get it to work - but Krillin has the mindset of a normal person, and not an insane idiot who only cares about violence, so they probably would fail in both extremes.

I feel Piccolo could get close to Ultra Instinct though. I can see him leaving his ego behind, and he's already part-God. But I'm not sure if the world is ready for Piccolo Blanco.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

TheHan posted:

If the Tournament of Power taught us one thing it's that Tien will never be respected again.

Seriously. A lot of the random jobbers from the other universes who were created to show up in one fight and then disappear forever had better showings in the ToP than Tien did.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheHan posted:

I mean that's been true since Dragonball after he got befriended. Even loving Yamcha got a better showing before he got blown up in the Saiyan Saga.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Tien did alright in Resurrection F.

Also I finally got around to watching the new Broly movie and it is not only the best Dragonball movie since Dead Zone and World’s Strongest, it’s way better. It goes from being a good Dragonball movie to being an actual cool movie. I had thought Battle of Gods and Resurrection F looked more like decent quality episodes of a show, but Broly actually looked like a movie with a budget.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Bold thing to say since BOG is the best movie and the only I think can stand alone as it’s own movie

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I mean that's been true since Dragonball after he got befriended. Even loving Yamcha got a better showing before he got blown up in the Saiyan Saga.

Yeah, I think everyone forgets that Krillin and even Yamcha had way better showings than Tien and his suicide clown during that arc. Does everyone just mark out for the Tri Beam that much?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Bee posted:

Yeah, I think everyone forgets that Krillin and even Yamcha had way better showings than Tien and his suicide clown during that arc. Does everyone just mark out for the Tri Beam that much?

Essentially, yeah. People remember Krillin and Yamcha for their failings but Tenshinhan for his one cool moment, ignoring that he's genuinely sucked even more than the others outside of that one moment (which I won't deny was very cool). I imagine it's because Tenshinhan is treated as a serious fighter in the series proper, while Krillin and Yamcha aren't, and people forget what the series actually did with them.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Tien won the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament and showed the world a man can fly. He invented the volleyball fist. Put some respect on his name.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheHan posted:

Tien won the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament and showed the world a man can fly. He invented the volleyball fist. Put some respect on his name.

He is part of the coveted Beat Goku club

and never will the story forgive this

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Is Puar the first one to "beat" Goku by cutting off his tail? And then Jackie Chun is first in a proper fight.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That Car beat Goku and I am sick of people pretending he didn’t

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Essentially, yeah. People remember Krillin and Yamcha for their failings but Tenshinhan for his one cool moment, ignoring that he's genuinely sucked even more than the others outside of that one moment (which I won't deny was very cool). I imagine it's because Tenshinhan is treated as a serious fighter in the series proper, while Krillin and Yamcha aren't, and people forget what the series actually did with them.

Its this for the record

The Narrative treats Tien like he's on Piccolo's level. like he's this reliable medium hitter. Yamcha is effectively retired and Krillin is constantly made the butt of jokes and kicked around and treated as the underdog

Tien is just assumed by the narrative to be competent, without ever giving him anything to back it up. So he both does not get the focus that Krillin does, nor does he get the victories that Krillin does, but he also cannot ever do *anything meaningful* like Krillin does. He's in the worst spot you can possibly be, just a dude who is hanging around and taking up space

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

All the Z fighters should have followed Yamcha's example and used their powers to make it rich in the normal world.

Like Tien could combine his multi arm and multi form techniques to open up a restaurant or something.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Electric Phantasm posted:

Like Tien could combine his multi arm and multi form techniques to open up a restaurant or something.

World Volleyball Champion

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So what happens when Ultra Instinct fuses with Ultra Ego

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

There is no doubt in my mind we will eventually find out in a big budget film.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Nothing a little fusion dancing can't solve!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

ImpAtom posted:

Imagine your body automatically flinging itself into every punch thrown your way for the sake of pumping itself up.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
H- how is this possible!? Now matter what attack I use, every one strikes him directly in the balls!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

His body spins like a cat with buttered toast tied to its back.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Burkion posted:

Its this for the record

The Narrative treats Tien like he's on Piccolo's level. like he's this reliable medium hitter. Yamcha is effectively retired and Krillin is constantly made the butt of jokes and kicked around and treated as the underdog

Tien is just assumed by the narrative to be competent, without ever giving him anything to back it up. So he both does not get the focus that Krillin does, nor does he get the victories that Krillin does, but he also cannot ever do *anything meaningful* like Krillin does. He's in the worst spot you can possibly be, just a dude who is hanging around and taking up space

I was so mad in the ToP.

Krillin saved 18 from a ring out, then went on to knock two opponents out, then only got knocked out by a cheap shot from Frost, but Beerus craps on him and treats him like poo poo and everyone, including himself, mocks him for being a dumb failure. Then Tien has the godawful sniper episode where his strategy is "run across a field and hope he can't kill all of my multi-forms before I get there", he catches the sniper, then gets double ringed out by the sniper he had already beaten because he stopped to mock the guy instead of just winning - and Beerus praises him for being a cool dude and everyone is like "good job Tien, that was really smart!".

There's no justice!!!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Sindai posted:

H- how is this possible!? Now matter what attack I use, every one strikes him directly in the balls!

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Kanos posted:

I was so mad in the ToP.

Krillin saved 18 from a ring out, then went on to knock two opponents out, then only got knocked out by a cheap shot from Frost, but Beerus craps on him and treats him like poo poo and everyone, including himself, mocks him for being a dumb failure. Then Tien has the godawful sniper episode where his strategy is "run across a field and hope he can't kill all of my multi-forms before I get there", he catches the sniper, then gets double ringed out by the sniper he had already beaten because he stopped to mock the guy instead of just winning - and Beerus praises him for being a cool dude and everyone is like "good job Tien, that was really smart!".

There's no justice!!!

Tien got shown up by Master Roshi in his recruitment episode and savagely owned by Gohan before completely fumbling his focus episode in the tournament of power, and you wanna cap all that off with everyone calling him a bozo? Hasn't he suffered enough?