Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

NewFatMike posted:

It's back! PBUC

Yeah, but is it drinkable now? Somebody be the guinea pig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Having it in my negroni right now, and it's good!

I'll have a full trip report at some point with a few gin drinks and cocktails, but it'll be some weeks. Gotta travel for work.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

fizzymercury posted:

I bought more parchment paper last time I was at Costco thinking I was running out of it. Got home and found another 2-pack of it hidden in the pantry. Two hours later my husband came home with another pack of them because he didn't know I went to Costco. My Mom brought me more in a house warming gift today. I'm not good at math so I'll say that's at least 2 million sq ft of it. They will be able to bury me wrapped in the parchment paper I already have in my pantry.

Everyone is getting gifts wrapped in baking paper for a few years. PBUC.

lmao

I call it Ziplock bag syndrome in this household. I once went 2 years without buying ziplock bags because of this same scenario

Renegret fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 18, 2021

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
These 505 Hatch Chiles are insane. The ingredients are just chili and spices what witchcraft are they brewing up in their factory?

Also gotta say the only reason I've finally tried them is for some reason the Costco near me has never had them in stock and Sams Club is now carrying them.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I assume you can freeze the chile in containers to keep it longer?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
What do you mean? Does it go bad? It's in a sealed jar.

I'm assuming the one I opened is good in the fridge for the next few weeks like most salsas. I dont know for sure, i know the Bitchin sauce will grow mold in like a week or so.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

The LG Cord Zero that Costco puts on sale once in a while is great. Comes with two REPLACEABLE batteries, unlike the Dysons which are sealed.

My Dyson stick model couldn’t hold a charge after a year and I took it to a repair center and they gave me two spare ones for free. They’re replaceable with a screwdriver.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Chinatown posted:

I assume you can freeze the chile in containers to keep it longer?

I freeze half of it when I open a jar because some weeks I don’t really eat anything it goes well with. That said I did keep a half jar for over a month and it seemed fine, but the lack of preservatives makes that a bit risky.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

pentyne posted:

These 505 Hatch Chiles are insane. The ingredients are just chili and spices what witchcraft are they brewing up in their factory?

Also gotta say the only reason I've finally tried them is for some reason the Costco near me has never had them in stock and Sams Club is now carrying them.

I think the big difference if the chilis get roasted, if my green salsa is the same as yours.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

david_a posted:

I freeze half of it when I open a jar because some weeks I don’t really eat anything it goes well with. That said I did keep a half jar for over a month and it seemed fine, but the lack of preservatives makes that a bit risky.

Yeah, same here. Thanks!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Hed posted:

My Dyson stick model couldn’t hold a charge after a year and I took it to a repair center and they gave me two spare ones for free. They’re replaceable with a screwdriver.

I meant more of the benefit of hot swapping them if necessary

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

david_a posted:

it has salt and lime juice in it, and the bottle says it should last at least 3 weeks in the fridge after opening, so it isn't super weird that you went a month and it still seemed fine

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
505 works great as a condiment for some fried up tofu cubes. I was using pasta sauce but ironically I get worse acid reflux from mild tomato sauce then I do from the green chilies.

Costco has some great tofu options, usually at least the fridge required House Foods extra firm which is a delight. One time they had a new brand that was shelf stable because of how its packaged. Straight wizardry for that one.

edit: Found it, this brand. It's been sitting on the shelf for weeks and when I open it up it's a perfectly fine block of tofu.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 18, 2021

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

pentyne posted:

505 works great as a condiment for some fried up tofu cubes. I was using pasta sauce but ironically I get worse acid reflux from mild tomato sauce then I do from the green chilies.

Costco has some great tofu options, usually at least the fridge required House Foods extra firm which is a delight. One time they had a new brand that was shelf stable because of how its packaged. Straight wizardry for that one.

edit: Found it, this brand. It's been sitting on the shelf for weeks and when I open it up it's a perfectly fine block of tofu.

They had that tofu??? That’s my favorite, although maybe that’s just because the package is smaller than the refrigerated stuff.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Those bulgogi mandu are on sale if you're into that.

Fried up in a skillet they are so good. Microwaving does not work well though.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I bought the vacuum. And a bunch of other poo poo I probably didn't need, like an extra pair of sneakers and an Orvis flannel I missed last year. So far I'm really happy with the vacuum, it's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks Goons

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Justin Godscock posted:

I'd like Costco just a little more if they took Visa. And by that I mean "spend more instead of tapping into savings all the time".

Canadian here, no idea what it's like in the US.

fyi you can open a free pc money account and the debit card acts as a mastercard so you can use it at costco. plus it gives you a cent on the dollar back in pc points.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone else's Costco have crazy long gas lines 24/7? The gas prices are awesome but I have zero clue when would be an okay time to get gas there. It's usually 6+ cars deep in each lane

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

bagmonkey posted:

Does anyone else's Costco have crazy long gas lines 24/7? The gas prices are awesome but I have zero clue when would be an okay time to get gas there. It's usually 6+ cars deep in each lane

Always. The line moves reasonably fast though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I work there and have never gotten gas there. The lines are insane all the time except when it just opens. I'd rather spend extra dollars to not ever wait in a line

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

If you're up early the best time to go is right after the gas station opens, so like 7am. I've never seen a line there at that time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I prefer to go in the evenings. Usually pretty chill.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Anyone know where this is made and which Gin it’s closest to? It reads like it’s close to a Hendricks.
IIRC it's Tanqueray.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Jingleheimer posted:

If you're up early the best time to go is right after the gas station opens, so like 7am. I've never seen a line there at that time.

That's my plan, I think. The lines were like 6+ cars deep at 8:30 PM last night, so I'm betting it'd be way more empty early. I will say, there is one Costco in the metro Detroit area that NEVER has gas lines, but it's a hike for me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

bagmonkey posted:

yes

i usually only bother if im going to there to shop, and i'm about empty. the price difference between like arco or something is often like ~15-cent (sometimes it can be up to 25-cent but not often). which for filling up my typical 8gals is not that much but depends on your tank. often people, in tyool 2021, still dont realize those fuel lines are able to reach around to the opposite side of a car; so lotta people queue up for like one-side more than others letting you swoop around and use any one.

anyways they open the gas before the store so that's usually a good time to go.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I stopped going to the Costco gas because they're surprisingly not that competitive on pricing, only ~5 cents cheaper than the local grocery store gas station.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

bagmonkey posted:

The best times for me are after work, I drive right by a Costco on my commute. It's always usually 12/12 pumps in use but not much of a line, maybe 5-6 cars waiting, so you're just a rotation away.

Weekends are insane, not worth it. I waited once just because I was on E, maybe 20 minutes.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

bagmonkey posted:

I go on my way to work at 8am. I can usually pull right up to a pump. But yeah if I go at lunch or on the weekend it is a long wait.

FCKGW posted:

I stopped going to the Costco gas because they're surprisingly not that competitive on pricing, only ~5 cents cheaper than the local grocery store gas station.

Ours is almost always 20-25c cheaper than the nearby gas stations for Regular.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

You guys might want to consider getting EVs, it's like you fill up overnight at home.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Nfcknblvbl posted:

You guys might want to consider getting EVs, it's like you fill up overnight at home.

Kirkland brand EV?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

SamDabbers posted:

Kirkland brand EV?

I just recently got an email from Costco on a rebate for the Audi E-Tron.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Waitin for muh cybertruck

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Do they have a Honda Element EV yet? If not, I'm good thanks

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Waitin for muh cybertruck

I know a guy who is a total Muskovite and insists the Cybertruck is going to beat out the Ford F150 electric.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

I know a guy who is a total Muskovite and insists the Cybertruck is going to beat out the Ford F150 electric.

The electric F150 being able to be a battery pack for you house will sell tons. Plus they deal with the church around here. PBUC.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I just recently got an email from Costco on a rebate for the Audi E-Tron.
Where's my electric car Bruce Jelinek!?!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I got my EV through Costco's car program. :D

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

If your extra lucky your battery won't burn your house down. Why yes I do own a Chevy Bolt.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Got unbelievably pissed today. No giant block of kerrygold cheddar anywhere to be found on sameday groceries...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Jimlit posted:

Got unbelievably pissed today. No giant block of kerrygold cheddar anywhere to be found on sameday groceries...

Somethin is up with kerrygold I think because in Seattle I found some new zealand salted grassfed butter that kind of filled in for the kerrygold niche and price. Have not opened one yet tho as im still working through my last kerrygold stick.