Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

No clue if these are legit, but this is how my Amazon order came. I figured they are being careful with the 3M stuff since the scrutiny and lawsuits now, but if not guess I'll die. :shrug:

I ordered those exact things last year at this time and they came from amazon looking exactly the same (in bags like that). I think they look fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Anyway for that girl in the tiktok (from my home town god dammit) just look at this checklist for psychogenic tremor/conversion disorder and tick the loving boxes

quote:

Shaking with changing frequency, amplitude direction, and anatomic distribution

Movements disappear with distraction maneuver or pressing on a particular spot

Application of a tuning fork with a suggestion that vibration may increase or suppress the tremor

Non-patterned abnormal postures and spasms

Bizarre gait (astasia–abasia), knee-buckling gait, bouncing stance

Deliberate slowness (with “effort”) carrying out requested voluntary movement

Abnormal speech pattern (hesitant and slow, bursts of verbal gibberish; changing dialects and accents)

Facial grimacing, alternating facial contractions (may resemble hemifacial spasm)

Movements and postures incongruous with recognized disease patterns or with expected physiologic abnormalities

Manifesting exhaustion, excessive fatigue

Obvious psychiatric disturbances (depression, anxiety)

Multiple somatizations and undiagnosed conditions

La belle indifference

Delayed and excessive startle (bizarre movements in response to sudden, unexpected noise or threatening movement)

Presence of additional types of abnormal movements that are not known to be part of the primary or principal movement disorder pattern that the patient manifests

Convergence spasm and other dysconjugate oculomotor abnormalities

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Ok covid this is enough!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 390 days!

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1428353036754178069Rep. Chris Johansen (R-Monticello) was also present at the rally after losing his wife to COVID on August 10.
:stare:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Well death cult yeah

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He literally had it himself as well.
https://twitter.com/Crash_Barry/status/1418570962652565512

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
yeah if you paid any attention to what was happening in India you know what's gonna happen when hospital capacity gets overwhelmed like in FL and Mississippi

Spoiler: it isn't good, and it loving sucks to watch

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 390 days!
One Weird Trick to get rid of your wife

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

if someone needs medical treatment for covid, and they legit said they could get vaccinated but they refused, I think not treating them should be an option. Generally I would not feel this way, but it's causing all sorts of issues for vaccinated people who need treatments for things other than covid.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Whoolighams posted:

Is there literally any legal risk to taking the proper course of action and getting your third shot without waiting for the teacher's permission to save your life

my take is it's a EUA drug so it's effectively entirely experimental and by even taking the first dose you are accepting all of the risk and liability--you literally cannot sue pfizer or anyone if it hurts you. so since you're accepting 100% of the risk and there is zero harm done to anyone else... (assuming you aren't stealing the dose)... it seems like the spirit of the law is not being broken. i don't think that's a solid legal justification but i'm pretty sure a lawyer could destroy someone trying to argue "you are only allowed one dose" with just a simple "it's experimental, nothing can be mandated"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

covid gonna absolutely rip through the crazies in the state legislatures.

people like DeSantis and Abbott aren't crazy, they're just power hungry with absolutely 0 remorse for murdering their own citizenry. They're both vaccinated probably with boosters.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

actionjackson posted:

if someone needs medical treatment for covid, and they legit said they could get vaccinated but they refused, I think not treating them should be an option. Generally I would not feel this way, but it's causing all sorts of issues for vaccinated people who need treatments for things other than covid.

the whole "Qanon shooting hospitals thing" is probably when hospital capacity reaches nationwide breaking point and one triage methodology introduced is "are you vaccinated"

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Still thinking about the possibility of aggrieved family members lashing out at officials like in India

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

was going to post this

seems p cool

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Platystemon posted:

Oh yeah that reminds me.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1317259993633247232

1:06

Imagine being wronger in August of 2021 than Tucker Carlson was in March 2020z

lol was it the KGB or CIA handbooks that talked about how to destabilize a government or institution by constantly making decisions that contradict the last ones made... hmmm.....

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

she lists herself on iG as a "hashimoto's warrior" lmao

thats almost as weird as people with PCOS calling themselves "cysters"

Lol all the loving thousands of dollars being wasted by dumb rear end in a top hat doctors doing ekg and eeg on this fraud rear end in a top hat when all they need to do is consult psych and have them tell her she's faking everything for attention. Absolutely unreal how diffident doctors are, absolutely unable to nut up and tell a patient they are faking it. Would rather go through the motions and waste so much time, resources, and money testing testing testing.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

schnorkwife had to take her mom to the ER last night and put on the old respirator.

thankfully the ER was totally empty. It's still quiet here I guess.

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

skewetoo posted:

Still thinking about the possibility of aggrieved family members lashing out at officials like in India

There will definitely be ED shootings

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
some serious munchausen going on there, can an adult give another adult munchausen by proxy?

or it’s a lie

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 390 days!
Someone should put a snake in her room and tell her it's venomous

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Pretty excited that we're back to November levels and rising!

My co-worker had a low grade fever and now she has come in and is still coughing and saying she feels like crap. She supposedly got a negative test, but those are never wrong.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

and all the blue libs will cheer in celebration LMAO

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I hadn't heard from my mom in a couple weeks and it's because she decided that she'd be going on vacation to the Florida panhandle starting today and 1) knew how I'd react if she told me and 2) couldn't not tell me. So she waited until she was already there to do so. She brought her unvaccinated husband with her. My brother told me she lied to me about being vaccinated, too. lol. lmao.

:sever:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
LOL an ex housemate of mine made a post on social media asking if anyone living in my neighbourhood could do her a BIG favour. After some questioning it turns out a bar near my house which she likes is doing some kind of event tomorrow which includes selling some merch (a goddamn hat) and since we have a 5km travel limit because of the lockdown covid restrictions she's not allowed to go there herself so she wants someone who lives in the area to go and buy the stuff for her. A few people that live within the 5km travel zone have offered to help if they can but I'm pretty sure she's waiting for me to offer but there's no loving way I'm going to a crowded bar for loving merch during an outbreak

(Bars here are only open for takeaway food/booze and they're not letting people inside but this is a one day event so I'm sure there'd be a queue)

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby
https://twitter.com/Gothamist/status/1428146204806897668?s=20

lol literally every government official from the federal to the local level getting shown their asses by some mermaids

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

STAY HOME WHEN U R SICK

i don't care if it's covid or what the gently caress

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Surely there won't be consequences for allowing a vocal reactionary minority to publicly call for violence against political enemies completely unopposed. Definitely no relevant historical parallels.

Schnorkles posted:

people like DeSantis and Abbott aren't crazy, they're just power hungry with absolutely 0 remorse for murdering their own citizenry. They're both vaccinated probably with boosters.

IMO the large majority of conservative politicians don't believe what they're selling and are vaccinated to the gills, even at the state level. Guess the delta wave could be a real litmus test for true-believers.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

good morning

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1428353036754178069
Conservative lawmakers including Reps. Heidi Sampson (R-Alfred), Tracy Quint (R-Hodgdon), Laurel Libby (R-Auburn), Assistant House Republican Leader Joel Stetkis (R-Canaan) and Republican Sen. Lisa Kiem (Oxford) spoke at the event. In their remarks, they validated false and dangerous claims about vaccines, at times framing the public health initiative as a government experiment in violation of individual liberties. Rep. Chris Johansen (R-Monticello) was also present at the rally after losing his wife to COVID on August 10.

Libby, who was among those that led the failed 2020 people’s veto campaign opposing childhood vaccination in Maine, egged on the crowd Tuesday.

“What are you prepared to do to protect your kids and the generations to come?” Libby said. “Will we have the right to make our own medical decisions, or will the government? The stakes have never been higher. And to be clear: this is war.”

“When we win this war you can tell your kids and grandkids you fought for them,” Libby continued. “We must stand together. It will take every one of us.”

During her speech, Sampson claimed Mills’ mandate was a government ploy to illegally test “experimental” COVID vaccines on unwitting citizens. She described Mills as the “reincarnation” of Nazi doctor Josef Mengele, who performed deadly medical experiments on Jewish people in concentration camps during the Holocaust.

“Do I need to remind you of the late 1930s and into the 40s in Germany. And the experiments with Josef Mengele,” Sampson said. “What was it? A shot. And these were crimes against humanity. And what came out of that? The Nuremberg Code. The Nuremberg Trial. Informed consent is at the top and violating that is punishable by death.”

The Augusta protest follows other recent events where Maine lawmakers helped inflame anti-government sentiment while using their office to lend credence to vaccine misinformation and other conspiracy theories. Sampson was also a key sponsor of the recent anti-vaccine rally in Belfast. That gathering featured Dr. Christiane Northrup and Kevin Jenkins, who were recently named two of the twelve most influential spreaders of vaccine misinformation on social media by the Center for Countering Digital Hate. Holocaust denier and former CIA agent Robert David Steele also shared the stage with Sampson.

hmm maybe something should be done about this particular lunatic political party

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nocturtle posted:

Surely there won't be consequences for allowing a vocal reactionary minority to publicly call for violence against political enemies completely unopposed. Definitely no relevant historical parallels.

IMO the large majority of conservative politicians don't believe what they're selling and are vaccinated to the gills, even at the state level. Guess the delta wave could be a real litmus test for true-believers.

statehouses are filled to the brim with lunatics, its the ones who go farther who are probably just cynical and power hungry.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

post COVID posted:

the first delta outbreak in China was discovered in Guangzhou city in a 75 year old woman - i don't think the origin is publicly known. government intervention dropped the effective Rf fron ~9 to ~0.5 in 3 weeks with 167 cases detected.

i'm so fuckin jealous

yeah, it's gotta be that 73% of cases were spread before symptom onset that is supremely loving the US. for whatever reason delta is spreading much more asymptomatically and that's just a perfect recipe for over-confident, unmasked idiots with an insane work ethic to spread it everywhere. the only way to really stop this thing in the us is a forced pretty harsh lockdown that greatly reduces that asymptomatic spread with a big NPI hammer

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

*chuckles*

Every day feels like a week again

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Everyone should go on vacation to non hot spots before they get hot!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

remember when people had video of this happening in china and almost no one except this thread believed it, lol the good old days

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

inshallah

gregday
May 23, 2003

Rubby posted:

https://twitter.com/Gothamist/status/1428146204806897668?s=20

lol literally every government official from the federal to the local level getting shown their asses by some mermaids

how much more will we let them take from us

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Rubby posted:

Pretty good. how's yours?

i'm just waiting for us to find out all of the sperm whales have covid or some wild poo poo like that next

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

Premier DeSantis, my lungs yearn of freedom! Please, send the advanced monoclonal antibody technology!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Rubby posted:

Pretty good. how's yours?

got a good seal on that respirator