Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
NG Space Company:
The first few spheres are a pain but at least you get a decent amount of reset juice per time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Even just getting like 45 Dark Matter my second run has been insanely fast by comparison.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
The big problem with NG Space Company, that caused me to quit, is the grind after you're able to do Rebirth's fairly regularly (as in just a few hours). The game is way to active and takes way to much time to reach that point. Then you've got to do it over and over and over again. Getting 45-50 Dark Matter per rebirth is easy, going higher than that starts to take more time to get 5 more than it takes to reset and do another "quick" run. But a "quick" run is only quick if you're actively touching it every few minutes for an hour. And it's just not that enjoyable to interact with to make it worth it.

Then when you get to trying for an Enlightenment your first will take many times more than your first Dyson Sphere or you'll have to grind that Dark Matter like crazy till you've earned 500+ for all the upgrades you need. It'd be great if you could spend a few minutes once every hour or two or see appreciable gains on an overnight run but that doesn't happen because of the storage limits. Eventually you do reach a point where just leaving the game for several hours leaves an actual productive result, but that's literally at the last step before you Rebirth or Enlighten.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Still trucking through WAMI over here and enjoying it but detailed information on some of these features is either not out there, hard to find because it's probably in the discord somewhere, or really outdated on the wiki. There's something not nearly as satisfying as the interaction between all the different systems in this compared to how everything meshes in NGU. I'm making numbers go up and having a good time but NGU does almost all of this better imo and it's not even close.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
It definitely contains some of the more common old incremental annoyances. Needing a full stack to upgrade storage, not being able to turn things on/off individually, and scaling enough that you have to loose product to scale up to buying the next things. It’s definitely not an idle game, which would be great if there weren’t so much idle time while waiting to be able to afford playing.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Jhet posted:

It definitely contains some of the more common old incremental annoyances. Needing a full stack to upgrade storage, not being able to turn things on/off individually, and scaling enough that you have to loose product to scale up to buying the next things. It’s definitely not an idle game, which would be great if there weren’t so much idle time while waiting to be able to afford playing.

crime weed posted:

So, some dude decided to revamp Space Company's UI + start adding updates:

NG Space Company!
https://ngspacecompany.exileng.com/

It still suffers from Space Company's storage mechanic, so I highly recommend dumping this into the console whenever you idle:

code:
setInterval(() => {
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragemeteoriteS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragecarbonS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragemetalS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragegemS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragewoodS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragesiliconS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStorageuraniumS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragelavaS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragelunariteS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragemethaneS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragetitaniumS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragegoldS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragesilverS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragehydrogenS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStorageheliumS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStorageiceS1').click()
}, 3000)
(this automatically clicks all the storage upgrade buttons every 3 seconds. reload the page to turn it off)

also, if you'd like to auto-build dyson sphere stuff
code:
var btns = document.getElementsByClassName('btn')
setInterval(() => { btns[FIGURE OUT WHICH BUTTON HERE] }, 3000)
(the button doesnt have an ID as of this post, so you'll have to find it yourself sorry)

I've been using this chunk of code, slapped into the console for overnight to upgrade storage automatically. I also changed it slightly, as it didn't include meteorite and had metal twice. If you want to get tricky, you can make the Dyson Sphere segments, or (e.g.) the "build 100 and then launch a swarm" button work by using Inspect Element, finding the btn element, and adding 'id="Make_100_segments_and_launch"', then using the same setInterval code with the ID you just added:

code:
setInterval(() => { document.querySelector('#Make_100_segments_and_launch').click(), 3000)
This will continue to work until you reload the page; once it's reloaded, both the ID you added and the setInterval will no longer be there, so you'd have to re-add them for it to work again.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
I will say, as a very active player of NG Space Company, that I kind of feel like most of the big rush of it was getting to Enlightenment and after that it's just been a long period of repeating itself over and over again. You do get to keep a lot, though not all, of your Dark Matter upgrades in between Enlightens though, so make sure to grab all of the non "improve a tier" ones before Enlightening.

Enlightenments are starting to get close to taking a day with active play about 1/3 of the Resource Titans in and my expectation is they'll get even faster and that I probably could have done this more efficiently. So I suppose the most important point of this post is that if you made it to Enlightenment and don't mind continuing on, it does get better eventually like the Rebirths did. You're in it for a weeks-long haul though, unless I got this fundamentally wrong somewhere.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 15, 2021

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I just started playing NG Space Company despite the middling reviews because Synergism's endgame (midgame?) is a whole lot of nothing.

Boy is that storage mechanic some artificial game lengthening horseshit!

Ignoranus posted:

I've been using this chunk of code, slapped into the console for overnight to upgrade storage automatically.

The version you quoted was missing Oil, here's a more succinct version for the storages:
code:
setInterval(() => {
  Array.prototype.forEach.call(document.querySelectorAll('[id^=tpUpgradeStorage]'), function (button) {
    button.click();
  })
}, 3000)

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Sivart13 posted:

The version you quoted was missing Oil, here's a more succinct version for the storages:
code:
setInterval(() => {
  Array.prototype.forEach.call(document.querySelectorAll('[id^=tpUpgradeStorage]'), function (button) {
    button.click();
  })
}, 3000)

The game isn't literally unplayable without this, but holy hell is it poorly paced without it.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Good news!

The 2nd most expensive Ultrite/Enlighten upgrade, which is probably close to among the last things you will buy in the game, allows for the auto-upgrade of most, but not all resource storages. This, combined with the Dark Matter/Rebirth upgrade for x10 storage, is the game's intended answer to how you get around the storage problem.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 16, 2021

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Jossar posted:

is the game's intended answer to how you get around the storage problem
well i for sure intend not to wait for that

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Thirst Mutilator posted:

The game isn't literally unplayable without this, but holy hell is it poorly paced without it.

Yeah I think I'm going to leave that on overnight at least.

I did get up to my first ring and then shortly afterward a pair of swarms, so I see that it does get better.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
In Trimps how do i stack cold?
That is apparently the key to Spire III.
I currently have nearly 1Qa He, while it is possible to clear Spire III with as little as 5T.
I am playing virtually exclusively with AutoTrimps, and AT is unable to handle Spire III, not can i find any setting amongst its mountain of settings to increase cold stacks.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
you receive nature tokens from completing each block of five zones with each empowerment of nature. i don't use autotrimps, so i can't speak to why it's not using the nature empowerments correctly, but you should be able to open the nature tab yourself and spend tokens. Upgrading ice empowerment power/transfer will reduce damage you take from enemies in ice zones to effectively zero, which is how builds with much less helium are able to clear it anyway.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I don't think AT assigns the element tokens but i have assigned thousands of them myself, am at roughly level 60/60 in Ice element now.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
that seems like it should be good enough, although transfer rate is much better on ice than power. try to hit the transfer rate cap as soon as possible, since it causes enemies to gain less of their power back after each kill. where are you dying in the spire?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

You want to be doing less damage so you have more time to build up stacks, maxing out transfer will help a lot though. Don't buy as many weapon levels, buy more armor levels, farm up through BW 320 or 335 for better base armor. Even if you stall out on BW, you can build up ice stacks in there for a while (a day or two if necessary) and then take them back to the world to finish off the spire (this only really works if you can reach cell 85ish without dying).

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Does anybody know at what level Sadistic NGU Respawn caps? I'm down to 90.01% at 5.478M levels and I'd like to finish it up and never worry about it again.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Venuz Patrol posted:

that seems like it should be good enough, although transfer rate is much better on ice than power. try to hit the transfer rate cap as soon as possible, since it causes enemies to gain less of their power back after each kill. where are you dying in the spire?

transfer rate cap?

I get to cell 80ish with the first squad, then i get oneshot and keep getting oneshot until i have 10 deaths and spire ends.

Roflex posted:

You want to be doing less damage so you have more time to build up stacks,

Where do i see my stacks?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Pope Guilty posted:

Does anybody know at what level Sadistic NGU Respawn caps? I'm down to 90.01% at 5.478M levels and I'd like to finish it up and never worry about it again.

I'm at 13.620M levels and I'm at 60% normal/90% evil/90% sadistic for a total of 48.6% which is apparently the hardcap according to the wiki, so anything else I'm adding from this point forward is non-visible fractions of a %.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

This is a good catch. I'm at 100M levels and hadn't even thought about it. What with just pressing CAP ALL and not paying attention to NGUs much. I'm sure that 0.1% of my energy cap will be put to good (terrible) use.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm at 13.620M levels and I'm at 60% normal/90% evil/90% sadistic for a total of 48.6% which is apparently the hardcap according to the wiki, so anything else I'm adding from this point forward is non-visible fractions of a %.

If I understand correctly, you're adding nothing- once you hit 60/60/90 you're capped and there's no point putting in any more levels.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

transfer rate cap?

I get to cell 80ish with the first squad, then i get oneshot and keep getting oneshot until i have 10 deaths and spire ends.

Where do i see my stacks?

transfer rate cap is 80% by default, and for ice empowerment it means you'll always have at least 8 or so stacks on enemies even if you're one-shotting.

You can see stacks in the status bar next to the number of trimps you have in battle, along with anticipation stacks and challenge specific effects.

As roflex mentioned, ice stacks carry over from maps, so use bionic wasteland to build up stacks on a single enemy and then carry them back to the spire.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

If I understand correctly, you're adding nothing- once you hit 60/60/90 you're capped and there's no point putting in any more levels.

Yeah, you can keep going like I did, but there’s no benefit to it at all. It’ll never go any faster from NGUs.

This led to my discovery that I have hit my max for Normal Augment NGU as well at 1 billion %. Nothing else looked close to capping out at least.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Pope Guilty posted:

Jhet posted:

Yeah, you can keep going like I did, but there’s no benefit to it at all. It’ll never go any faster from NGUs.

This led to my discovery that I have hit my max for Normal Augment NGU as well at 1 billion %. Nothing else looked close to capping out at least.

NGUs have a hard cap at a billion levels so for me at least I'm gonna keep going to keep all the numbers nice and even

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Yeah, those first few NGUs rapidly get so cheap that the energy saved isn't worth the effort of the extra clicks needed to Cap All except for that one. It hasn't helped me in a while, but out of 9 quintillion energy it takes up 100 Trillion, so meh.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks for the Trimps input.

I managed to brute force my way through Spire III before finding the time to implementing the tips.

I had 550k levels of Power II, 1,5m levels of Toughness II, and 1,5Qa Helium assigned with the Zerker preset.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Anyone got a Kitten’s Game save to share?

https://twitter.com/doomquasar/status/1428510034489708545?s=12

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

How could it do cloud synchronization, you don't log in with an account or anything?
Fake Edit: Oh wait she probably meant with her phone

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

GrossMurpel posted:

How could it do cloud synchronization, you don't log in with an account or anything?
Fake Edit: Oh wait she probably meant with her phone

Later in the thread she mentions she reformatted her Mac and reinstalled Chrome. I don't play the game so I'm not sure how saves for it work, wasn't sure if file/code could be shared.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Ignoranus posted:

I've been using this chunk of code, slapped into the console for overnight to upgrade storage automatically. I also changed it slightly, as it didn't include meteorite and had metal twice. If you want to get tricky, you can make the Dyson Sphere segments, or (e.g.) the "build 100 and then launch a swarm" button work by using Inspect Element, finding the btn element, and adding 'id="Make_100_segments_and_launch"', then using the same setInterval code with the ID you just added:

code:
setInterval(() => { document.querySelector('#Make_100_segments_and_launch').click(), 3000)
This will continue to work until you reload the page; once it's reloaded, both the ID you added and the setInterval will no longer be there, so you'd have to re-add them for it to work again.

thanks for this, you got a small error in the code (missed a curly bracket after click()), here's the complete one:
code:
setInterval(() => { document.querySelector('#YourVarName').click()}, 3000)
and for people that don't know how to add the ID: press rightclick -> inspect element on the button you want to automate, rightclick on <button class=...>, press 'add attribute', type in id="YourVarName" and then run the above code in the console.

along with this piece of automation it's way better to leave idle instead of having to click stuff every couple of minutes.

Sivart13 posted:

I just started playing NG Space Company despite the middling reviews because Synergism's endgame (midgame?) is a whole lot of nothing.

Boy is that storage mechanic some artificial game lengthening horseshit!

code:
setInterval(() => {
    button.click();
  })
}, 3000)

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I started playing Legends of Idleon a couple nights ago and I'm really digging it. It has an MMO premise but it's really just an idle game where your automated units are couched as players of a game, complete with access to classes and personal progression. I'm a big MMO nerd and I love a good grind, so this really hits a sweet spot for me. The aesthetic is neat too, it's got a simple cartoony feel to it that I really dig. I'm still just murdering beans for access to the Birch Grove but so far I think this might be the idle game for me.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I started playing Legends of Idleon a couple nights ago and I'm really digging it. It has an MMO premise but it's really just an idle game where your automated units are couched as players of a game, complete with access to classes and personal progression. I'm a big MMO nerd and I love a good grind, so this really hits a sweet spot for me. The aesthetic is neat too, it's got a simple cartoony feel to it that I really dig. I'm still just murdering beans for access to the Birch Grove but so far I think this might be the idle game for me.

If you haven't yet (and you may not have unlocked it yet), when you can apply for pizza is free, the Goin guild. Someone has been at least accepting applications, and you get some significant bonuses from guild membership.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Thanatosian posted:

If you haven't yet (and you may not have unlocked it yet), when you can apply for pizza is free, the Goin guild. Someone has been at least accepting applications, and you get some significant bonuses from guild membership.

Thanks for the tip. I will apply as soon as I am able.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I enjoyed IdleOn up until about my 6th character and then I bounced off it really hard. It turned into a ton of micro and notes on each character. It is a nice game but more brain power than I wanted to exert. I really liked Idle Skilling and this one didn't disappoint it was just a different kind of game.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, I think I'm in the same boat. I still like a lot of it conceptually! But having to constantly switch to your alts to drag them back to town and drop off materials, then walk them back to whatever they were harvesting was just such a pain.

If the game gets (or already got) more QoL improvements that let you do all that quicker and easier I think I'd be willing to try it again.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There's town portals but what it needs is a way to tell one of your dudes to walk home so you can switch to another character while you wait the 90 seconds or whatever for your guy to appear at town then a similar mechanic to send them back to where they were initially. And let everyone do this as many times as they want without having to hold an item. The micro really did drag an otherwise pretty charming game from the guy who made Idle Skilling (which I loved) down to being kind of a chore to play.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
There are map teleports now that you get a limited number of daily (teleport straight to a specific zone) and there are potions that are fairly plentiful that teleport your back to town (you can buy a bunch a day for 1.5ish silver, and they're a drop as well). You can buy additional free dailies of each for gems; I've gotten one set of map teleports and no potions, and with five characters it's been fine.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I just eventually got annoyed at what a pain in the rear end it was to pick up your offline loot since it just explodes around you in a way where it overlaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I learned that if you "active" idle, aka don't log out and just leave it running, drops dissapear after an hour. I weep for all the bean slices and coins that are languishing while I'm at work. :negative: