Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
*through gritted teeth* tk was right to not have hangman vs omega at all out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Dango Bango posted:

Calling way back to this, but two things: 1. Shard, aren't you the other 35-year-old Sting mark ITT? If so :wcw::hf::wcw:

What am I, chopped liver? :smith:

I'm not 35 until February though

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1428945350178578435

FROM THE RED HOOK...... TAAAAAAAAAAAZZ

"IT'S TAZZ!"

*insipid Taz commentary*

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

drat dude wrestling is dope. I had friends over and got to explain CM Punk to them and watched the Pipe bomb/MITB match after for some context.

Glad Stabs Bois are doing well.

Love anime villain Darby too.
It's good to like wrestling again.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sanguinia posted:

What am I, chopped liver? :smith:

I'm not 35 until February though

Half birthday buddy! Always welcome aboard the WCW mark train

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Blackhawks are desperate for good PR right now to bury their skeletons, and Punk's always been an obvious fan of theirs.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
the show was good I liked the show

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/PeacockTVCare/status/1428944406070038534

hahahahahaha this is beautiful

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Yeah I'm up way past my bedtime with early plans tomorrow because wrestling. loving. RULES.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

https://twitter.com/ZackDavisson/status/1428940855369293831

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just checked, I could list my ticket for $950 :stare:

I'm not going to.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1428924743890006027

This alone is more correct insight into wrestling scouting than WWE has shown in the last decade.

What does he mean take it? Like be hit by it? I know that's like basic wrestling lingo but my brain is seizing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Wanna print this tweet and stuff it into Roman's mouth Ted DiBiase-style

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Grem posted:

What does he mean take it? Like be hit by it? I know that's like basic wrestling lingo but my brain is seizing.

Yeah

“That doesn’t work for me brother” - CM Punk (I’m joking)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Grem posted:

He doesn't want to have to bump for Darby's suicide dive because Darby just loving launches at you with all his bodyweight at full speed, for contrast Jon Moxley has one of the worst and safest suicide dives in wrestling where he just sort of pushes you lightly and comes up very short. It was worse when he was Dean Ambrose but it's still pretty loving bad.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Honestly after seeing so many wrestlers jump out of the ring and slam their heads into the barricade, I always admired Moxley going "Nah not doing that"

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Coaaab posted:

*through gritted teeth* tk was right to not have hangman vs omega at all out

If it was Omega/Hangman at All Out I have no doubt it would be the Show of the Year. I equally have no doubt that it will be just as awesome next PPV (potentially even better with a bit more time to tell the story), but having that payoff, plus Punk/Allen plus Bucks vs. LB/JE it would be one of the best cards of the 21st century.

And saying that, I have no problem with Hangman's choice to take Paternity leave. The program has enough legs that a pause won't hurt the audience engagment.

Plus knowing the company isn't going to punish Page for being a human being and wanting to be there for the birth of his kid and support his family increases my love for AEW.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Man can you imagine if they'd gone with the "MJF comes out to Punk's song just to get HEAT" bullshit?

WWE brain-poisoning wrestling fans to expect stupid bullshit to always happen because HEEAATT.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
honestly, it's bonkers to me darby does that dive. it seems like a good way to break your neck if you gently caress it up. sometimes he bounces off someone like he's a loving pinball.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That poor intern, I hope they don't get in trouble for that.

(mashes RT)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Full Gear was always Hangman's PPV based on the old BTE intro. It's meant to be.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Drakkel posted:

Man can you imagine if they'd gone with the "MJF comes out to Punk's song just to get HEAT" bullshit?

WWE brain-poisoning wrestling fans to expect stupid bullshit to always happen because HEEAATT.

getting heat can be good but sometimes it's just nice to have good things happen

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Honestly after seeing so many wrestlers jump out of the ring and slam their heads into the barricade, I always admired Moxley going "Nah not doing that"

Yeah I can suspend my disbelief on this stuff; as much as I like stiff offense there's so many variables when it comes to High Risk moves that I'd rather a safe move that gets the point across than popping then wondering if everyone's okay.

It's a big reason I never took issue with Lance Storm's chairshots. I understand the story beat, I don't need to worry about concussions.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

Calling way back to this, but two things: 1. Shard, aren't you the other 35-year-old Sting mark ITT? If so :wcw::hf::wcw: and 2. After all these years, you've made me realize what made CM Punk in WWE click with me immediately. And that's as someone who had only heard and seen a few things about him in ROH..

86-87oletariats unite! Fellow Sting, ECW, ROH and :wcw: mark too. CM Punk talking about my intro days to indie wrestling made me mark so hard. Thanks OG wrestlehut goons for giving me all those reccos ages ago.

Tag team talk: I love Jurassic Express and want them to get those belts but I’m torn because I equally want Lucha Brothers and Dark Order to win them.

I dig Christian but I hope we get it unhinged Omega destroying Christian so that Cowboy win feels even sweeter.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

In the MMA documentary Fighting In the Age of Loneliness, it's posited that MMA's popularity rose alongside the abuses of late stage capitalism; as everyday life get less fulfilling and more predictably disappointing and frustrating, sports are one of the last places where beautiful, unpredictable things can still happen. I think about that a lot, and I think AEW is the closest American pro wrestling has gotten to hitting that highwater mark in a long, long time. They're not a perfect company obviously, but it feels really good to be here in this little pocket of time, watching them make this poo poo fun for people again.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

Full Gear was always Hangman's PPV based on the old BTE intro. It's meant to be.

I'm actually doing catch up on AEW's backlog and the Full Gear Ready bit made me immediately fall in love with the guy as someone who has always sat within the skinny fat spectrum.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1428944483727577090

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Lots of posts about some dude, but did Mr. Iguana show up at all?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm so happy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

shemp hunk

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Dango Bango posted:

Half birthday buddy! Always welcome aboard the WCW mark train

:unsmith:

Sting, DDP and Goldberg were my wrestling childhood, I never even watched the Fed until 2003. I used to talk poo poo to my friends about how Stone Cold and the Rock had nothing on them. For all my grievances against WWE two of the biggest pops I've ever had as a wrestling fan were Sting debuting at Survivor Series and Goldberg beating Brock Lesnar.

Good old Bill may still be stuck in Vince's money machine, but the Stinger is home where he belongs. And I'll love AEW forever for what they've given him.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

CM Punk looks like Jeffrey Dean Morgan to me, am I going crazy?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Defiance Industries posted:

CM Punk looks like Jeffrey Dean Morgan to me, am I going crazy?

yes you are, he looks like Jon Hamm.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't think I've ever heard a pop that big in wrestling, honestly. There have been ones that loud but not that sustained, and there have been ones that sustained but not that loud. They drowned out the music and commentary, and every single thing he did or said elicited another huge pop. He got a god pop for sitting. That's crazy.

I assume this is going to be godly ratings for the first 1/3 and then probably a big drop after, but I'm betting those first 15-20 minutes spiked like crazy. I wonder what the numbers are like for people who just finished Smackdown and changed immediately to TNT.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Oil! posted:

Lots of posts about some dude, but did Mr. Iguana show up at all?

He beat private party

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Just got home and started watching.

You can just watch him come alive. He's frowning as he walks out of the tunnel, does a little walkaround like he's uncertain.

Falls to his knees, just takes it in. Every shot his smile gets bigger.

Bigger.

And leaps from the floor a new man. Goofs off with the crowd the rest of the way down. Just happy to be here, in this place, at this moment. Alive again.

...Hogan has never had a pop like that.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

:unsmith:

Sting, DDP and Goldberg were my wrestling childhood, I never even watched the Fed until 2003. I used to talk poo poo to my friends about how Stone Cold and the Rock had nothing on them. For all my grievances against WWE two of the biggest pops I've ever had as a wrestling fan were Sting debuting at Survivor Series and Goldberg beating Brock Lesnar.

Good old Bill may still be stuck in Vince's money machine, but the Stinger is home where he belongs. And I'll love AEW forever for what they've given him.

Sting was simply a man without a mothership.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lid posted:

yes you are, he looks like Jon Hamm.

The food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do you think cm punk and malister black will have a sit-off and kick eachother match-up, or anything of that style? do you think he only wants to fight the kids. i'm asking