Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Technowolf posted:

Remember, we saw the Owl Beast's origin in Hooty's Door. It got caught by the Collector, shoved into a scroll that fell into the ocean, washed up on a beach, got picked up and then put up for sale in the night market, where Lillith bought it and used it on Eda.

Whoah I am slow. Totally did not connect the (pretty obvious) dots there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Argue posted:

It totally is; some of the first character art they produced was her wearing the exact outfit Stan describes. She's never worn it on the show but she does own a cup with that same logo on it, so presumably it's part of a set.

irl Hirsch and Terrace are dating so he probably got to see that sketch before anyone and so likely worked it into his commentaries as a joke deliberately to provoke conversations like these!

quote:

Give me a three-way GF/Amphibia/Owl House crossover Disney, please and thank you.

Well we have 2 out of 3, which reminds me I need to add this to the OP

And if anyone else hasn't seen/heard of it, the cast of TOH and Amphibia (which has its own thread here btw) did a joint panel at Comic-Con and did a crossover episode, albeit audio only so you'll just have to close your eyes and pretend there's animation. It starts here.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Well we have 2 out of 3, which reminds me I need to add this to the OP

And if anyone else hasn't seen/heard of it, the cast of TOH and Amphibia (which has its own thread here btw) did a joint panel at Comic-Con and did a crossover episode, albeit audio only so you'll just have to close your eyes and pretend there's animation. It starts here.

Why pretend?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDYwsSeV_9Q

Technowolf fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 17, 2021

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Technowolf posted:

Remember, we saw the Owl Beast's origin in Hooty's Door. It got caught by the Collector, shoved into a scroll that fell into the ocean, washed up on a beach, got picked up and then put up for sale in the night market, where Lillith bought it and used it on Eda.

The flashback in 'Hooty's Door' just shows the origin of the curse, not of the beast trapped within it. Where is it from, why was it hunted, has it always had a magic-draining effect, and if so did Belos study it before it was captured by The Collector, etc?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Is there a reason your link starts like three minutes in?

I'm not going to watch it because I haven't touched Amphibia yet (I thiiink I made it as far as episode two before deciding 'yeah this isn't grabbing me', maybe I should give it another chance?) but like I can tell by the link. Is there another thing three minutes before that or...?

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 16, 2021

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

paradoxGentleman posted:

Is there a reason your link starts like three minutes in?

I'm not going to watch it because I haven't touched Amphibia yet (I thiiink I made it as far as episode two before deciding 'yeah this isn't grabbing me', maybe I should give it another chance?) but like I can tell by the link. Is there another thing three minutes before that or...?

'Cause that's where I was in my watch and that's how 'Copy Link' grabbed it?

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

paradoxGentleman posted:

Amphibia is a bit of a slow start, focusing on a lot of little slice of life, character and setting building episodes for most of season one. They're fun but not super-deep or particularly heavy with "main storyline" plot (Anne has been transported to the World of Frogs, she's stuck in the valley she landed in until the season changes before she can try to find a way home), except for a couple mid-seasons and end-season Big Plot episodes. I felt that it pays off in Season Two where things pick up the pace, spend the bulk of the time advancing the main story, building on the characters and setting already developed, and ending pretty epicly, setting up a dramatic entry into Season Three (starting in October).

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

keith david is in amphibia

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

sliami posted:

keith david is in amphibia

I'm listening...

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

he's a big deal in s2 and he's gonna be even bigger in s3 :yum:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Heh. *Big* deal.

Because he's large.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Technowolf posted:

'Cause that's where I was in my watch and that's how 'Copy Link' grabbed it?

Oh weird. I have to press a specific thing to copy a video at one particular minute. Maybe it's because you did it with a watch.

Sorry if I came off as hostile, it wasn't my intention.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Random thought: Luz and Amity have both kind of experienced their Grom fears for real now.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Mae Whitman came out as pan 😍❤

https://twitter.com/maebirdwing/status/1427356091613007888

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You know that weirdo was hosed when Camilo got the sandal out.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Oh crap, I just found out the show's on hiatus now. No expected release date for Season 2B yet 😭

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

jassa posted:

Oh crap, I just found out the show's on hiatus now. No expected release date for Season 2B yet 😭

I wouldn't expect anything before January.

OTOH, Amphibia's third season arrives Oct. 2. It brings the feels - if not necessarily the gay feels.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You know that weirdo was hosed when Camilo got the sandal out.

What are the Vegas odds that Belos will get CHANCLA'ed before the end of the show?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Madurai posted:

What are the Vegas odds that Belos will get CHANCLA'ed before the end of the show?

That's Luz's Palisman.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The last 5 episodes get added to Disney+ today, right?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

The last 5 episodes get added to Disney+ today, right?

They were up last night!

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Madurai posted:

They were up last night!

poo poo. Forgot that. Well, I have a stay-cation coming up so I can an in-depth rewatch of Season Two thus far.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Holy poo poo the Hooty episode is amazing.

I love that Amity was actually into the tunnel of love stuff.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Holy poo poo the Hooty episode is amazing.

I love that Amity was actually into the tunnel of love stuff.

It's because she's a Wholesome Magic Sweetheart.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Madurai posted:

It's because she's a Wholesome Magic Sweetheart. Secret Romantic Nerd.

Either of those, I think.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Amity respects Hooty's craftsmanship.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Can I just post fanart? Is that a thing I'm allowed to do? Because I'm going to do it.

https://twitter.com/kofusins/status/1429171809178558480

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Funky Valentine posted:

Amity respects Hooty's craftsmanship.

Cursed AU where Amity ends up falling for Hooty instead.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

I Am Fowl posted:

Can I just post fanart? Is that a thing I'm allowed to do? Because I'm going to do it.

https://twitter.com/kofusins/status/1429171809178558480

There's hope for them yet.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Is the show taking a break?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Covok posted:

Is the show taking a break?

Yes. I wouldn't expect new episodes before January.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Remember when seasons meant anything?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Remember when seasons meant anything?

Would you want the season to "mean something" by slapping it together with Flash-era CGI? Animation takes time. I'd rather they take that time and give us well-written, well-acted and well-drawn shows.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Oh, you mean how seasons of TV shows used to mean 20-something episodes spread over 40 weeks of the year with random breaks all over the place?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

jassa posted:

Oh, you mean how seasons of TV shows used to mean 20-something episodes spread over 40 weeks of the year with random breaks all over the place?

As a dude who grew up during those "good old days" they kind of sucked. There were quite a few shows where I'd just lose track of when they came back with new episodes. Yeah, it'll suck to have 16-20 weeks with no new Owl House. That said, figure 10 of those weeks will have new Amphibia (which starts Oct. 2) so it won't be that bad for me.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

At least the bomb format seems like it's mostly dead now. (outside of streaming originals dropping whole seasons at once, which I don't really consider the same thing)

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Cattail Prophet posted:

At least the bomb format seems like it's mostly dead now. (outside of streaming originals dropping whole seasons at once, which I don't really consider the same thing)

Oh, gods, I hated the bomb format. "Yay! Here's two entire full weeks of Steven Universe to be followed by like 18 weeks of nothing! Enjoy!"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Disney does legendarily have that marketing formula voodoo as seen with Gravity Falls, though I think they mighta realised how that can backfire when no one but your hardcore fans cares once you finally release your finale.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Cattail Prophet posted:

Thank Christ. Do the whole season week-by-week rollout or drop it all, but yeah the bomb format was the fuckin' worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
CN hasn't completely abandoned the bomb format. The most recent season of Craig of the Creek was mostly released in bombs.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 23, 2021