Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Come on down to Salem, OR. Tons of kerrygold cheddar but I go with the smaller dubliner blocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I get gas at our Costco because every other gas station in my area that's a comparable price has the worst designs and I always feel like I'm risking life, limb, and dents fueling up. More gas stations in general should be one-way instead of a concrete pad stamped into a lot off the highway with two-to-four different side streets all connected to it :colbert: .

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Went in to get my membership up and running after not being a member for probably 4-5 years. Service desk sort of got me all figured out, didn't need a temporary card, since I still had my old one. They updated my address and all that.

However, they didn't charge me the membership fee, they said I'd pay that when I was at the cash, buying stuff. Except I was only there for pizza and chicken wings, which had a self serve kiosk for payment. No card required for payment!

And I can come back and get more whenever, because I still have my card, but it's not paid for, just current and updated.

So, at this moment, I both am and am not a Costco member. :pseudo:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im thinking about going to costco today. i know one person posted that onions were back at their food court but is this actually the case for anyone else? i cant stand hot dog trolling

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Relish is back at mint but no onions :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey, do they still have those cotton candy grapes?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

thathonkey posted:

im thinking about going to costco today. i know one person posted that onions were back at their food court but is this actually the case for anyone else? i cant stand hot dog trolling

No onions in Sun Prairie, WI. We do have relish though. No deli mustard, sadly.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
https://twitter.com/celisa_mia/status/1428782732579123201

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

thathonkey posted:

just take some purse onions, this is a solved problem

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Need to hug this hot dog

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Remember cats cannot have onions. But they can have a little piece of Costco 1/4 lb all beef franks... As a treat!

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
The sign at the entrance to my local Costco mentioning the CDC's recommendation to wear masks and that they recommend patrons do so seems to be falling on deaf ears.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
They had relish set up but they were OUT. What a betrayal.

The Premier Protein shakes are still on sale and surprisingly had samples out. Thankfully I got to taste test the caramel and coffee ones (was on the fence but caramel is better).

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My favorite is the standard chocolate and apple cinnamon with oats. The apple cinnamon one has a ton of fiber but less protein. I think I tried a bananas and cream one too but I don't remember. I like most things banana so I probably liked it.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Geodude posted:

They had relish set up but they were OUT. What a betrayal.

The Premier Protein shakes are still on sale and surprisingly had samples out. Thankfully I got to taste test the caramel and coffee ones (was on the fence but caramel is better).

The coffee one has caffeine in it which is awesome, but chocolate is still my favorite. The caramel flavor is good but it's a little too sweet for me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Woah, I had no idea it had caffeine. I guess that might go on my list.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Went in to get my membership up and running after not being a member for probably 4-5 years. Service desk sort of got me all figured out, didn't need a temporary card, since I still had my old one. They updated my address and all that.

However, they didn't charge me the membership fee, they said I'd pay that when I was at the cash, buying stuff. Except I was only there for pizza and chicken wings, which had a self serve kiosk for payment. No card required for payment!

And I can come back and get more whenever, because I still have my card, but it's not paid for, just current and updated.

So, at this moment, I both am and am not a Costco member. :pseudo:

You don't need to be a member for food court. You can just go in through the out if you don't want to flash your card.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
When the hell does Costco start selling that Kitu super coffee again. I'm on my last box and I need to restock already.

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 22, 2021

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

In the 'co right now, got a dog in my hand and a bunch of goodies in my cart

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

SamDabbers posted:

In the 'co right now, got a dog in my hand and a bunch of goodies in my cart

:patriot:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Jows posted:

You don't need to be a member for food court. You can just go in through the out if you don't want to flash your card.

I believe they started enforcing membership requirements a couple years back. You def can't mosey in the exits any more at my local Costcos, they will stop you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
You have to scan your card at the foodcourt now IIRC.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chinatown posted:

You have to scan your card at the foodcourt now IIRC.

I don’t recall that at mine. But I also tap to pay with my Costco card so who knows.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

How enforced it is is up to the GM and the food court manager

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

The food court kiosks don't require you to scan your membership card, but the door people absolutely will not let you walk in through the exit at the location I go to.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
Mine seems to have increased enforcement on this with COVID. I think it probably worked to keep the number of people in the warehouse down in accordance with the state standards for awhile there

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

These Garden Lite spinach fritatta things are pretty good. Gonna try them for breakfast tomorrow with some 505 chili salsa

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

silicone thrills posted:

Somethin is up with kerrygold I think because in Seattle I found some new zealand salted grassfed butter that kind of filled in for the kerrygold niche and price. Have not opened one yet tho as im still working through my last kerrygold stick.

The Kirkland brand? Fwiw, I think it's pretty drat good. definitely comparable to kerrygold

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

FCKGW posted:

I believe they started enforcing membership requirements a couple years back. You def can't mosey in the exits any more at my local Costcos, they will stop you.

Gaius Marius posted:

How enforced it is is up to the GM and the food court manager
This. In Fresno, California they don't enforce it for the locations I drive into town to go to.

Also to be clear: I've heard Costcos will sometimes have different setups. In the two locations I'm thinking of, they're setup where the customer service desk and the food court are on the exit side of the store (beyond the registers), with the customer service desk closest to the exit... while I've heard other Costcos might have one and/or the other on the entrance side.

People without cards need to access the customer service desk. Now, they do have a dedicated little door that leads to returns where lines can go out the door, so they could rope it off or something, but practically speaking they also have to handle membership stuff and the lines just sort of sprawl out all over the place depending on what side of the desk they're coming at and crowd the lines of carts exiting the store, so management would be a pain in the rear end. In addition, it's now expected that you mostly place your orders at the food court kiosk cluster (There's like 6 kiosks bundled together) or at the checkout with your other Costco stuff; they'll still take orders but there seems to be reduced people working food courts, at least in the front. They could require you to swipe your card at the kiosk, but that means you have to pull out two cards to order.

In summary: Enforcing membership for getting to the food court would be a pain in the rear end (at these locations). And apparently it hasn't been enough of a problem for them to do so.
(Or so it seems to me, as just the observations of a mere parishioner of the church)

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Bad news

My advice is to slather some Bitchin sauce on the dog so it's only a net -10 minutes.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

StormDrain posted:

My advice is to slather some Bitchin sauce on the dog so it's only a net -10 minutes.
So now we need a Cashew Dispenser at the food court?

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

StormDrain posted:

Bad news

Pfff it comes off the end those are the poo poo years anyways.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Olanphonia posted:

The Kirkland brand? Fwiw, I think it's pretty drat good. definitely comparable to kerrygold

Yeah, the Kirkland New Zealand salted butter is good.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

StormDrain posted:

Bad news

Minmaxing my life expectancy by cramming almonds into my mouth at all times

edit: I can finish a portion of nuts in less than 26 minutes, thereby becoming immortal

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Apparently a PBJ gives you +1/2 hour.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/08/19/every-hot-dog-eaten-shortens-life-36-minutes/

Making scratch green chili enchiladas right now. Half chicken and half squash. Chicken from the Kirkland Signature can. Squash from a garden. My wide doesn't do meat, so it's hard to have fresh meat on hand.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

StormDrain posted:

Apparently a PBJ gives you +1/2 hour.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/08/19/every-hot-dog-eaten-shortens-life-36-minutes/

Making scratch green chili enchiladas right now. Half chicken and half squash. Chicken from the Kirkland Signature can. Squash from a garden. My wide doesn't do meat, so it's hard to have fresh meat on hand.

Jackfruit is a solid meat substitute (brine, not syrup :)) for texture

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

kloa posted:

Smart and I would do that. I got the jar of green chilies first or the squashes and zucchini would have become veggie lasagna.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i balance out my hot dog consumption with liquor

easy peasy

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
someone at the Colchester Costco left today screaming they just wanted a loving hotdog. I assume that they did not get one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

kloa posted:

My wife is vegan and I give this advice a hearty "NO!". Its gross. Its not a meat substitute. This is coming from someone who has eaten more tofu than they wanted to. If its on sale give it a shot, if not skip it..