Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Kewpie mayonnaise is just mayonnaise. It's one of the better ones, but it's not some fundamentally different thing. If it's out of stock I'll buy a different brand because it really doesn't make much difference. I actually like the Praise Real Whole Egg with Olive Oil slightly better and only switched to Kewpie because my local supermarket stopped stocking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My extremely popular opinion that will probably be unpopular ITT due to demographics: Americans should shut the gently caress up about their gross sugar sauces.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Slopping mayo over everything is the only culture they have.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The US isn't even close to the top mayo loving country, that stereotype is the weirdest loving thing. Like I'm a dual citizen and lived in France for years, France uses more mayo than the US and still doesn't even come close to say, Belgium or Korea

e: also I just want to point out France has poo poo like processed, sliced, and bagged brioche that is more sickly than the US's worst corn syrup wonderbread offerings

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 14:18 on Aug 23, 2021

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I was watching an asian street food video once and near every sandwich had horrifying levels of mayo on it.

Not some spread across the bread but literal globs. There was an "Egg Burger" that I swear was half mayo.

And ketchup. Tons of ketchup on everything.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Yeah France invented mayo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Josef bugman posted:

I've said it before, but fizzy drinks are not actually all that nice, everyone just wants/needs a bit more sugar during the day.

Seltzer rules though.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Unkempt posted:

poo poo, really?

Huh. Looks like it's the vinegar amount that's different. Salad cream is water, vinegar, oil, sugar; miracle whip is water, oil, hfcs, vinegar. It's all about the acidity of the vinegar for me.

Yeah that's waht I've been saying. The mayo -> salad cream -> miracle whip difference is just about the vinegar ratio. It's ok to like the more vinegar one, the less vinegar one, or both, but acting like they're some wildly different thing is asinine. Of course I think the poster doing that the most is from the uk, so they get a pass on recognizing edible food products.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

My extremely popular opinion that will probably be unpopular ITT due to demographics: Americans should shut the gently caress up about their gross sugar sauces.

you realize salad cream is a british thing right

you can't even buy it in the US unless you happen to get lucky/unlucky and find it in an imported food aisle or something

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ishikabibble posted:

you can't even buy it in the US unless you happen to get lucky/unlucky and find it in an imported food aisle or something

Calling it salad cream is british, but even the idiot americans have indeed sussed out the Queen's brilliant sauce

I say this as someone who goes bonkers for marmite, I'm not just trashing weirdo british food out of bias

The ideal breakfast, I dare say, is toast with marmite and cheddar. S-tier right there.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 19:20 on Aug 23, 2021

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Sugar being used as a preservative blows some people's minds apart. I've cut out sugar recently and the only difference is that I have to spend a little more money at the grocery store.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I like sugar but also I think it's important to try and stick by ones principles. It's why I am trying to stop. So many chocolate companies seem to do such awful poo poo that I don't know what to buy any more.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’ve never really liked sweet as a flavor on its own. It’s good as a component but just straight up sweet? Usually I’ll pass. That said I will occasionally go to town on some skittles, I get a weird craving for them sometimes.

If I’m doing candy I go for the sour stuff.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ishikabibble posted:

American, British, and English are all interchangeable terms to anyone else.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Man, even anglophones can mostly keep different french and spanish speakers apart

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

surimi should be banned from restaurant food

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

3D Megadoodoo posted:

welsh posters about to go off

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Excuse you. The US and UK are slightly different in their style of global imperialism.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Yeah I'm not British, gently caress you

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Guyver posted:

What's the difference between HFCS and the table sugar in salad cream?

There isn't one.

Why you would want sweet mayo idk, but https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/how-high-fructose-intake-may-trigger-fatty-liver-disease glwt

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Try not to eat a diet of only straight fructose and you don't really have to worry about it. Not being the size of a mouse would help too.

Also the difference in the fructose levels of HFCS and table sugar is negligible. Table sugar is 50% and hfcs is 55%.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Yeah, I think the reason why people get upset about high fructose corn syrup is that it has fructose in the name, which kind of sounds like a chemical. Sugar can't contain chemicals, since 'sugar' doesn't sound like a chemical.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

M.A.S.K. >>>>>>> G.I.Joe

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Measuring cups and spoons that are attached to each other on a ring like a keyring are stupid

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

hawowanlawow posted:

Measuring cups and spoons that are attached to each other on a ring like a keyring are stupid

Look at this fool, got a drawer full of measuring cups just floating around.

Seriously though, the best measuring cups I’ve ever had are ones that had an indent in the handle that let them nest like matryoshka dolls and clip together with friction.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

also people who just let the toilet seat fall down with a crash are basically apes who should be involuntarily committed

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Blue Moonlight posted:

Look at this fool, got a drawer full of measuring cups just floating around.

Seriously though, the best measuring cups I’ve ever had are ones that had an indent in the handle that let them nest like matryoshka dolls and clip together with friction.

I'm aghast that someone would only have one pair. I've got like six pairs of measuring cups and four measuring spoons.

I do immediately un ring then after purchase and just let them sit in the drawer stacked

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I use a food scale personally

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

hawowanlawow posted:

also people who just let the toilet seat fall down with a crash are basically apes who should be involuntarily committed

This checks out, I always let the seat come crashing down while hooting and beating my chest

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
My girlfriend will let the toilet seat slam down when I forget to put it down. It's the most adorable passive-aggressive thing.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Let's not commit people all the time. Commitment is a big thing at any time.

I think personally accepting death is one of the few ways of getting through everything that is happening. It's just that it can shade too rapidly into hoping for it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Completely pulling out of Afghanistan and letting the Taliban retake the country without resistance is by far the most positive foreign policy move any president in my lifetime has made.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Gripweed are you posting from a bizarro world USA where that isn't supported by everyone from chuds to the psl

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Gripweed posted:

Completely pulling out of Afghanistan and letting the Taliban retake the country without resistance is by far the most positive foreign policy move any president in my lifetime has made.

Now they just need to pull out of Texas and let Mexico take it back.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The new thing in the "dark enlightenment, alt right, etc.," is gonna be agreeing with the Taliban, they defeated the US and want similar things. Strength has to be respected.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Gaius Marius posted:

I'm aghast that someone would only have one pair. I've got like six pairs of measuring cups and four measuring spoons.

I do immediately un ring then after purchase and just let them sit in the drawer stacked

Same, but I also recently realised that one set is actually US cups and not metric, which is weird for Australia. On the other hand, I can make David Eyre's pancakes with the correct volumes.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I use a food scale personally

I know what you mean, but picturing someone weighing out 10g of sugar for their cup of tea on oversized grocery scales is much more amusing.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Elissimpark posted:

I know what you mean, but picturing someone weighing out 10g of sugar for their cup of tea on oversized grocery scales is much more amusing.

Putting sugar in tea is almost as perturbing as putting it in salad cream.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
What kind of madman would put sweet tea in salad cream?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

doverhog posted:

Putting sugar in tea is almost as perturbing as putting it in salad cream.

I use sweetener in my tea and, depending on the salad, use sugar in salad dressing.

* swirls black satin cape and vanishes in puff of burnt sugar smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I use sweet tea as salad dressing