Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

not in it, voted 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

mjf killed the average, I'm sorry to say it

lol

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i feel like even if aew doesn't sign bray for good you gotta let him make an appearance on the halloween ep that's immediately when his noncompete is up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Everybody please respect my privacy

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Kids make great horror movie protagonists and Bray could put together something really fun with -1 throughout the years if Brodie Jr. is up for it.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Everybody please respect my privacy

it's pronounced pry-vassy

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Jonny Nox posted:

Yeah one of the best parts of AEW is the long-term storytelling.

One of the worst parts is the long-term storytelling means people will look at someone like Peter Avalon, Brandon Cutler, Luther, etc and think we're all insane for being so in love with these obvious jobbers.

No it would taste different because they are 30 years old by now.

Who gives a poo poo what people think? If watching Luther makes you happy then you watch the gently caress out of Luther, my dude. Life's too short.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the microwave burger of pronunciations

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Gavok posted:

Question: should I make a "So You'd Like to Get Into AEW" megathread? A multi-post FAQ thing with wrestler profiles, lists of matches to check out, etc?

If you'd like any help with this project, please feel free to DM me.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Gavok posted:

Question: should I make a "So You'd Like to Get Into AEW" megathread? A multi-post FAQ thing with wrestler profiles, lists of matches to check out, etc?
I just asked about the last couple years in Japan so a big primer on international, independent, and people who have just been in WWE for so long I've forgotten they exist sounds like a dream to me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Penguin Patrol posted:

it's pronounced pry-vassy

First the microwave burgers and now this :negative:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Machines don't need a needle. The other channel is hiring people that actually use them :q:

Oh and they have to be 6.1' 220lbs

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

First the microwave burgers and now this :negative:
scoopsgal getting buried by gillberg in 2021, what a time to be alive

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
This is the only other place I know that has any awareness of Kidd Bandit but anyway I got to do a brief interview with him and it's here if anyone is interested.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Who gives a poo poo what people think? If watching Luther makes you happy then you watch the gently caress out of Luther, my dude. Life's too short.

Oh, I am VERY there don't worry.

I just find "Lance Hoyt? LOL" to be a aggravating take to hear from "influencers" who would probably be able to love something if they just give it a couple months to be what it is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I demand you all stop making fun of Rarity for stuff that isnt related to Sanada losing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Talk of Adam Cole pulling a Lex Luger when all along he can pull a Rick Rude of he's on the UUDD Uno video this week.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MJeff posted:

I demand you all stop making fun of Rarity for stuff that isnt related to Sanada losing.

I'll never not make fun of boiling cans of burgers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

scoopsgal getting buried by gillberg in 2021, what a time to be alive

This is all just the build to Rarity vs. Gillberg at Double or Nothing 2022

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/georgemalik/status/1429815196910964737

Coward Tony, run Little Caesars.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Jonny Nox posted:

Oh, I am VERY there don't worry.

I just find "Lance Hoyt? LOL" to be a aggravating take to hear from "influencers" who would probably be able to love something if they just give it a couple months to be what it is.

Something I notice with lovely IWC people is they have a tendency to judge wrestlers by where they were at some point in the past. Like that AEW Botches twitter that still refers to PAC as 'Neville" or the people still saying Lance Hoyt. They treat AEW hiring these guys are proof that AEW is garbage because "these guys were jobbers in TNA!!" or whatever.

Cause in their minds, whatever place on the card you were when they first saw you, that's where you are for life. Nevermind the fact that Stone Cold Steve Austin was a midcarder in WCW, or that Drew McIntyre was in 3MB, or whatever. Born a jobber, die a jobber.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
On the subject of Adam Cole: he would have to be supremely dumb to sign a contract with WWE at this point, instead of heading to AEW or focusing on his Twitch streaming or whatever. They've already said guys like him don't have a place in the company any more, and the only reason they want him on the main roster at this point is so that AEW doesn't get to boast about signing away yet another big talent that WWE didn't know what to do with, especially so soon after SummerSlam. There's no way in hell Vince sees him as another HBK waiting in the wings, and Nick Khan will cut him loose as soon as he thinks the financials would look better by his doing so. There's literally nothing for him in WWE beyond a paycheck, and as we've seen in the last few months, that's not even a safe bet anymore.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Accident Underwater posted:

This is the only other place I know that has any awareness of Kidd Bandit but anyway I got to do a brief interview with him and it's here if anyone is interested.

Interesting read. It’s pretty cool to see kids coming into wrestling at a time when it seems like they’ve got more options than ever.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WredditOfficial/status/1429137102416093188

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Accident Underwater posted:

Kidd Bandit posted:

Originally, my big finishing move was gonna be the Leaf Hurricane which is a 720 rotation Black Mass, but it injured me in 2020 and I’ve been cautious about using the move since.
god this dude

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Shout-out to Kidd bandit maybe a bit too much of a weeb but clearly has the enthusiasm and talent, just needs the experience.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thread:

https://twitter.com/stephaniemchase/status/1429816004268396553

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Kidd Bandit posted:

I first got into wrestling through the Ruthless Aggression era of WWE. I grew up in the Philippines, so the only wrestling I could watch was extreme tape-delay of SmackDown. The good news, however, is instead of it being a weekly programming, we had it 3-4 days a week so I had wrestling consistently playing in the background as I wrestled on my mattress.

We must protect Kidd Bandit at all costs so he can takeover from TJP as the best wrestler from the Phillipines.

Also wow one of his favourite watches growing up was WWECW

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Coaaab posted:

god this dude

big "I can't do that move any more, it's too dangerous, I will never use the Tiger Driver '91" vibes here

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1424519511366004740

Kidd Bandit is a self-insert e-fed character come to life and it rules.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Coaaab posted:

god this dude

So is he saying he would jump, spin two full rotations in the air, then kick somebody in the face all before hitting the ground again :psyduck:

This kid really, really loves spinning

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lid posted:

We must protect Kidd Bandit at all costs so he can takeover from TJP as the best wrestler from the Phillipines.

Also wow one of his favourite watches growing up was WWECW

once they stopped trying to just be a PG reboot of ECW and became their own thing WWECW was actually really good imo

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Spin2Win as the kids say.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
someone get him some Jody Fleisch tapes

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Kidd bandit rules

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I choose to believe Alvarez because I think Bray Wyatt sucks and I don't want him on the show I like.

I admit I would have said roughly the same for Taynara Conti though, so if Wyatt wants to show up and wrestle like he's been injecting Shibata matches into his veins, I'll forgive him too.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/stephaniemchase/status/1429818307985780737
CM Punk, in front of the TV: shiiiiit

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

FYI if you are traveling to All Out, Cook County's mask mandate went live today and that includes the Now Arena.

(Good.)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

My Lovely Horse posted:

CM Punk, in front of the TV: shiiiiit

Now I kinda want the build to the match to just be Punk slowly realizing exactly what he's gotten himself into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I honestly hope Jon Moxley took him aside and told him that he'd have to curb a lot of Darby's tendencies.