Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I feel like they spent the first 2 years putting the belt on Jericho -> Mox -> Omega to get the belt over, but the next few years in my mind look like Hangman, MJF, Darby, Jungle Boy territory. Now I'll never doubt Punk or Bryan or Cole could step in and eventually there will be lads who hold it more than once. Punk can win the belt and it'll be alright, but I don't think he really has to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

kk probed them faster than Malakai Black kicking Brock's head off

Kvantum posted:

Looks like 5 of the bet losers are already on their timeouts. Check the Leper's Colony.

Good work Karmic.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

I feel like they spent the first 2 years putting the belt on Jericho -> Mox -> Omega to get the belt over, but the next few years in my mind look like Hangman, MJF, Darby, Jungle Boy territory. Now I'll never doubt Punk or Bryan or Cole could step in and eventually there will be lads who hold it more than once. Punk can win the belt and it'll be alright, but I don't think he really has to.

I think it's definitely gonna be Hangman > MJF but from there it's pretty open territory. Could easily do Punk or Bryan or Cole there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

2 weeks in and the B show is getting 1mil+ on a friday night

drat it feels good

They don’t even have Bryan, Bray and Cole yet

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Critical posted:

apparently pwt has had to buy every single blank ringer t-shirt in north america to fulfill the punk t-shirt demand

What the actual gently caress :stare:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
So much for moving the needle :rolleyes:

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Pylons posted:

I think it's definitely gonna be Hangman > MJF but from there it's pretty open territory. Could easily do Punk or Bryan or Cole there.

I keep thinking they should put the TNT title on MJF before he gets his shot at the Big Belt but he's clearly the top heel and a perfect foil to Anxiety Cowboy.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
AEW shut down by the feds for single-handedly killing the t-shirt industry.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Renaissance Spam posted:

I keep thinking they should put the TNT title on MJF before he gets his shot at the Big Belt but he's clearly the top heel and a perfect foil to Anxiety Cowboy.

Yeah, MJF feels way too big for the TNT title (as much as I'd like to see the Burberry Nightmare TNT belt)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So.

Wednesday.

Highest rating ever?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Yeah, MJF feels way too big for the TNT title (as much as I'd like to see the Burberry Nightmare TNT belt)

No such thing imo.

But I do worry that MJF doesnt wrestle often enough for the TNT Title.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

AEW shut down by the feds for single-handedly killing the t-shirt industry.

Come to think of it the Bucks never specified which business they're killing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Critical posted:

apparently pwt has had to buy every single blank ringer t-shirt in north america to fulfill the punk t-shirt demand

lmao jesus christ. They talked about this on their podcast apparently, I had to look that one up because it sounded like bullshit.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
PWT must be thrilled, that's a hell of a problem to have.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/BRWrestling/status/1429893702059642888

For those who don't watch BTE, this is worth watching just to see punk's eyes bug out when he hears the crowd

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I've been listening to Cult of Personality non stop since Friday.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

MJeff posted:

No such thing imo.

But I do worry that MJF doesnt wrestle often enough for the TNT Title.

I think it's good they don't have him wrestle for it if he's not going to win it. And I don't think it's time for him to win it. I think Miro was a better choice than MJF to go over Darby. I'd rather they protect him since they're clearly working very hard to keep MJF from getting pinned or really losing much at all.

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
The number has failed me.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

explosivo posted:

https://twitter.com/BRWrestling/status/1429893702059642888

For those who don't watch BTE, this is worth watching just to see punk's eyes bug out when he hears the crowd

I cannot imagine the nerves/adrenaline once that pop hit for him.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

RandolphCarter posted:

Good work Karmic.

Gotta get them back for Wednesday's Rampage teaser.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Huntman posted:

I cannot imagine the nerves/adrenaline once that pop hit for him.

I wish we could've seen the reactions of the people hooting and hollering in gorilla once the actual pop hit lol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

explosivo posted:

I wish we could've seen the reactions of the people hooting and hollering in gorilla once the actual pop hit lol

If they shot that for BTE I'm sure there's a bunch of footage they didn't use.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Drakkel posted:

Has anyone stopped to realize that the AEW game is gonna have an incredible roster while WWE's game literally just got delayed half a year because WWE cut so many wrestlers they had to basically start over?

They could do young versions of all their old guys and it'd be a hell of a lineup. Arn, Tully, Malenko, Jake, Jerry Lynn

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Why is this a transparent PNG

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

You love to see more Number!

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Hah! Suck it Tucker!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dark mode users in shambles rn

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I Before E posted:

Dunno! Ever since Showbuzz came back they did this weird transparency thing.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dark mode users in shambles rn

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just 0.02 behind the football

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

So.

Wednesday.

Highest rating ever?
sounds like a good bet :)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I Before E posted:

suffer dark mode user

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:dogstare:

Man they were not joking when they said that The First Dance would turn the industry upside down. This is only the beginning.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Breakdowns on Number, and they're absurd.

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-friday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-20-2021.html

0.72 in male 18-49. Beating Smackdown in 18-34. Second only to NFL for the night on cable. Third after Smackdown and NFL in 18-49. Just a big beefy bastard of a number.

EDIT: beaten like Smackdown in 18-34

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Neck and neck with the NFL holy poo poo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dynamite this week is gonna beat Raw, mother of god

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Glad I bought my tickets for this show back in July.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Neck and neck with the NFL holy poo poo

It’s pre season NFL what kind of freak watches games that don’t count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

sticklefifer posted:

I figure they can ride out the "what's CM Punk going to do next?" wave for high numbers on Dynamite (if not both Dynamite and Rampage) for quite a while as long as they give him interesting material to work with. People just want to see him again, not even necessarily what he does. I can see these numbers sustaining for a very long time if they spread out the debuts of (possibly) Cole, then Danielson, then Ruby, then Bray, with Page's return somewhere in there too. I genuinely don't know what's going to happen next, and that's really exciting.

Yeah, I'm curious about what AEW does with Punk. Because Punk is a good talker, but AEW doesn't really have in ring promo segments. And if they are, they seem to be immediately interrupted, which I kind of love. I am so glad AEW doesn't need a 10 minute promo to set up the main event each week.

I am assuming Punk doesn't wrestle until All Out

sticklefifer posted:

I think at that point with so many major talent to focus on, it seems likely that AEW's schedule would spread to every weekday on a regular basis. Two Darks for whoever isn't on the main shows doing tune-up matches, Elevation for showcasing midcarders and tag teams against each other, Rampage for high-midcard with any of the titles defended, and Dynamite for the top talent and angles. It's a lot, but if they balance it right, there's going to be a high return without being a total burnout of content for fans.

I do think that they need to sort out this Dark and Dark Elevation business and how they tape them and what each show actually is. I wish they make Dark Elevation more competitive matches and not squash matches. Then your Rampage taping is 1 hour of Dark, 1 hour of Dark Elevation, and then 1 hour of Rampage.

I went to The First Dance Rampage in Chicago because of Punk. I don't think I would have bought at ticket to that show if it was 2 hours of Dark and 1 hour of Rampage with no announced card until the Wednesday before. It was just too much AEW Dark for a $90 ticket, IMO