Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
What's the joke with Marge's father being a flight attendants?

Is it just gender normative jobs or something that has gone completely over my head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

christmas boots posted:

You call 12-packs cases?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jestery posted:

Is it just gender normative jobs

It was a flashback. That's where her father is a Viking.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Jestery posted:

Is it just gender normative jobs or something that has gone completely over my head?

Yeah that's the joke, but it's more about his comically overplayed reaction to Marge seeing him at work I think.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's an Albany expression

And you call it a case, even though it's obviously in a caddy?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Jestery posted:

Marge thought her father was a pilot and was filled with such shame she repressed the memories when she found out. And then her therapist says it's a completely normal thing for men to be flight attendants and Marge goes 'oh'.

The joke in the scene is his reaction (don't look at me), but really they just needed something to give Marge a hangup, and it's a very Marge-y hangup.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fun fact: Rebel Without A Cause is mostly remembered for James Dean being good acting man and for the planetarium scene, but due to the really weird and antiquated state of child psychology at the time it was made, the film's implication is that James Dean's character is angry and confused because his father is not masculine enough of a male role model, as exemplified by his wearing a frilly apron and doing housework in one scene

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Marge thought her father was a pilot and was filled with such shame she repressed the memories when she found out. And then her therapist says it's a completely normal thing for men to be flight attendants and Marge goes 'oh'.

The joke in the scene is his reaction (don't look at me), but really they just needed something to give Marge a hangup, and it's a very Marge-y hangup.

That makes sense, thanks

Really flew over my head when I was younger

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

loquacius posted:

fun fact: Rebel Without A Cause is mostly remembered for James Dean being good acting man and for the planetarium scene, but due to the really weird and antiquated state of child psychology at the time it was made, the film's implication is that James Dean's character is angry and confused because his father is not masculine enough of a male role model, as exemplified by his wearing a frilly apron and doing housework in one scene

So he had a cause then? To uncuck the American male or something?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
https://twitter.com/notericgrant/status/1430248262368382986

Bart is forbidden from seeing a movie, and becomes a supreme court justice to rule against it.

Homer and friends compete in a softball game against Darryl Strawberry and other MLB greats.

In this musical episode, Sideshow Bob and Bart put aside their differences to sing Gilbert and Sullivan tunes.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
I for one am looking forward to the future, where the description of an episode is just a meme.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
S5:Ep16

*Homer_backwards_meme.gif*

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
S7:Ep21

“An unforgettable luncheon underneath the Northern Lights.”

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

S4.E17

Grandpa recalls the time he caught the ferry to Shelbyville. He needed a new heel for his shoe. So he decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So he tied an onion to his belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that he had an onion on his belt, which was the style at the time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Unrelated to anything, I heard this line wrong the first time when it first aired as "dramatico soaking" and it's what I always hear whenever it plays even though I know what he actually says.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Some loving gold on this page.

Also, where would you rather go:

-Itchy and Scratchyland
-Mt Splashmore
-Duff Gardens

(Krustyland is closed due to the incident at the House of Knives)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

loquacius posted:

sadly he didn't know his daddy was a millionaire

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Some loving gold on this page.

Also, where would you rather go:

-Itchy and Scratchyland
-Mt Splashmore
-Duff Gardens

(Krustyland is closed due to the incident at the House of Knives)

Mount splashmore seemed to be the least imperiling for the average size guest.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Revenge Of The Blurreds? You're fired!

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol, excellent subversion of expectations, by which I mean :dudsmile:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

But what if I were to take another meme and disguise it as my own punchline? Oh hohoho, delightfully combintatory Seymour.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Lobok posted:

Unrelated to anything, I heard this line wrong the first time when it first aired as "dramatico soaking" and it's what I always hear whenever it plays even though I know what he actually says.

It's not "dramatico"!?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

no it's "dollar in dues"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/abcperth/status/1430714105472507905

There's a lemon behind that rock

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

When you ask your substitute teacher if he can name your movie.

https://twitter.com/paynus3/status/1430707766004527105

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Now I know you love movies and I asked the clerk which is the one every boy wants...

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
https://twitter.com/SpaceCptZemo/status/1430746623362027525?s=19

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You have selected regicide

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Oh my God the story about that med is loving insane

glad prison isn't bad enough, gotta force inmates to use toxic concoctions designed for deworming cattle after being specifically warned not to do it by the food and drug administration, especially when you know antiparacitics are not antiviral.

The best part is the people on the outside so desperate for medical aid and know so little they've switched from fish antibiotics to the poo poo they give to horses to kill heartworm

Usa#1

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Came up with the idea, but couldn't think where to take it.

Mr. Spackle

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'm disrespectful to carbon-fibre stucco lathe. Can you see that I am serious?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

for lucky best walls, use mr. spackle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Hand me my banishment trowel, boy.

RT though a gif of him fixing the wall would be great. Way beyond my abilities though.