Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lol colts

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1431005632061181957?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
"Correlation does not equal causation" - Cole Beasley

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

It's more like "I didn't see it so it didn't happen."

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ah yes, the philosophy of Logical Positivism

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I would love to have more data on how often vaccinated vs unvaccinated players are hanging around other people without masks, etc, but I know that's probably unquantifiable.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Object permanence was a test from our lord

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

rjmccall posted:

Hasn’t that dude had like one fight against an actual fighter and it was super-sketchy?

He and Mayweather danced around in an exhibition match for ludacris amounts of money.

Professor Funk posted:

It was just gods will

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It was just gods will

God didn’t make pants either.

Just sayin’.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

rjmccall posted:

Hasn’t that dude had like one fight against an actual fighter and it was super-sketchy?

Yeah but he's still too good if you haven't put in the work learning the sport, which you probably can't do in two months. It's very annoying, it's also nothing new for boxing really.

Jake Paul is not getting in the ring with an actual professional (because he knows there isn't going to be a chance for him) until he runs out of other ways to make money. He'll throw his brother to those fights should they come up, and people will still pay money for it. It's all a money making machine, which is the truest boxing maxim I can think of.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Fair enough

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He and Mayweather danced around in an exhibition match for ludacris amounts of money.
Got twenty bank accounts, accountants count me in

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Anybody who seriously expected Mayweather to give Paul an actual professional beat down have no idea who Floyd Mayweather is.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

boop the snoot posted:

Anybody who seriously expected Mayweather to give Paul an actual professional beat down have no idea who Floyd Mayweather is.

That was Logan, the other brother. Jake, who wins, picks boxing matches with NBA guys and has graduated to MMA guys who are not known for punching. But it's really really fun to imagine him getting caught, which could conceivably happen!

I really hate that I know so much about this, ha.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/judybattista/status/1431010295435173897?s=21

A nonstarter. No one would watch an NFL without Kirk Cousins.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AndrewP posted:

Eh. The Ravens "win" by having enough good DBs that they didn't have space for a guy they just drafted. I don't think they anticipated Chris Westry being a camp standout.

Now I'm curious if they're going to keep Ar'Darius Washington. Already have 3 locks at safety and Geno Stone is almost definitely going to make the team.

Per some guy on russell street report that has stuff sometimes: "From what I've heard, Wade has a lovely attitude and hasn't played well in practices. Getting beat in the slot by Ar'darius Washington and getting beat out wide by Westry and even Warrior has looked better. They don't have a roster spot for him if that's the case and they may see more value in getting something for him over IRing him and getting another year to look at him."

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

regarding Ravens DBs, I'm curious about Brandon Stephens because the dude was a running back his whole life then converted to DB for 2 years and apparently has been decent on practices

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Jake Paul should have to try and keep Myles Garrett from a tackling dummy. I'd pay to see that.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

fsif posted:

A nonstarter. No one would watch an NFL without Kirk Cousins.

:hmmyes:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Ravens 7 year dedication to the secondary has finally reached it's zenith. Apparently you can have enough good(#6 on the depth chart) corners.

This year's 7th and next year's 5th is a fine deal given the circumstances.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Ravens 7 year dedication to the secondary has finally reached it's zenith. Apparently you can have enough good(#6 on the depth chart) corners.

This year's 7th and next year's 5th is a fine deal given the circumstances.

We should stockpile linemen and linebackers. Not DBs.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

fsif posted:

A nonstarter. No one would watch an NFL without Kirk Cousins Lamar Jackson

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

rjmccall posted:

You mean like when Mayweather accidentally knocked him out briefly and held Paul up until he regained his senses and tried to play it all cool and it was as plain as day?

Yeah.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

this is actually true though

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

We should stockpile linemen and linebackers. Not DBs.

We should definitely not stockpile linebackers you silly goose

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mystic Stylez posted:

this is actually true though

That's the point. The PA know there's enough high profile guys to cause a problem so it wont happen.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Today I learned that Brett Favre had 30 inches of his intestines removed. Thanks Jon Bois!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

We should definitely not stockpile linebackers you silly goose

We could certainly use a Bart Scott now. Or even an Edgerton Hartwell.

When we had Bart Scott on the team in 2002 we already had Ray Lewis, Peter Boulware, Ed Hartwell, and Adalius Thomas. When we drafted Hartwell we even had Jamie Sharper and Cornell Brown.

Then we drafted Suggs in 2003.

Look at the Steelers. They are always getting linebackers.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 27, 2021

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Including pass rushers we've spent 2 first round picks in the past 2 years on LBs. And a 3rd and a 5th.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Including pass rushers we've spent 2 first round picks in the past 2 years on LBs. And a 3rd and a 5th.

And both first rounders have been disappointments. So keep trying

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Quiet Feet posted:

Today I learned that Brett Favre had 30 inches of his intestines removed. Thanks Jon Bois!

Was he taking the dewormer

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

What?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kawalimus posted:

This how I know that you are wrong: I wish Patrick Queen was a Steeler

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Oweh is bad you heard Kawa damnit.

I missed this Ravens fan with the angst of a browns fan.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Queen has strengths but also many liabilities. Everything I read about Oweh indicates he cannot pressure the QB worth a drat.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm going to hold off on burying Oweh until after he's played in a game.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm going to hold off on burying Oweh until after he's played in a game.

I'll be happy to be wrong. I was wrong about Suggs. I thought he was too slow. But he turned out to be a great player and it showed immediately. Oweh is different though. He was bad at rushing the passer even in college. A nonsensical pick. DeCosta has been a very poor drafter so far. Although some of this is due to inept development.

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/25/cbs-sports-not-impressed-with-odafe-oweh-heading-into-week-3-of-preseason/

quote:

Oweh has two pressures on 24 pass-rush snaps (8.3%). One was on a play in which he wasn’t blocked. The other came when Jameis Winston held the ball for almost five seconds…And his 22 other reps have showcased issues that were apparent on film in college. Despite the freaky explosive pro day figures, Oweh has looked stiff around the corner, and outside of maybe one or two swipes, the pass-rush move arsenal is bare.

Oweh's not a Suggs. He's a Boller.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 27, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Queen was a beast in the one ravens game i watched so maybe he fell off a cliff but I feel like if you look solid and flash superstar as a rookie you’re gonna be drat good

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Amy Pole Her posted:

Queen was a beast in the one ravens game i watched so maybe he fell off a cliff but I feel like if you look solid and flash superstar as a rookie you’re gonna be drat good
He's not Ray Lewis minus the murder, so he's a bust!
Obviously.
Am I bird-posting right?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

when judging Queen you have to keep in mind he had just one year as a starter in LSU because he had Devin freaking White ahead in the depth chart. also, the hosed up COVID preseason as a rookie

he needs to get better in coverage and clean up some issues but I think he can be a perennial pro bowler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

perineum pro bowler