Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
George W was an athlete too, but I think mostly running and whatnot. I dunno about hooping.

Teddy would be a grit 'n grind legend though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

He was wiry but intensely strong. I'm thinking k mart or larry johnson (bucks)

Sure, in the 19th century he was wiry. He's the kind of old game player that would immensely benefit from modern strength and conditioning.

Boothe, on the other hand, is an inefficient chucker you can find three of in the G League.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1432352628353159175

I like that the Raptors might still be pushing the Simmons button. I don't know if a trade would be good, but trades are fun. Trading for Simmons would be cool.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
why keep the Ben Simmons you have when you can instead trade for some combination of the 10 worse versions of Ben Simmons currently on the raptors roster

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

MourningView posted:

why keep the Ben Simmons you have when you can instead trade for some combination of the 10 worse versions of Ben Simmons currently on the raptors roster

The Raptors are gonna keep them. Siakam, Barnes, all of them. They're gonna cruise to the NBA title scoring 25 points a game.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Ulysses Grant was a celebrated equestrian, and could pull some zany feats like "hang sideways off a horse to put the horse between himself and sniper fire". So, while he would be quite short by basketball standards, I think some of that has to translate to not just raw athleticism, balance, and core strength, but also excellent situational awareness and court vision.

Grant could be Lincoln's point guard, is what I am saying.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Grant is Paul Pierce (peed himself

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the raptors are finally answering the question of “can you win with five second bananas?”

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Sherman's March to the Hoop

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

Ulysses Grant was a celebrated equestrian, and could pull some zany feats like "hang sideways off a horse to put the horse between himself and sniper fire". So, while he would be quite short by basketball standards, I think some of that has to translate to not just raw athleticism, balance, and core strength, but also excellent situational awareness and court vision.

Grant could be Lincoln's point guard, is what I am saying.

Grant is more an Artest style drunk defensive wing who can do some ball handling. You'd need a Castro-level PG from the American presidency to really let them play even 4 out 1 in offensive sets.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
May this Ghana movie poster for Space Jam bless all and expel the evil from Philadelphia.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

May this Ghana movie poster for Space Jam bless all and expel the evil from Philadelphia.

Glad the Megaman 1 box art guy is still getting work

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I have one of these for a rowdy Roddy Piper movie from the 90s, it's literally the only piece of art I own or need.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lockback posted:

Glad the Megaman 1 box art guy is still getting work

In fairness Ghana movie posters are cool as hell and honestly, they often have nothing to work with as references, so I'm usually amazed with what they come up with.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

This bit really tickled me

quote:

The Timberwolves have been motivated to find a deal for Simmons but would likely require a third team given their asset pool of Malik Beasley, Jaden McDaniels and D’Angelo Russell might not entice the 76ers.

Well, we don't have poo poo to trade, but maybe we can find a third team who will take our crap and turn it into something worthwhile...

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

lmao the 76ers are so hosed

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

xbilkis posted:

Well, we don't have poo poo to trade, but maybe we can find a third team who will take our crap and turn it into something worthwhile...

Beasley has a great contract for his production and McDaniels is a 2nd year guy that has some interest. The idea is MN would also send a bunch of picks but you need to match salaries. So if Philly wants the picks but different players you need to get a 3rd team involved.

Say Beal wants to be traded, DC might be interested in a couple young guys and a combo of a bunch of picks/swaps from Minnesota more than just Simmons. In that case MN's future firsts would be the real driver. That's why Minnesota keeps showing up in these conversations, they are willing to give up picks and future firsts could be real valuable from them.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

I want to see a Morey GM tree five team deal for Simmons.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

The Raptors are gonna keep them. Siakam, Barnes, all of them. They're gonna cruise to the NBA title scoring 25 points a game.

They'll average at least 60 points per game this year.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Beasley has a great contract for his production and McDaniels is a 2nd year guy that has some interest. The idea is MN would also send a bunch of picks but you need to match salaries. So if Philly wants the picks but different players you need to get a 3rd team involved.

Say Beal wants to be traded, DC might be interested in a couple young guys and a combo of a bunch of picks/swaps from Minnesota more than just Simmons. In that case MN's future firsts would be the real driver. That's why Minnesota keeps showing up in these conversations, they are willing to give up picks and future firsts could be real valuable from them.

You're talking a 2023 Minnesota first rounder though, not a 2022 which does change the calculus. Pick swaps are on the table but how valuable is that to a team that is already planning on bottoming out on their own anyway.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Michael Jordan’s Gun

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
One year in 2k (maybe 12 or 13) I found a fan made draft class of every US President, it owned. I wish that roster maker had kept going in the next game.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

You're talking a 2023 Minnesota first rounder though, not a 2022 which does change the calculus. Pick swaps are on the table but how valuable is that to a team that is already planning on bottoming out on their own anyway.

I think Morey is holding out for Dame/Beal which would mean additional picks from the 76ers or wherever going out. For MN it'd be the later picks (when maybe KAT leaves) that would be the juiciest.

That's not to say MN has this in the bag or anything, but the reason they are hanging around is they are signaling they'd include that kind of future asset that has been real important on superstar trades lately. The actual contracts they send out just need to be palatable, not necessarily stars.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I don't recall Charlie Villanueva being in Space Jam.

Huh.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

dokmo posted:

I want to see a Morey GM tree five team deal for Simmons.

5 teams, 21 second rounders, 3 future firsts with D&D-rear end protections on them, and somehow Jeff Green is traded in it for nostalgia.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

FakePoet posted:

I don't recall Charlie Villanueva being in Space Jam.

Huh.

I feel like that's clearly Raja Bell.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Veryslightlymad posted:

I feel like that's clearly Raja Bell.

I think we meant different ones.

But that works too.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MazelTovCocktail posted:

All the nerds that complained about Lola bunny getting desexified didn't know the danger of she became a full sultry elemental like in this poster.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Bip Roberts posted:

All the nerds that complained about Lola bunny getting desexified didn't know the danger of she became a full sultry elemental like in this poster.

That's Bugs

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I feel we're overlooking Washington here, he was tall especially for his time, a decent soldier when younger so got to assume some athleticism there, and as America's General the transition to floor general is easy. A Chris Paul type, plus his penchant for retreating dovetails nicely with first round exits.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Washington let himself get bloodlet to death, he's would deffo having ended up deep into like crossfit and burnt his body out in like three years.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Second tallest president is LBJ, like Scottie Pippen, shot the king in the back

Third tallest is Donald Trump?? That can't be right. They honestly measured this guy in lifts. This guy is not 6'3

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/11/proof-donald-trump-not-tall-says-7621201/ HERES SOME DEBUNKING FOR YOU DEBUNK HEADS

I would guess about 5'11 before the shoe lifts. Maybe 6' even

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 30, 2021

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

dokmo posted:

I have one of these for a rowdy Roddy Piper movie from the 90s, it's literally the only piece of art I own or need.

Hell Comes To Frogtown?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

verbal enema posted:

Hell Comes To Frogtown?

Nope

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Third tallest is Donald Trump?? That can't be right. They honestly measured this guy in lifts. This guy is not 6'3

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/11/proof-donald-trump-not-tall-says-7621201/ HERES SOME DEBUNKING FOR YOU DEBUNK HEADS

Barron's so gargantuan that I can believe Trump was 6'3" at some point in his life but probably has shrunk over time. Either way, constantly revised heights and sitting around on television being fat and an rear end in a top hat makes Trump the Charles Barkley of presidents.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Dejan Bimble posted:

For more comparison, there’s pics of him with Obama (6’1.5), Clinton (6’2) and HW (6’2) as well that have him even at best and probably shortest of the pack but in the same ballpark. Young Trump does look appreciably taller than old Raegan (6’1 but that’s probably before old senile person compression).

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Probably Magic posted:

Barron's so gargantuan that I can believe Trump was 6'3" at some point in his life but probably has shrunk over time. Either way, constantly revised heights and sitting around on television being fat and an rear end in a top hat makes Trump the Charles Barkley of presidents.

he's huge because of slovenian genes, they are literally the second or third tallest group of people on earth (i think the tallest are the sudanese group manute bol comes from)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MourningView posted:

Abe shouldve hooped instead of tryna preserve the union cause he tall as hell!

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
barron will fit perfectly in to today's anime hooper game

well, tomorrow's as i can assume the nba will become more animepilled

Brolander fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 30, 2021