Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

happyhippy posted:

Posting this from the toilet on my phone.
There is no paper in here, can someone send me some blockchain please.

123, but you gotta send a bigger tip if you want the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

conveniently leaving out all the posts that said it will never surpass $X, you'll never be able to exchange large sums of it safely, it will never be recognized as legal tender by any country, it will never gain acceptance by financial regulators, etc. etc.

thread has been pretty consistently wrong, despite being right that it is fundamentally worthless (this fact demonstrably doesn't matter)

e: at this point i have fully lost faith in humanity and am willing to believe with no surprise that blockchain or w/e the gently caress is the future of money. i don't own any and hopefully never will, but i admire thread regulars persistent beliefs that this is a fad. i've lost hope

Are you genuinely looking at that "Bitcoin beach" thing and seeing it as successful?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

HootTheOwl posted:

Airplane drones are actually easier to automate because there's no obstacles or traffic in the air so telling the plane "go full throttle while pulling back on the yolk. Good, now dip your wings until you're facing waypoint one. Ok see ya" isn't difficult.

pinning your safety on big sky theory is a bold move, lets see how it plays out

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

Airplane drones are actually easier to automate because there's no obstacles or traffic in the air so telling the plane "go full throttle while pulling back on the yolk. Good, now dip your wings until you're facing waypoint one. Ok see ya" isn't difficult.
Landing is tricky but if the drone is worthless enough just let it crash and fix it.

This mf about to learn about wind

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Somfin posted:

Are you genuinely looking at that "Bitcoin beach" thing and seeing it as successful?

More like bitcoin breach :ocelot: :grin:

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Somfin posted:

This mf about to learn about wind

Right now it's mostly quadcopters, but many autonomous drones handle wind amazingly well with relatively simple control schemes. The bigger the aircraft, the easier it is to account for.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I didn't know this was the the avionics thread, I'll make sure I post more detail about drones next time.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

I just want to know when the blockchain is going to disrupt the aviation industry personally.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Zil posted:

I just want to know when the blockchain is going to disrupt the aviation industry personally.

It's already got the Balloning industry. Perhaps you've heard of Tether?

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Zil posted:

The world is already using more than 7 planes every second.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

latinotwink1997 posted:

How difficult would it be to actually turn that bitcoin into $41m in your bank account? It sounds like that’s the hard part.

Very easily, Telsa were impressed by the liquidity of the market and how little it moved when they sold hundreds of millions worth of bitcoin.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

conveniently leaving out all the posts that said it will never surpass $X, you'll never be able to exchange large sums of it safely, it will never be recognized as legal tender by any country, it will never gain acceptance by financial regulators, etc. etc.

thread has been pretty consistently wrong, despite being right that it is fundamentally worthless (this fact demonstrably doesn't matter)

e: at this point i have fully lost faith in humanity and am willing to believe with no surprise that blockchain or w/e the gently caress is the future of money. i don't own any and hopefully never will, but i admire thread regulars persistent beliefs that this is a fad. i've lost hope

You're 100% right but cognitive dissonance will prevent anybody ITT from admitting they were wrong. They're too busy huffing copium lol.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I wonder if there is a metric for the total real wealth gained vs wealth lost after sale. Seeing as how bitcoin is not a real money i want to see how much actual money people have collectively gained after they sold it for profit or at a lost.

I know some people have made out but is the money gained more than the total money lost.

Do coiners just keep all thier coin? Are they playing that market and selling like 1 at a time it at profit? At a lost?

Wtf are you doing with this poo poo that makes it whatever price your asking for it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

salt shakeup posted:

Very easily, Telsa were impressed by the liquidity of the market and how little it moved when they sold hundreds of millions worth of bitcoin.

I am impressed by the liquidity of your brain.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

What the hell is your av now?

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

VCs like a16z and bankers like alameda and cumberland have lobbyists, goons have occasional mod probes

:thunk:

https://protos.com/tether-minted-usdt-stablecoin-crypto-two-alameda-cumberland/

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hihohe posted:

I wonder if there is a metric for the total real wealth gained vs wealth lost after sale. Seeing as how bitcoin is not a real money i want to see how much actual money people have collectively gained after they sold it for profit or at a lost.

I know some people have made out but is the money gained more than the total money lost.

Do coiners just keep all thier coin? Are they playing that market and selling like 1 at a time it at profit? At a lost?

Wtf are you doing with this poo poo that makes it whatever price your asking for it.

we can set an upper bound, the maximum potential loss across the entire ecosystem is equal to the price paid for currently held coins by all current holders plus the total cost of all electricity and equipment ever used to mine minus the face value of all existing tether.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zil posted:

What the hell is your av now?

It's everyone's favourite Star Wars character Babu Frik. No, I didn't buy it.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

shame on an IGA posted:

we can set an upper bound, the maximum potential loss across the entire ecosystem is equal to the price paid for currently held coins by all current holders plus the total cost of all electricity and equipment ever used to mine minus the face value of all existing tether.
We'd also need to figure out a way to account for crypto helping accelerate us towards global environmental catastrophe too.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

jokes posted:

NFTs are newer shittier versions of garbage pail kids but somehow more useless and valueless.

Bad example: my boy found like 100 of my Garbage Pail Kids cards/stickers when he was 7. I knew he loved me, but that day, that day he respected me as former 7 year old boy.

Then he gave me a cigarette and a swig of his Boone’s Farm Strawberry wine…

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

DerekSmartymans posted:

Bad example: my boy found like 100 of my Garbage Pail Kids cards/stickers when he was 7. I knew he loved me, but that day, that day he respected me as former 7 year old boy.

Then he gave me a cigarette and a swig of his Boone’s Farm Strawberry wine…

I'm assuming the cigarette was unfiltered?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

happyhippy posted:

If you need toilet paper, you must have already pushed the Blockchain out.

Look down and behind you.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Zil posted:

I'm assuming the cigarette was unfiltered?

“The Marlboro Third-grader” kept getting his ads pulled by commies at Twitter.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

happyhippy posted:

Sorry but I can't spare a square, I have no square to spare.

putin is a cunt fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 1, 2021

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Sorry but I can't spare a square, I have square to spare.

what movie did u like?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you hold coin forever, hold in poo poo forever.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

happyhippy posted:

The three seashells are fee

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

salt shakeup posted:

You're 100% right but cognitive dissonance will prevent anybody ITT from admitting they were wrong. They're too busy huffing copium lol.

Nothing sadder than a true believer with nothing to show for their faith

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

Somfin posted:

Nothing sadder than a true believer with nothing to show for their faith

See? my point proved lol.

Hihohe posted:

Do some research and you will find out.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

salt shakeup posted:

See? my point proved lol.

How much money- actual spendable money- have you personally and directly made off of crypto?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Post more coiners to laugh at, IMO.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Fame Douglas posted:

Post more coiners to laugh at, IMO.

This cow poo poo on the ground tastes awful. Sure am glad I didn’t step in it!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/verge/status/1432827048079265797?s=20

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Should've donated it to charity IMO

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

salt shakeup posted:

So I did some and this is what i got

Apparently this poo poo is just Not Real, and people are asking for thousands of dollars for cyber farts.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

salt shakeup posted:

Or you could just tell us the number that you've already researched as a highly knowledgeable crypto expert?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Pictured here, someone exchanging a bit coin

https://twitter.com/i/status/1429070365653929984

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Tangential, but was the sale of indulgences the original ransomware?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
A guy I work with : "I've got £4,000 in crypto, it's the future."
Me: "So you are getting into drug dealing?"
He :"No, its a good investment"
Me :"right now it is yes, what about if it crashes?"
He :"It won't crash. I've made £1,000."
Me :"On paper yes, have you looked to reduce or end your position?"
He :"Position?"
Me:"have you registered to file your tax return?
He :"What?"

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Somfin posted:

How much money- actual spendable money- have you personally and directly made off of crypto?

Forget spendable money, what percentage return does salt have on paper, anyway? Unless you're incredibly lucky and bought at the lowest of lows and did not sell through everything, with bitcoin's recent highs, it's probably something like x2-x5. Hate to break it to you, but I've had several stocks that have done x5, including one that did about x10 in only several months after they were bought out by a pharmaceutical conglomerate which means - gasp - everyone who held got a payout not from other greater fools, but from a multi-billion dollar company as hard cash deposited in their accounts. Sure, buying BTC when it was $3k would have been nice, but it would have been nicer if I did not sell AMD at $15 when I bought it at $3 and kept it until $120. You can still make gainz without the crypto bullshit, without setting your hopes on artificial pumps and Musk tweets.

small butter fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 1, 2021