Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Blame Pyrrhus posted:

I did a thing where I bought an ugly car. With an equally ugly interior.

Interior is great. Front end is inexcusably bad but the good news is when you’re driving it you can’t see it.

I’d drive it, Rancor nostrils be damned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

How does the carbon fiber genital cradle feel

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I kind of love the new BMW front ends in person, without a front plate, and in the right color.

It’s somehow less offensive to me than the last 15 years of BMWs*, and I say this as a long-time lover of the brand and E46 owner.

*except the 1 and 2 series, I like those

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

bird with big dick posted:

How does the carbon fiber genital cradle feel

I literally can’t tell it’s there. It seems like it would be annoying but even with a clutch to operate you don’t notice it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Hooray for clutch

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Blame Pyrrhus posted:

I hate the front end, but I love the wild interior and bucket seats. Congrats!

I say, as I'm semi-on-the-hunt for an ND2 Miata with Recaros.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
The car is hideous as gently caress in pictures and looks fine in person, it’s the weirdest thing

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
I joke about how ugly it is, but actually think it's the best looking BMW front end. Now excuse my while I duck out of the way.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

The car is hideous as gently caress in pictures and looks fine in person, it’s the weirdest thing

This has been a pretty consistent BMW thing since the Bangle-butt cars, imo. They just look better in the flesh.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Blame Pyrrhus posted:

I joke about how ugly it is, but actually think it's the best looking BMW front end.

Can't tell if you're taking the piss or not!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Blame Pyrrhus posted:

While the Jury is out on the front end, that interior is rad as hell and I applaud you for it. :golfclap:

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
m3 is a sick car, grats

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I saw one at the dealer yesterday and sorry but the front end is even worse in person, it's like a guy from the props department for a medium budget sci fi movie who's never designed a car before wanted to make a villains car look evil AND futuristic!

Notwithstanding, the interior is very cool and I absolutely love those carbon buckets and wish my m2 had them or at least a funky color, all black is boring imo.

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

MetaJew posted:

I say, as I'm semi-on-the-hunt for an ND2 Miata with Recaros.

Off topic, but is there a premium on used cars with the Recaro/BBS/Bilstein package? I've thought about selling my ND2 with those options, but all the trade-in calculators and Carmax/Carvana/etc. estimates don't have that package listed, so the offers I get are not that great.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

wzm posted:

Off topic, but is there a premium on used cars with the Recaro/BBS/Bilstein package? I've thought about selling my ND2 with those options, but all the trade-in calculators and Carmax/Carvana/etc. estimates don't have that package listed, so the offers I get are not that great.

I'm listening, and ready to make you a similar not-that-great offer if it's not black and you're located in Texas. ;)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

wzm posted:

There should be, I know when I was looking for one years ago they demanded a bit more. That's a special enough car it's worth taking a little time to post it here or to enthusiast group instead of carvana/carmax/etc and you'll probably get more.

MetaJew posted:

I'm listening, and ready to make you a similar not-that-great offer if it's not black and you're located in Texas. ;)
Shipping cars isn't that expensive, about $0.50 per mile open transport and $1 per mile enclosed.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
In all honesty, I am looking at ND2 Miatas with the Recaro package so DM me or something if/when you list it for sale.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

There should be, I know when I was looking for one years ago they demanded a bit more. That's a special enough car it's worth taking a little time to post it here or to enthusiast group instead of carvana/carmax/etc and you'll probably get more.

Shipping cars isn't that expensive, about $0.50 per mile open transport and $1 per mile enclosed.

If love to know where you're getting these quotes from.

Everyone I've talked to about moving the Subaru has quoted $1.25-1.50/mile for open transport.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

toplitzin posted:

Everyone I've talked to about moving the Subaru has quoted $1.25-1.50/mile for open transport.
His numbers line up with what I paid but perhaps it's cheaper on the coasts?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

toplitzin posted:

U-ship.com to get a general price range then manually check the big transport companies. I used Sherpa Auto Transport to move the Cayman across the country, 2450 miles enclosed for $2400. Open transport was going to be around $1500 but the car didn't have enough ground clearance for that to work.

I also have a broker I've used in the past, PM'd you their information slack. Didn't use them this time because she was on vacation and didn't get back to me until after I had everything lined up.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Sep 2, 2021

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
I had to replace the parking brake cables in the corolla (because apparently they care about that for rallyx (and i want to turn it into a daily)), but nearly every 6mm bolt broke off. I fixed the parking brake cable lock down things like this:
I have very few fucks when it comes to this stupid thing.

self-drilling screws FTW.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Be the PO you don’t want to see in the world.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

No one *else* suffers, anyway.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

StormDrain posted:

I felt this to the core.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Look what made it out of the yard and into the driveway this weekend.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

StormDrain posted:

When you've owned something for decades, then you get to have this conversation:

"WHO WAS THE ABSOLUTE FUCKWIT WHO DID THIS"
"...oh, it was me in 1999"

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!
I did something stupid last month and got a high mileage burnout truck. Needs a good deal of work but goddamn it's a hoot to drive

4lb lower pulley, unknown tune, unknown drop kit, unknown valve body.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

A MEGA EXPLODING posted:

I did something stupid last month and got a high mileage burnout truck. Needs a good deal of work but goddamn it's a hoot to drive

Correct model label on the side though
:hmmyes:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

A MEGA EXPLODING posted:

This is very cool

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I did something stupid, but not in a good way, because I am an idiot.

Bottomed out the front driver’s side and busted off some clips holding the front fascia in place

Gonna take it to a local place to see if they can repair it with some adhesive of some kind, otherwise the whole loving front bumper needs to be replaced.

lmao, I such a loving dunce.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Just buy a plastic welder off amazon, it'll happen again :(

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!

KakerMix posted:

Correct model label on the side though
:hmmyes:

Bape Culture posted:

This is very cool

:rms:
this drat supercharger changed my life. lazy gobs of traction breaking torque is my new best friend

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

A MEGA EXPLODING posted:

this drat supercharger changed my life. lazy gobs of traction breaking torque is my new best friend

Also blower whine. All the blower whine.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Bottomed out the front driver’s side and busted off some clips holding the front fascia in place

Gonna take it to a local place to see if they can repair it with some adhesive of some kind, otherwise the whole loving front bumper needs to be replaced.
try a bunch of zipties first?

A MEGA EXPLODING posted:

i can't imagine how fun that is because ive never driven anything that could come close to doing that; seems wonderful truck! i hope it continues to you bring you all types of enjoyment

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

A MEGA EXPLODING posted:

Hell yeah

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

When you've owned something for decades, then you get to have this conversation:

"WHO WAS THE ABSOLUTE FUCKWIT WHO DID THIS"
"...oh, it was me in 1999"
The correct way to handle this is to live in the Northeast US where nothing ever lasts for decades. Can't come back to bite you if it rusts away first!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Fifty Three posted:

The correct way to handle this is to live in the Northeast US where nothing ever lasts for decades. Can't come back to bite you if it rusts away first!

I've never looked at it that way. I don't *want* to, but you're not wrong.
Thank God I don't have to (Texas - though there are other... issues. Non car-related.)

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care

2021 Giulia Super, base model (200 hp petrol AT8) with no options. It’s been fun although it sounds like dirty diesel on low revs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kivi posted:

2021 Giulia Super, base model (200 hp petrol AT8) with no options. It’s been fun although it sounds like dirty diesel on low revs.

Aw yiss