Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Jungle Boy, Luchasaurus, Penta El Zero M, & Rey Fenix vs. Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Matt Jackson, & Nick Jackson, Dynamite, 9/1

2nd, that was fun and I liked the post-match angle even if it dragged on a little. Good setup for the PPV!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

HM: Jungle Boy, Luchasaurus, Penta El Zero M, & Rey Fenix vs. Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Matt Jackson, & Nick Jackson, Dynamite, 9/1

good poo poo for a go-home nth

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: FTR vs. Proud 'n' Powerful - AEW Dynamite 9/1

Turns out you put two of the best tag teams in the world with a heated feud into a match where they get time and no injuries causing the match to end early and they loving deliver. Hell yeah, what a match.

Nth. Great story, amazing chemistry, I really hope Cash is okay or just needs some time to fully recover.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Jerusalem posted:

Turns out you put two of the best tag teams in the world with a heated feud into a match where they get time and no injuries causing the match to end early and they loving deliver. Hell yeah, what a match.

Nth. Both teams looked great, and if the Lucha Bros don’t win the straps at the ppv then PNP should dethrone the Bucks before month end.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Rockin' match

Nth. Very good 8 man.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: FTR vs. Santana/Ortiz, AEW Dynamite, 01/09
HM: Tay Conti vs. Penelope Ford, AEW Dynamite, 01/09
HM: Lucha Bros/Jurassic Express vs. The Elite, AEW Dynamite, 01/09

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

nth

extremely good poo poo, probably my two fave teams in the company

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Rarity posted:

HM: FTR vs. Santana/Ortiz, AEW Dynamite, 01/09

nth to all these. but ill add the hobbs vs cage match from the same show.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

MOTYC: FTR vs. Santana/Ortiz, AEW Dynamite, 01/09
MOTYC: Lucha Bros/Jurassic Express vs. The Elite, AEW Dynamite, 01/09

FTR vs Santana and Ortiz speaks for itself, a great match with a decisive winner after months of back and forth and escalating stakes.

Tay vs Penelope was real good and I think Tay might be the best example of someone thriving in AEW's environment vs the WWE.

Main event was amazing, even though I seem to be a bit higher on it than the consensus. Lots of cool spots, Jurassic Express and the Lucha Bros work really well as a super-team, and this was probably the best outing I've seen from the Good Brothers.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Jerusalem posted:

Rarity posted:

Nth!

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Rarity posted:

NTH

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

MOTYC: FTR vs. Santana/Ortiz, AEW Dynamite, 01/09
MOTYC: Lucha Bros/Jurassic Express vs. The Elite, AEW Dynamite, 01/09

FTR vs Santana and Ortiz speaks for itself, a great match with a decisive winner after months of back and forth and escalating stakes.

Tay vs Penelope was real good and I think Tay might be the best example of someone thriving in AEW's environment vs the WWE.

Main event was amazing, even though I seem to be a bit higher on it than the consensus. Lots of cool spots, Jurassic Express and the Lucha Bros work really well as a super-team, and this was probably the best outing I've seen from the Good Brothers.

Nth these.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Arez vs. Laredo Kid, AAA AutoLuchas, March 20 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP_U1ebRwRQ

I have to strongly encourage everyone to check this out, since it's arguably the best AAA match of the year and as such the best match in Mexico to date. A very fun, fast-paced match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MOTYC
14th August
NJPW Resurgence
Moose vs Tomohiro Ishii

Tomohiro Ishii does the Tomohiro Ishii match, it rules, as always.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
14th August
NJPW Resurgence
IWGP US Heavyweight Title
Lance Archer vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

A Fancy Hat posted:

I won't quite go HM because there's so much amazing stuff on at the moment, but it's really shocking how much she only seems to have started working on her strikes and now working on a little high flying after leaving WWE. She's super fun to watch because she's an evolving wrestler.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
I wouldn't categorize Conti/Ford as good. It was good when Tay was striking Penelope but bad everywhere else. Was not smooth at all in spots.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MOTYC: Arez vs. Laredo Kid, AAA AutoLuchas, March 20 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP_U1ebRwRQ

I have to strongly encourage everyone to check this out, since it's arguably the best AAA match of the year and as such the best match in Mexico to date. A very fun, fast-paced match.
Would've said HM as I was expecting a bit longer with the video length, but sure, I'll Nth the MOTYC. We need more eyes on good lucha.

For an extra treat, watch it with Youtube's auto-translate:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
1st September
AEW Dynamite
FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) vs PNP (Ortiz & Santana)

HM
1st September
AEW Dynamite
The Elite (Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) vs Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus) & The Lucha Brothers (Penta El Zero Miedo & Rey Fenix)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Here's another MOTYC from AAA: Abismo Negro Jr. & Taurus vs. Hijo del Vikingo & Laredo Kid, AAA on Space, March 13 (I don't know if that's a taping date or an air date, unfortunately): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YVIZiXMh_gDPd3e4FDyq844kr7L4cxQg/view

Really good high flying action from the tecnicos and the rudos get to do some power moves. It's a lot of fun and slips into 4 1/2 star territory for me, along with the Arez-Laredo Kid match I posted about previously.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Here's another MOTYC from AAA: Abismo Negro Jr. & Taurus vs. Hijo del Vikingo & Laredo Kid, AAA on Space, March 13 (I don't know if that's a taping date or an air date, unfortunately): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YVIZiXMh_gDPd3e4FDyq844kr7L4cxQg/view

Really good high flying action from the tecnicos and the rudos get to do some power moves. It's a lot of fun and slips into 4 1/2 star territory for me, along with the Arez-Laredo Kid match I posted about previously.

Because I'm a dork I can confirm that's a taping date, aired 24th April according to luchadb. Which I only just found out exists but is terrific.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

It doesn't need this but I finally got around to watching this and hot drat

MOTYC Illa Dragunov v WALTER NXT Takeover 36
This was an amazing war. The commentary did it's best to ruin it but that and the camera operatiors best efforts just couldn't. The will, the stuff strikes, the back and forth and that ending. If this is the last great NXT match they ended with a bang. :drat:

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 4, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
27th August
NJPW Summer Struggle Night 20
DOUKI vs Hiromu Takahashi

Yes, standing by this being the best New Japan match since Dominion's main event between Takagi & Okada.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
29th January
Welcome To Mi Barrio
4:20 Brothers (Kamik-C & Skalibur) vs El Hijo Pantera & Pantera Jr
http://youtu.be/i0uh2IhWt_k?t=00h54m58s

Decided I need to go through Luchablog & check out some of Cubsfans recs from this year, inspired by Punch McLightning. Builds slow but steady to an exciting finish.

MOTYC
5th June
AAA on Space
AAA World Cruiserweight Title
Laredo Kid vs Latigo
http://youtu.be/Os7JwrvkbxE

HM
31st January
Lucha Libre Vanguardia
Billy Gamer, Dayami, Devitt Rodriguez, Jeff Killer & Luigi vs Ciclope, Crazy King, El Mago, Miedo Extremo & Simbolo Azteca
http://youtu.be/tkE-YRTR6Ho?t=00h56m59s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Kris Statlander vs. Jamie Hayter & Reba in a Handicap match - AEW Rampage 9/3

I was not expecting much from this match but goddamn was it a blast. Statlander is incredible.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kris Statlander vs. Jamie Hayter & Reba in a Handicap match - AEW Rampage 9/3

I was not expecting much from this match but goddamn was it a blast. Statlander is incredible.

Nth. Really fun sprint. I'd absolutely love to see Statlander vs. Hayter at some point.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

HM
29th January
Welcome To Mi Barrio
4:20 Brothers (Kamik-C & Skalibur) vs El Hijo Pantera & Pantera Jr
http://youtu.be/i0uh2IhWt_k?t=00h54m58s

HM
31st January
Lucha Libre Vanguardia
Billy Gamer, Dayami, Devitt Rodriguez, Jeff Killer & Luigi vs Ciclope, Crazy King, El Mago, Miedo Extremo & Simbolo Azteca
http://youtu.be/tkE-YRTR6Ho?t=00h56m59s

Just wanting to make sure I'm recording these ones up correctly: is there a particular promotion for these or are they just shows with various wrestlers hired for the day? Do I list it as Welcome to Mi Barrio and Lucha Libre Vanguardia respectively?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Darby Allin vs. Daniel Garcia, Rampage, 9/3

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah agreed

Crazy thing is NJPW Strong is airing Garcia vs Alexander this week which should also slap

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Nth. loving wild that they went this hard before a PPV.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nth. I've started watching AEW now and I hope Garcia and 2.0 stay all over the TV shows after this Punk/Allin thing is done because they rule.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nth. I've started watching AEW now and I hope Garcia and 2.0 stay all over the TV shows after this Punk/Allin thing is done because they rule.

I hope he keeps working Strong too as I want Narita/Garcia for a full singles match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Just wanting to make sure I'm recording these ones up correctly: is there a particular promotion for these or are they just shows with various wrestlers hired for the day? Do I list it as Welcome to Mi Barrio and Lucha Libre Vanguardia respectively?

Yes, they are both promotions that run regularly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AEW Rampage 9/03
HM: Malakai Black vs Lee Johnson
HM: Kris Statlander vs Rebel & Jamie Hayter (Handicap Match)
HM: Darby Allin (w/ Sting) vs Daniel Garcia (w/ 2point0)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

i would be astonished if garcia isn't going directly into danielson's first feud

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Rampage 9/03

These two for me

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Seconded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Rampage 9/03
HM: Malakai Black vs Lee Johnson

Nth to these. Rampage is awesome.