Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

GORDON posted:

IF THEY ARE STILL SELLING THE EXACT SAME MODEL:

1. Purchase new one at sale price.
2. Walk the unopened box right over to customer service
3. Tell them you wish to return the one you purchased two months ago, at the full price.

A Costco customer service rep taught me that. For me it was the $400 laser printer that went on sale for $320 , 3 months later.

I really wish I had done that for an LED shop light that was doa or died very soon after I bought it. The guy gave me a hard time and wouldnt let me return it without a receipt. I drove home and got the receipt and back and then bought a new one. Why didn't I just buy a new one and use that receipt to return the old one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

StormDrain posted:

I really wish I had done that for an LED shop light that was doa or died very soon after I bought it. The guy gave me a hard time and wouldnt let me return it without a receipt. I drove home and got the receipt and back and then bought a new one. Why didn't I just buy a new one and use that receipt to return the old one?

some of these things are serialized so it's probably best just to get a manager to make the exception or whatever (if it's something like a printer or a vacuum cleaner, less so if its LED strip lights)

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
i thought costco keeps a record of your purchases in the system so no receipt is necessary. is it different for electronics?

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Yeah that seems weird… we go to Costco a lot and they’ve never asked for a receipt for anything… even price matching/adjustments, which I know is weird

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
100% of your purchases are easily searchable in their system.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

GORDON posted:

100% of your purchases are easily searchable in their system.

It's only easily searchable if they know exactly what they're looking for, and that's not always the case. If you don't have the receipt, then they have to figure out the item number of the thing you're returning, which might be easy but also it might not be because they change item numbers for stuff all the time. Then they have to look through your purchase history for that item number. If it's something you only got once then cool it'll pop right up. But if it's something you buy regularly then they have to find out which one of the numerous transactions it came from, because prices change and they also need to know if it was on sale when you bought it so they can refund you the correct amount.

You can say 'I bought this item 6 months ago' which helps narrow down, but you'd be surprised how often someone returns something saying they got it 6 months ago, and after 5 minutes of looking it turns out they actually got it 3 years ago.

Basically, yes they can find stuff in their system, but sometimes not easily. Lots of people don't keep their receipts (I only keep mine when I buy something expensive), but if you do have it bringing it in to return something will have significantly less hassle.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Fartington Butts posted:

Did it just look like someone pumped hand sanitizer or glue on their dog?

I would assume so. I didn't use it or hover over someone to check out their glazed hot dog. Or the Costco kimchi. Though I did stare for a moment at an ajumma filling her entire purse (directly, no bag) with chopped onions from the dispenser.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Grand Fromage posted:

Though I did stare for a moment at an ajumma filling her entire purse (directly, no bag) with chopped onions from the dispenser.
Who was it that was talking about purse onions earlier?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

BeAuMaN posted:

Who was it that was talking about purse onions earlier?

I might've posted about it before. Also I can't remember if I was there with another goon or not. A few lived in town and mooched off my membership.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I'm purse onions but I put mine in a tupperware and bring them from home. It's not weird.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

The hatch 505 is super good on beefy beans and rice. Much like giardiniera, it instantly turns whatever it touches into salad.

PBUC.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Costco has the super soft fuzzy Pendleton blankets for $20 right now. My house now has two and they are loving wonderful. Doubly so be sure they are twin sized!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

How's the regular bedding at Costco? Just discovered a massive tear ok my favorite set :smith:

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

NewFatMike posted:

How's the regular bedding at Costco? Just discovered a massive tear ok my favorite set :smith:

We have some flannel sheets from them that are nice in the winter. No complaints.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

NewFatMike posted:

Whats regular bedding? Sheets, blankets, comforters?

I buy all my sheets there and from the cheapest to the middle expensive they've been great.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Yeah that type of stuff - I was trying to differentiate from the good sounding blankets mentioned just before my post. Glad to hear it's looking good, thanks guys!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

NewFatMike posted:

Yeah that type of stuff - I was trying to differentiate from the good sounding blankets mentioned just before my post. Glad to hear it's looking good, thanks guys!

I don't know why... I just went online to check the reviews of the sheets I like. 8500 5 star reviews. I was curious what would make 300 people give a 1 star or a 3 star and I guess some people just cannot be pleased.

My favorite was someone who clearly doesn't know how to make a bed though.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

StormDrain posted:

I don't know why... I just went online to check the reviews of the sheets I like. 8500 5 star reviews. I was curious what would make 300 people give a 1 star or a 3 star and I guess some people just cannot be pleased.

My favorite was someone who clearly doesn't know how to make a bed though.

I can not parse this person describing sheets

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

they believe that a person must put the pretty side of the flat sheet facing up when making a bed. so if you have a sheet that's softer on the pretty side, they think you are required by the laws of the universe to not have that side of the sheet touching your skin :pseudo:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

PokeJoe posted:

update: it's 1am and my dad just emerged from his bedroom to open the 2nd jar of olives

This is seriously an insane amount of salt and maybe sat fat. For example someone who has hypertension could actually be affected.

Just a heads up

Spinz fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 3, 2021

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

NewFatMike posted:

If it's terrible, you can always return it. PBUC!

But seriously, like most of the stuff they bring in, they picked it because they didn't think it was terrible. I've had great luck with their sheets. My only complaint about their bedding is that people are on it like jackals. If you've got color preferences or have a cal king, you've gotta be there the day it gets stocked.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Managed to get the green ones I wanted, gonna put them through the wash and sleep tight.

Thanks for the help friendos!

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009
Bought my second jar of 505 chiles. drat that stuff is good

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I might put some in the vegan macaroni, which is rather good as a base for putting whatever the hell in there.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got a laptop from Costco 2 years ago that died a few months ago but I was too lazy to do anything about it. I called their concierge service and they're going to send me a new charger to see if that's it. If that doesn't work they'll fix/replace it for me probably.

I'm not sure how long my warranty is but they said it's within 2 years so it's fine. I also bought it with my Costco credit card so I think that extends the warranty another 2 years or so.

PBUC

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got a laptop from Costco 2 years ago that died a few months ago but I was too lazy to do anything about it. I called their concierge service and they're going to send me a new charger to see if that's it. If that doesn't work they'll fix/replace it for me probably.

I'm not sure how long my warranty is but they said it's within 2 years so it's fine. I also bought it with my Costco credit card so I think that extends the warranty another 2 years or so.

PBUC

Yup, most computers get 2 years mfg warranty + 2 year extended with the Costco card. Good job!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the enchilads I made with the 505 were great but my favorite use has to be on top of cheezy scrumbled eggs. perfection.

breakfast burrito in my future :thunk:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
When I make scrambled eggs at home I always put salsa on them. These 505 chilis look enticing.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Pumped my own mustard and relish but Still no drat onions. I also had a customer ask me for help on the products in two seperate locations. What's the difference between these two pistachios? How long is this LED rope light?

We're going out for coffee later.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Boba Ice Cream bars are like crack cocaine, never seen them before, wish I bought more than 2, doubt they'll be more when I go back.... but seriously holy poo poo they're good.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

When I make scrambled eggs at home I always put salsa on them. These 505 chilis look enticing.

Do it. The 505 converted me to a salsa on eggs person.

I had an interesting experience on my last trip. During check out when they scanned my card the cashier called out to some runner. I had a moment of anxiety thinking I had inadvertently broken some protocol. Nope! Turns out I have spent enough to break even on an executive membership and they wanted to talk me into upgrading. They pro-rated me the rest of the year so I went for it.

Very convenient system they have there.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

maniacripper posted:

Boba Ice Cream bars are like crack cocaine, never seen them before, wish I bought more than 2, doubt they'll be more when I go back.... but seriously holy poo poo they're good.

Yes, get them while they are still around.

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )
Anyone got that ninja 9 in 1 air fryer+everything that is on sale this month? It seems amazing, and I want one

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

maniacripper posted:

I just bought my first box earlier today of the brown sugar, haven't ever had them before :haw:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

maniacripper posted:

I'm stocking up when I see them because I'm pretty sure it was 2-3 months they stopped carrying them for.

Also when do chest freezers go on sale?

Gotta stock up on 505 when I can too, it's becoming an every meal thing its just that good.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Sep 5, 2021

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

CraigSlice posted:

Anyone got that ninja 9 in 1 air fryer+everything that is on sale this month? It seems amazing, and I want one

I don't have one, but my friend does. It's pretty convenient if you think you'll use more than 2-3 of the functions, it just doesn't do any of them excellently. Definitely good enough though; the only real issue is that it's enormous. Make sure you have the room for it.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

CraigSlice posted:

My Coworker uses the Ninja Foodi Pro XL, which is the one that's almost twice the size. Him and his partner tried 6 different units and that's the one that stuck for them. I picked it up at Kohls for ~$162 after 40% coupon, but haven't set it up yet. If you do order from Kohls, Only order store pickup. They shipped the drat thing out in the product package; literally just slapped a shipping label on it. A thin-layer cardboard box that has a wide 1-2-3 bottom (that's a type of box that has the hook-shaped flaps that go together). UPS beat the package to hell (after leaving it on the truck for an extra 2 days since they lied about me being unavailable) and it dropped out of the box while I was carrying it to the table. I exchanged it at Kohls 1 for 1, no questions asked (not even a receipt) and the person working there told me corporate doesn't give them a shipping box that large. Complained to corporate and the manufacturer.

Thus, the lesson: Other stores are perilous unlike The Church.

Anyhow, if that one is anything like the bigger one, then it probably cooks stuff just fine. Coworker and partner use theirs regularly.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Sep 5, 2021

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Picked up a pair of those Orvis flannels at my local church. They're more of a chore overshirt, so you may want to get it a size up. They are comfy as all hell, though. And only like $17, so pretty dang good.

I'm now extra excited for the autumn weather.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

NewFatMike posted:

Picked up a pair of those Orvis flannels at my local church. They're more of a chore overshirt, so you may want to get it a size up. They are comfy as all hell, though. And only like $17, so pretty dang good.

I'm now extra excited for the autumn weather.

I did too, but ended up having to pick up a small off Costco Dot Com, since my store only had M and up. Michigan is a pretty fat state though, can't blame them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

pentyne posted:

I'm stocking up when I see them because I'm pretty sure it was 2-3 months they stopped carrying them for.

gently caress I should've bought more, I just tried my first one last night and WOW