Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
So essentially every deadline is going to be 11PM EDT / 8PM PDT, which translates to, what, 4AM in London and 5AM in Spain? So I apologize in advance that you won't be around for deadlines.

And yes, if you will be out of town this upcoming weekend for the American Labor Day holiday, feel free to post about it now, I am sympathetic and will probably make the Day 1 deadline preemptively floating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Give us roles and a deadline tonight.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Sandwolf posted:

Give us roles and a deadline tonight.

Hell yeah :twisted:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

So essentially every deadline is going to be 11PM EDT / 8PM PDT, which translates to, what, 4AM in London and 5AM in Spain? So I apologize in advance that you won't be around for deadlines.

And yes, if you will be out of town this upcoming weekend for the American Labor Day holiday, feel free to post about it now, I am sympathetic and will probably make the Day 1 deadline preemptively floating.

thank u

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ecco sent me my PM early. It’s a doozy

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hey, in case any of my other scums don’t have PMs, how should we coordinate?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

EccoRaven posted:

I am moving to a different city this weekend. I hope to be pretty regularly available by Sunday/Monday but I have no idea what poo poo will happen and whether I'll even have internet at all!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

merk posted:

Hey, in case any of my other scums don’t have PMs, how should we coordinate?

This is a scum slip

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

I'm going to be on vacation next week so probably posting more in the evenings.

But hey, folks are going to say I'm lurking no matter what, so it's all irrelevant.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to be on vacation next week so probably posting more in the evenings.

But hey, folks are going to say I'm lurking no matter what, so it's all irrelevant.

Already trying to push a narrative, I have my vote loaded scumbo.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Role PMs are complete, I am sending them out now. Please do not spam the thread with posts like "RECEIVED MY PM!! CONFIRMED! I GOT IT! I GOT A ROLE!".

Instead spam the thread with the following sentence, with the first letter in each word capitalized:

I understand that if I do not unvote my vote will not be removed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

RECEIVED MY PM!! CONFIRMED! I GOT IT! I GOT A ROLE!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I UnDeRsTaNd ThAt If I Do NoT UnVoTe My VoTe WiLl NoT Be ReMoVeD

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I don't have a PM but where is the scum doc gonna be? Just asking for the hell of it...

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I don't understand poo poo

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hi

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I understand that if I do not unvote my vote will not be removed, for I live now within a bubble, a kind of antiquarian's play-place, a garden in time where the trees bear fruit of strange bureaucracy.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I understanD thaT iF I dO noT unvotE mY votE wilL noT bE removeD.

I do have a little bit of a medical procedure tomorrow so I may be sleeping most of the day but hopefully I'll be active Saturday.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Confirming That I Am Vanilla Town.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hooray! Everyone should have their role PMs; check your inboxes. Thank you for being patient with me!

For reference, all the role PMs look something like this:

The Standard Vanilla PM posted:

Max - Matilda Aevis - Laborer (town-aligned vanilla)
You never asked for much in life; a hot bowl of soup and some fresh bread, a roof over your head, and a soft bed to lay your head. What more does one need? And for the most part your job at the soap factory provides this and more, but it does so at the expense of your health. You have personally been affected by or seen your fellow coworkers burned by the lye, fall on the job, smash their fingers on the machinery, heck, one employee even lost an eye during a vat explosion. For a long time you just accepted it as how the world works, and though you wished it weren't so, you didn't imagine it could be different. Until Julie Więcek started working here. She convinced you that together, joined into a "union" of laborers, you were more powerful than management, and could force them to give in to your demands. You've been striking for a week, and while you were feeling demoralized, Julie's sudden murder has enraged you. Now you need to prove her dream a reality by working together, learning who to trust, and rooting out the finks in your ranks.
You are a townie. You seek to continue the strike until management gives in to your demands, and as such win when all who oppose the strike are removed from the game. You have the normal powers of posting and voting freely.
You have no other exceptional powers or abilities at this time.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

Character names are generated randomly using various easy-to-find internet programs, as well as random Wikipedia articles and my own creativity.

Flips will look like this:

:s: Player Name, Character Name, Flavor Title (alignment-aligned role), died in a flavor-specific way. :s:

Example:

:s: Max, Matilda Aevis, Laborer (town-aligned vanilla), fell into a vat of boiling oil night 0. :s:

The game should be beginning shortly!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote My Vote Will Not Be Removed.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote My Vote Will Not Be Removed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
With Julie's murder, the laborers were energized. They were chomping at the bit, ready to find her killers and bring them to justice. Showing management that they are powerful, together, will send a message: give us what we want, for we cannot be stopped.

But first you have to stop the scum. Good luck!

:s: Dragnix, Julie Więcek, The Spark (town-aligned mason recruiter), was beaten to death night 0. :s:

It is now Day 1.

:h: With 17 alive it takes 9 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Tuesday, September 7th, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / Wednesday ~4AM GMT, ~5AM CEST

Good luck!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

What?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

hey dudes, understand that if I do not unvote my vote will not be removed.

Also I don't know how to unignore somberbrero lmao

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (17): b-minus1, CCKeane, gay for gacha, George Kansas, GulagDolls, Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, Ixtlilton, Lotus Aura, Maerlyn, merk, Pinterest Mom, Sandwolf, Shellception, Somberbrero, t a s t e, Toalpaz

:h: With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is September 07th, 2021 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's about 5 days, 1 hour from this post.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Oh I just got it! I gotta unvote or my vote will not be removed!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Ixtlilton posted:

hey dudes, understand that if I do not unvote my vote will not be removed.

Also I don't know how to unignore somberbrero lmao

User Control Panel --> Edit Ignore List I think?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Maerlyn posted:

User Control Panel --> Edit Ignore List I think?

oh nice that worked, I just went to his profile and it still just said add user to your ignore list. thanks

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If I vote another player with my vote already on a player it will be tallied like everyone else’s vote.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m not scum

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

did we decide yet if we were soap boys or soup boys? Are the scum soupy soup boys?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Lotus Aura

This is a real vote!!!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

If I vote another player with my vote already on a player it will be tallied like everyone else’s vote.

I wanted to do this bit kinda :sigh:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

I wanted to do this bit kinda :sigh:

We can share it (:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I would never troll my friend Ecco, she's too good for yal'l.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Sandwolf posted:

We can share it (:

I dropped the I from mine in copy/pasting so it's actually a public service announcement for ya'll instead of an acknowledgement by me and wow I spelled acknowledgement right I was expecting to be corrected

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I wanted to start voting people and revolting without unvoting, and being like: what? Is? Happening?? I didnt sign up for this!!

It would probably have been very original and unique and funny...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

First and foremost - Eat the Rich

also ##vote taste because he's a rascal