Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

toggle posted:

papa bear to all units, red dog, red dog, casualty count is high, move to reinforce outpost immediately

The nostalgia feels

ZeusCannon posted:

With the various game size differences will the older version games on console be in their own lobbies?

Yes. PS4/Xbox One and their Pro variants are on a 64 player lobby. PS5/Xbox Series S/X and PC are on the 128 player lobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

PittTheElder posted:

I think on most servers you could even come top-10 in points without even firing your weapon, just run around healing/reviving/resupplying people and be a body on points.

this is the only reason my rank is above Private First Class in BF1/V

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

this is the only reason my rank is above Private First Class in BF1/V

Counterpoint, the BAR was hilariously OP for a long time. Hipfire mag dumping that thing was a delete key for anything in a fifteen degree radius.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Beta on the 22nd? I’ll just wait a few more weeks for the actual release

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Beastie posted:

Beta on the 22nd? I’ll just wait a few more weeks for the actual release

Free beta on 9/22, paid beta starting 10/22

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Looking back at the last 3 Battlefields

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RUdOpT0K1k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxRehnSKlDY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDyrYNcP8pc

Yeah that's right, Hardline is the third last Battlefield, not 4

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 5, 2021

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Maybe that will get Hardline a bit more active. Time to download to find out!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Hardline was fun. But everything pales next to BF1.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

The United States posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDyrYNcP8pc

Yeah that's right, Hardline is the third last Battlefield, not 4

I somehow never knew Hardline had a grappling hook. Would have been a day 1 purchase if I did goddammit

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I somehow never knew Hardline had a grappling hook. Would have been a day 1 purchase if I did goddammit

And ziplines!

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
I hate irnv with a passion. I hope I can use flairs in BF 2042.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

Hardline was fun. But everything pales next to BF1.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

Hardline was fun. But everything pales next to BF4.

Couldnt agree more.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I've seen rumor that the first four Portal maps are gonna be Locker, Metro, Wake, and Shanghai.

What the gently caress DICE, you really gonna do my Arica Harbor like that?

Just like, gently caress Locker and Metro forever. One or the other sure but not both

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 5, 2021

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The first four portal maps should be Hamada, Hamada, Hamada and Hamada.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

And ziplines!

Zip lines were the best addition. Just fun all around and actually useful!

If you were slick, you could shoot them through an open door or window and land in relative safety.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Beach Bum posted:

I've seen rumor that the first four Portal maps are gonna be Locker, Metro, Wake, and Shanghai.

Just like, gently caress Locker and Metro forever. One or the other sure but not both

Arica Harbor was already announced as one of the launch maps.

Arica Harbor, El Alamein, Battle of the Bulge, Valparaiso, Caspian Border, and Noshahr Canals.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

This thread made me realize the map I missed was Damavand Peak

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Beach Bum posted:

None of those are portal maps yet

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Inspector Hound posted:

This thread made me realize the map I missed was Damavand Peak

Really hoping to see damavand concept ripped off and just put into one of the new maps if we don't get a full-on remake

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Damavand Peak was such a good map.

I'm not even talking about the balance, the mountain jump and the tunnel made it so unique that it was fun in it's own way.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Yami Fenrir posted:

Damavand Peak was such a good map.

I'm not even talking about the balance, the mountain jump and the tunnel made it so unique that it was fun in it's own way.

Iirc it was always a bit stacked toward the defense, but yea that base jump is a battlefield all timer.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Oh it's 100% the base jump at the beginning, I have almost no recollection of the rest of the map

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

The rest of the map is a tunnel choke point that a tank and his repair squad camp. You can take a chopper over it but you just get blown up as soon as you go over the mountain. The cliff jump in rush is great but the map is painful otherwise.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Philman posted:

The rest of the map is a tunnel choke point that a tank and his repair squad camp. You can take a chopper over it but you just get blown up as soon as you go over the mountain. The cliff jump in rush is great but the map is painful otherwise.

There’s a set of rush caps in two buildings between the base jump and the tunnel killing floor, but other than that, this post is correct.

e: I think the conquest version of this map does away with the base at the top of the mountain and the jump entirely while only using the tunnel and the two bases at either end, but I may be misremembering.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea conquest has just the tunnel and bases on either end. I remember always trying to fly my little bird through the tunnel.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sounds like they should just slap the base jump on both sides of metro and locker conquest, problem solved

e more seriously, I don't want to insta-die the moment a building starts to collapse, give me a chance to jump off or run out for Pete's sake. Also if I'm standing in a sturdy doorway or perfectly underneath a skylight I should survive.

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 6, 2021

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Alright how then hell do I get a ps5 without paying $ebay before this is released? Do I have to keep nowinstock.com open 24/7 on my PC with my speakers at max?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Alright how then hell do I get a ps5 without paying $ebay before this is released? Do I have to keep nowinstock.com open 24/7 on my PC with my speakers at max?

Join a stock tracking discord. I got one for a friend last week after a week

https://discord.gg/ynK2EMXZ

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

Join a stock tracking discord. I got one for a friend last week after a week

https://discord.gg/ynK2EMXZ

Fantastic. Thank you for probably making me spend $800!

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Irish's actor just died. RIP

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/michael-k-williams-the-wire-star-dead-at-54-1235009002/

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 6, 2021

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

This, but a PC

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That’s Omar

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

100% make sure you are signed up for the Sony Direct buy system. You have to have PS+ active. Google up some instructions because you have to opt into a specific setting ON CONSOLE itself not just the website its dumb.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Do I need to preorder this to get into the next beta, or is that not confirmed yet?

Keen to play, looks good to me.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Crafty posted:

Do I need to preorder this to get into the next beta, or is that not confirmed yet?

Keen to play, looks good to me.

Preorder gets you into beta early but isn't required

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
do we know how health is gonna work in this one? do you push a heal yourself button like in 5

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Captain Beans posted:

100% make sure you are signed up for the Sony Direct buy system. You have to have PS+ active. Google up some instructions because you have to opt into a specific setting ON CONSOLE itself not just the website its dumb.

I can’t for the life of me find out how. The direct website says it’s sold out with no way to sign up for an invite. Every other website says just to have a PSN account and hope for an email? I’ve got a ps4 and ps+ but have never seen an email.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Captain Beans posted:

Not 100% sure on this, I hadn't used my Sony account for ages, PS+ had lapsed and still got a PS5 disc version trough Sony Direct :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

I can’t for the life of me find out how. The direct website says it’s sold out with no way to sign up for an invite. Every other website says just to have a PSN account and hope for an email? I’ve got a ps4 and ps+ but have never seen an email.

on your PS4 go to:

Go to Account > Notification Preferences

Check the box that reads:

Yes, I am interested in receiving marketing materials from Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE). I understand I can unsubscribe at any time

or something just like that, after you should receive like one marketing email a week. If you get those marketing emails you have turned all the correct switches on.