Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/RampCapitalLLC/status/1434564593741934600

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

i laughed surprisingly hard at this

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The most interesting thing about this is that is completely proves that cats are aware that things like mirrors and video feeds where they can see themselves and us are in fact reflections/images.

for some reason i didn't think they could tell that, but yeah, very clearly they can

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Progressive JPEG posted:

i'm the shameful third party memory card that cost $3 less than the official one but that didn't fit flush in the controller slot

that was my friend's n64 i had borrowed. iirc the thumbstick on the controller had a poo poo load of play in one direction, but it was the only first party one they had, all the rest were some madcatz trash that worked even worse

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

i don't want to have to explicitly download things from dropbox to my phone though and then delete them - i would like to be able to select "upload to postimg" from a context menu, thus avoiding the need to download and delete (and maybe have them show up in my camera roll as separate, duplicated images). this functionality is generally provided with apps.

a postimg shortcut thing might work too but idk if safari exposes enough features to the shortcut api. i'm not gonna mess with it but i'd be stoked if someone else did
i don't have dropbox anymore, but I can browse to my iCloud drive and upload from there just fine. if you're doing it from another site there's Upload by Url in the menu.

c'mon indy, live a little.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

holy poo poo, not clicking through or looking into it any further but that last name and username
:eyepop:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

what's amazing to me is how china is weaponizing this content against the united states

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

infernal machines posted:

that was my friend's n64 i had borrowed. iirc the thumbstick on the controller had a poo poo load of play in one direction, but it was the only first party one they had, all the rest were some madcatz trash that worked even worse

can you believe that madcatz folded once their target consumers were old enough to buy their own controllers?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yes, somehow i can

mystes
May 31, 2006

akadajet posted:

can you believe that madcatz folded once their target consumers were old enough to buy their own controllers?
Lol

I think it's really also just that everyone learned their lesson about buying third party controllers though. Even now, there's no way I'll buy something other than an xbox controller for my computer. I have really fond memories of the first joystick port gamepad I bought even though it sucked though.

mystes fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 5, 2021

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mystes posted:

Lol

I think it's really also just that everyone learned their lesson about buying third party controllers though. Even now, there's no way I'll buy something other than an xbox controller for my computer.

tbf I have a madcatz fight stick I like for when I want to pretend I know how to play street fighter. but they went bankrupt not much longer after that was released

mystes
May 31, 2006

That just reminded me, I had completely forgotten about ever owning it, but I guess I played a lot of snes games like chrono trigger and ff6 for the first time in an emulator with a Sidewinder game pad, which was at least decent quality but the buttons didn't really match up well with snes controllers. I can't remember who made the other one I had that was terrible.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mystes posted:

That just reminded me, I had completely forgotten about ever owning it, but I guess I played a lot of snes games like chrono trigger and ff6 for the first time in an emulator with a Sidewinder game pad, which was at least decent quality but the buttons didn't really match up well with snes controllers. I can't remember who made the other one I had that was terrible.

I used one of these with emulators in college. I still have it. It's alright

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mystes posted:

The Secret of Mana has completely different controls than any of the other RPGs of that same era. I didn't know this until I tried playing the remaster and got tripped up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

the perfect hardware to play sanic on:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

akadajet posted:

I used one of these with emulators in college. I still have it. It's alright

xbox elite series 3

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

akadajet posted:

i had their wireless ps2 controller and it was actually really good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

still lolling at baby bush did 9/11

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Chris Knight posted:

i don't have dropbox anymore, but I can browse to my iCloud drive and upload from there just fine. if you're doing it from another site there's Upload by Url in the menu.

c'mon indy, live a little.

I was just talking to my friend Hiro the other week about Burst magazine. it had really interesting articles about subcultures, tattoos, etc but insisted on having grisly photos from murders, death by accident, etc and it really ruined the whole experience for us.

their offshoot, Tattoo Burst had some ok stuff as long as they kept away from that poo poo but still they kept going for shock exploitation and that killed off the magazine

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/Kevin_Church/status/1434568713735340035

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I was just talking to my friend Hiro the other week about Burst magazine. it had really interesting articles about subcultures, tattoos, etc but insisted on having grisly photos from murders, death by accident, etc and it really ruined the whole experience for us.

their offshoot, Tattoo Burst had some ok stuff as long as they kept away from that poo poo but still they kept going for shock exploitation and that killed off the magazine
ah, the ol' "Let's be super edgy" play

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

ah, the ol' "Let's be super edgy" play

id be more comfortable with this if the skeleton looked like they were enjoying it. or at least indifferent

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

a local radio station was auctioning off some old equipment, I picked up this MD recorder & a bunch of discs:

It's a Sony MDS-E11 w/XLR & RCA analog I/O as well as the typical digital over RCA. I was hoping to find some old interviews or whatever on the discs that came with the unit but it seems like they're all blank.

On the plus side, it has the most ridiculous remote I've ever seen, pure 1990s Sony energy

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dang that's a good find!

Yeah I had a Sony Betamax and the remote had a jog shuttle (I loving loved it) and a poo poo-ton of buttons.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

mystes posted:

Lol

I think it's really also just that everyone learned their lesson about buying third party controllers though. Even now, there's no way I'll buy something other than an xbox controller for my computer. I have really fond memories of the first joystick port gamepad I bought even though it sucked though.

8bitdo makes some of the best wireless controllers for the Switch and they even work on the PC

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sarcastx posted:

a local radio station was auctioning off some old equipment, I picked up this MD recorder & a bunch of discs:

It's a Sony MDS-E11 w/XLR & RCA analog I/O as well as the typical digital over RCA. I was hoping to find some old interviews or whatever on the discs that came with the unit but it seems like they're all blank.

On the plus side, it has the most ridiculous remote I've ever seen, pure 1990s Sony energy

niiiice!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Dang that's a good find!

Yeah I had a Sony Betamax and the remote had a jog shuttle (I loving loved it) and a poo poo-ton of buttons.

jog dial remotes were the most amazing thing when i was a kid. just screamed "expensive gear"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Vintersorg posted:

8bitdo makes some of the best wireless controllers for the Switch and they even work on the PC

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
got ya big Sony energy covered. with bonus Technics LD

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

my 12yo did this i think it’s pretty neat really

anyway look top-right .. it says penis

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Why did you write on your kid's art?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Day nappy feathrs?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thetoddwilliams/status/844564611760304129

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mystes posted:

i remember the first pc controller I bought was a gravis gamepad pro so I could play ff vii on the pc with decent controls and i drew the ps1 shapes onto it because nothing made sense otherwise. i also played chrono cross with bleem! so it was helpful for the definitely not matching dialog instructions

when ps1 emulators got better i bought some generic (rumble?) usb dual shock controller and it was a million times better

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i lost the thumb stick immediately but idk what the goal was, to play it like atari?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

idk, but that was very much "a thing" back in those days.

i have some $30 logitech gamepad that reports itself as an xbox 360 controller in windows and it suits my needs for the handful of things i use a controller for.

mystes
May 31, 2006

infernal machines posted:

i have some $30 logitech gamepad that reports itself as an xbox 360 controller in windows
Incidentally think that may be because xinput, which basically only supports Xbox or equivalent controllers, is apparently on is way to becoming the standard for windows gaming now (it has the advantage that it assumes a certain button configuration so games don't need a whole complicated gamepad configuration interface)

mystes fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the new xbock controller owns