Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mystes posted:

Incidentally think that may be because xinput, which basically only supports Xbox or equivalent controllers, is apparently on is way to becoming the standard for windows gaming now (it has the advantage that it assumes a certain button configuration so games don't need a whole complicated gamepad configuration interface)

the fun part is the logitech controller does not have the same button layout as the xbox 360. it's not too far off, but the left analog stick and d-pad are swapped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

hey, a content warning might be appreciated by some just thinking out loud here

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
oh poo poo. it wasn’t a madcatzzzz wireless ps2 controller i had, but a logitech one. oops.

thing was loving great tho.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

KoRMaK posted:

hey, a content warning might be appreciated by some just thinking out loud here

dsyp

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNi_6U5Pm_o&t=43s

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL7iGw5nm1k

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/TtPKh4E.mp4

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

if you had a murder of crows like that you could really make a killing

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

President Beep posted:

if you had a murder of crows like that you could really make a killing

Tsk, You're So Raven!!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ravens are an unkindness, not a murder.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

an actually of goons

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ehhh

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

A congress of beeps

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

a correction of goons?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Armitag3 posted:

A congress of beeps

wait a minute…

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

More like A Confederacy of Beeps :smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I couldn’t work out why the xbox controller isn’t symmetrical with the analog sticks but then I was playing and moving my character around with the left stick but needed to push a button on the arrow pad thing and I used my right thumb to do it and I realised that the way it’s designed is that I could do what I wanted without having to move anything out of the way .

Im not sure if that’s why it is why it is but if it is it shows a huge level of insight into how people use their hands while doing real gaming

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

its why i cant stand playstation controllers and sony refusing to make the thumbstick the focus, makes my hands all bunched up and hurting

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

i went to a lan party last in...2009? yeah

there was a little cluster of kids that all set up over in the corner and played WoW the whole time. just lmao

every LAN has this guy. me and my friends still do LANs and there's always one guy who does this

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i wanna do a lan party so bad but now is Not The Time For That

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

Im not sure if that’s why it is why it is but if it is it shows a huge level of insight into how people use their hands while doing real gaming

the xbox controller was literally designed alongside and specifically for halo, which was the first modern console shooter, so yeah it's gonna be good for 3d gaming.

playstation controllers in contrast are still a 2d-focused design dating back to the SNES with analog sticks glued on the bottom. sure it's visually symmetrical but it's obviously inferior for the way the sticks are used.

nintendo just does whatever the gently caress nintendo does but they appear to have settled on a very similar layout to xbox on their current stuff.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
it just took awhile to settle on human interface and controller setup for games.
now you can count on whatever you pick up being pretty much the same, but that was definitely not the case in the 90s.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

nintendo just does whatever the gently caress nintendo does but they appear to have settled on a very similar layout to xbox on their current stuff.

the pro controller is basically identical to the 360 one, except with their japanese YX BA layout

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

the xbox controller was literally designed alongside and specifically for halo, which was the first modern console shooter, so yeah it's gonna be good for 3d gaming.

playstation controllers in contrast are still a 2d-focused design dating back to the SNES with analog sticks glued on the bottom. sure it's visually symmetrical but it's obviously inferior for the way the sticks are used.

fuckin gutted controllers weren’t designed for use in the circus by clowns

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

the pro controller is basically identical to the 360 one, except with their japanese YX BA layout

yeah the xbox abxy thing is so lame compared to playstation

it looks like the most rummy font choice

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

make me a mod of this thread only and the only thing i'll do is every time a page has only text on it then every poster on that page gets probed

Mr.Radar posted:

This YouTuber reviews a lot of trash animation, including a lot of trash religious propaganda, and he considers this one of they very worst films he's ever reviewed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSpXc94VDPk

he did judas & jesus too and it's a shame because i remember a foregone era where you could still find that animation online. it looks like its presence has been thoroughly scrubbed from the internet though

PIZZA.BAT fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 6, 2021

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
here a bit chunky boi

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

echinopsis posted:

here a bit chunky boi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZPwdGbxwNU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PIZZA.BAT posted:

make me a mod of this thread only and the only thing i'll do is every time a page has only text on it then every poster on that page gets probed

he did judas & jesus too and it's a shame because i remember a foregone era where you could still find that animation online. it looks like its presence has been thoroughly scrubbed from the internet though

archive.org has a copy but uh idk about linking it here. search the title in movies and it's in the middle of the results

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Chris Knight posted:

ah, the ol' "Let's be super edgy" play

hey look! it's inclusive cheesecake :rodtronics:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

axolotl farmer posted:

hey look! it's inclusive cheesecake :rodtronics:

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Sep 6, 2021

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

good

axolotl farmer fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 6, 2021

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
heeding your advice because i’m sure you’re right

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
learn something every day

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sniep posted:

i wanna do a lan party so bad but now is Not The Time For That

what do people even play at lan parties these days? last one I did was like 2012 and everyone just pulled out warcraft 3 because that was still the most fun game for custom maps and poo poo, and after a few hours it straight up pivoted into a drunken lord of the rings marathon

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah just have a party

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

I don't want to have a party where there isn't a computer as a degree of separation between me and the other people in the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

there's a new 4K mastered release of LOTR and nobody really produces TVs that aren't 4K anymore so there's not really a reason to bring computers to a party in 2021

everyone brings some booze and someone brings an ounce of weed and you have a solid twelve hours of entertainment