Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ill bring a bottle of discarded clonazepam and make sure no one remembers a god drat thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

haha man in college one of my buddies was on clonazepam for some nebulously diagnosed "you have the sad brains" thing

he disappeared from class for like a week and then came back and told me about how his ex-girlfriend called the cops on him and the mounties showed up and confiscated like half a dozen guns and took his firearms license away from him

mystes
May 31, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

there's a new 4K mastered release of LOTR and nobody really produces TVs that aren't 4K anymore so there's not really a reason to bring computers to a party in 2021

everyone brings some booze and someone brings an ounce of weed and you have a solid twelve hours of entertainment
I don't understand how people can sit and watch the extended edition for 12 hours. That sounds like torture to me

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

mystes posted:

I don't understand how people can sit and watch the extended edition for 12 hours. That sounds like torture to me

Very carefully

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kazinsal posted:

haha man in college one of my buddies was on clonazepam for some nebulously diagnosed "you have the sad brains" thing

he disappeared from class for like a week and then came back and told me about how his ex-girlfriend called the cops on him and the mounties showed up and confiscated like half a dozen guns and took his firearms license away from him

I reckon it's quite a scary drug

it's extremely potent, with a standard dose being 0.5mg

and it has a huge half life, 20-80 hours depending on the invidual

so overdosing is very easy. the tablets are quite small and only as big as they are for utility not space to hold the drug

and the effect of being wasted on benzos is

a) you're destroying your ability to remember what you're doing while you're on them. and not like how if you forgot what you did while drinking, but someone brings it up and you remember it. just 0 memory
b) you're acting without much reason or inhibitions

and so with clonazepam you can put yourself in that state being for a long time quite easily. and drat start drinking on it? fuckkk. never mind that benzos dont drive you to bed like too much alcohol does eventually

so yeah that was a "joke" I would never give anyone that drug.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

echinopsis posted:

I reckon it's quite a scary drug

it's extremely potent, with a standard dose being 0.5mg

and it has a huge half life, 20-80 hours depending on the invidual

so overdosing is very easy. the tablets are quite small and only as big as they are for utility not space to hold the drug

and the effect of being wasted on benzos is

a) you're destroying your ability to remember what you're doing while you're on them. and not like how if you forgot what you did while drinking, but someone brings it up and you remember it. just 0 memory
b) you're acting without much reason or inhibitions

and so with clonazepam you can put yourself in that state being for a long time quite easily. and drat start drinking on it? fuckkk. never mind that benzos dont drive you to bed like too much alcohol does eventually

so yeah that was a "joke" I would never give anyone that drug.

yeah benzos are hosed up. I've been dosed up way beyond where I wanted to be on them once, because I forgot to ask a doc and anaesthesiologist beforehand what they'd be dosing me up with. I took like 3mg ativan before going in for IV sedation dentistry for 12 fillings and three pulled teeth and they used an IV benzo as the sedative. I was completely dissociated and straight up blacked out for all of it, more than intended. I took the ativan at 6:30am, had the IV in my arm at 7am, and the last thing I remember was saying to the dentist "so am I going to remember--" and then it was 4:30pm and I was at home in bed waking up drooling blood into my pillow

I don't know much about the physiological mechanism of action of benzos but I often wonder if I could have had legit cardio-respiratory problems from that

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

I don't know much about the physiological mechanism of action of benzos but I often wonder if I could have had legit cardio-respiratory problems from that

benzos, especially combined with alcohol, are often contributors to respiratory depression / death during overdoses. absent alcohol, in the doses you're encountering them in a dentist's office, administered by a licensed anaesthesiologist, no that's going to be fine and safe, just scary. i can definitely see how it could feel like that, though

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Broken Machine posted:

benzos, especially combined with alcohol, are often contributors to respiratory depression / death during overdoses. absent alcohol, in the doses you're encountering them in a dentist's office, administered by a licensed anaesthesiologist, no that's going to be fine and safe, just scary. i can definitely see how it could feel like that, though

as far as I know the danger isn't like with opioids which straight up depress respiration and overdose alone can be fatal, these drugs tend to just intoxicate someone to such a state that they aren't able to protect their airway, if they vomit and choke on it for example. whether or not this distinction matters I just think it's interesting

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The Advantage fuckin' ruled so hard.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/Toguro_Sanches/status/1434682219344404480?s=20

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

:hmmyes:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/rodtronics/status/1434857573522477061?s=20

https://giant.gfycat.com/GreatDimwittedBoutu.mp4

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

i was given valium when i got my lasik surgery done, which is the first and only time ive ever had a benzo. i can see how people could become addicted to it. i was smiling while i could smell the laser doing its work, and thinking about how cool it was. didnt have any memory effects, although ive never had any from things like alcohol either.

probably a good thing since i remember how awful it is to drink too much and never want to experience that again.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/archeohistories/status/1434265302561275906?s=21

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
new juicero lookin' good

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

say hello to my little friend…Jesus!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
you preachin to me?

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Have you accepted Jesus as our Savior? Final answer?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

axolotl farmer posted:

say hello to my little friend…Jesus!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

so that's what you do with a 55 gallon bucket of lube!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Kazinsal posted:

similarly while Edgar Wright's main series of films with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are funny as hell, Spaced is incredibly funny despite (or possibly in part because of) being a low budget british television sitcom. it's clear that a single normal Edgar Wright film is higher budget than the entire two series of Spaced but gently caress if there's not a certain level of comedic charm in a single-camera sitcom that's nominally about two strangers pretending to be a couple to rent an apartment on the cheap and is shot as if it's *not* a single-camera sitcom

I'm British and tried it earlier this year, I just couldn't get through an episode of it.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Radio Paranoia posted:

so that's what you do with a 55 gallon bucket of lube!

it’s the first thing at least

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmbo

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaZ_RSt0KP8
p cool

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrDEtSlqJC4&t=739s
lol

nomad2020 posted:

The scam is that you have to pay McDonalds approved technicians to bring the big book of frozen dairy machine cheat codes to do anything beyond turning it off and back on again. Wendy's machines are solid, Frosty supremacy.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

years ago i saw a panel at dragoncon with him, bradbury, and harlan ellison. rip all three of those legends.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that's a hell of a panel

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Midjack posted:

years ago i saw a panel at dragoncon with him, bradbury, and harlan ellison. rip all three of those legends.

who was the biggest rear end in a top hat?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

President Beep posted:

who was the biggest rear end in a top hat?

ellison by far, unsurprisingly

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Midjack posted:

ellison by far, unsurprisingly

it’s nice to have things you can depend on in life

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4IFNKYmLa8

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

how do you free hand move a stop motion puppet like that and make the movements consistent? Like in Corpse Bride, are they just guessing with each movement or is there a way to precisely measure each change?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

idk, but in harryhausen's case i'd bet with a ton of skill and experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Nuts and Gum posted:

how do you free hand move a stop motion puppet like that and make the movements consistent? Like in Corpse Bride, are they just guessing with each movement or is there a way to precisely measure each change?

i think he's just eyeballing it, based on decades of stop motion experience