Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
One of these sequels where a characters goes west should be subtitled West Mode Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

They already made a fourth mass effect and it sucked why punish yourselves by hoping for another?!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
:actually: mass effect Andromeda was good in fact

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Akuma posted:

They already made a fourth mass effect and it sucked why punish yourselves by hoping for another?!

Because I really like Andromeda. And ME3 is my favourite, so my level of what works for ME is definitely me only :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Wait I got it. I want ueda to announce his new game. We still dont know what it is right?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Give me mass effect multiplayer you cowards

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Factions but in space

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Akuma posted:

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Give me a 3d Dot Game Heroes Remaster

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Give me a Micro Machines remaster

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did people really like 3D Dot game Heroes or did they like the idea of it? I was smitten with Fromsoft at the time and like Zelda a lot, but mostly remember being completely bored with that game even if it looked neat visually.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Did people really like 3D Dot game Heroes or did they like the idea of it? I was smitten with Fromsoft at the time and like Zelda a lot, but mostly remember being completely bored with that game even if it looked neat visually.

I honestly don't remember, it's been so long.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

spankmeister posted:

Give me a Micro Machines remaster

Actually yeah now i really want this

Micro machines v3 ruled

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Holy cats I'd love a Micro Machines remaster. I was thinking about that the other day. The MegaDrive and PS1 Micro Machines games were absolutely wonderful (or was I just ten, and things were less terrifying?)

My predictions for the showcase:

https://twitter.com/Brainmage/status/1435873585856487424?s=19

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Infinitum posted:

Happy 3 Year Anniversary to Spider-man for the PS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4GdJVvdxss

Oh there's a Play event tomorrow? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yeah we're seeing spidey 2 tonight alright. :getin:

there is a rumoured "marvel game that will make people melt" and thats the only one that would

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Total pie in the sky thinking, but a Spidey 2 where you can instantly swap between Peter and Miles in different parts of the city would be rad as hell. Like the character swapping in GTA5, but with the speed/fluidity of Ratchet and Clank.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m very excited for Bloodborne Nocturne’s Ochre or whatever it’s called this week

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

exquisite tea posted:

Legacy of Kain reboot.

showcase opens with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq-ObzoPjA0&t=243s

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Blood Omen reboot plz

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Arist posted:

What's the most ridiculous combination of "high-profile game" and "completely unlikely to be at the event tomorrow?" I want us all to get our hopes into the loving stratosphere so we can all be incredibly disappointed.

from what i've gathered since last year, this is happening TONIGHT.

soul reaver remake
spidey 2: enter the sandman
resistence collection
new infamous
factions 2
wipeout
twisted metal
silent hill ps5 japan made version (not the blooper one thats also coming)
bluepoint mgs remaster/remake collection (keeping the gameplay, just everything looking amazing in one package) then acquisition (thats probably on twitter but we will see what theyve been working on along side demon souls, not 1 but 2.)
FROM SOFTWARE castlevania/aztec game ps5 exclusive game
um jammer lammy 2
forspoken
maybe ff16? :negative:
playstation plus DIAMOND TIER (gamepass) (they keep droping diamond hints on twitter)
bloodborne patch. no pc.
sully uncharted game
gow2
the other game SMS is working on
FULL BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY with trophy support/crt shaders/the lot
showcase ends on cerny walking out to announce his new masterpiece
KNACK 3.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Sep 9, 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

no one play titanfall 2 for abit
https://twitter.com/respawn/status/1435740468327899139?s=21

effects all platforms

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

no one play titanfall 2 for abit
https://twitter.com/respawn/status/1435740468327899139?s=21

effects all platforms

Bugs like that have the potential to provide a jailbreak.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Akuma posted:

I actually sort of liked Andromeda and the only thing I disliked was how long it was.

On another note, I bought Prey on sale and I'm sad that we will probably never get a 60 fps patch.

And it's probably best that I don't replay soul reaver because I used to think the story was so cool and deep and now that I'm much older I'll probably realize that it actually sucks.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

they should maybe release part 1 and 2 before they worry about 3 hth

they already did! the game you got was what kojima intended, a mix of wanting the player to piece things together themselves and come to their own conclusions and give the player the sense of phantom pain. the only thing that got hosed over was the story dlc about liquid/mantis

and phantom pain is clearly what everyone got.

http://thesnakesoup.org/editorial-articles/phantom-pain-unfinished/

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You've told some real whoppers itt Vikar Jerome but Hideo Kojima wanting anybody to come to their own conclusions has got to be the biggest one yet.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

bloodborne patch. no pc.

I'll laugh my arse off if I've JUST completed the game and they patch it.

Round 2 stream? :allears:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Fix posted:

I am playing a billion games right now, but I will drop everything for Lost Judgement the moment it becomes available.

:hmmyes: i dont even know what to do with myself until it drops through my letter box

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Infinitum posted:

I'll laugh my arse off if I've JUST completed the game and they patch it.

Round 2 stream? :allears:

the remaster/patch is coming, its like the last big ps4 game that hasnt had some kind of directors cut/remaster and they havent brought it up once and demons souls is full of hints in the credits toward it. its not a if, its a when. and tonight might be that night.

that micolash gets a new hat

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

the last big ps4 game that hasnt had some kind of directors cut/remaster

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

that micolash gets a new hat

Kos

Or some say, Kosm

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

You've told some real whoppers itt Vikar Jerome but Hideo Kojima wanting anybody to come to their own conclusions has got to be the biggest one yet.

no, its true. the game opens with this quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bT3q7WVGw4

and then the man himself says he wanted players to piece the story together themselves because of the open world and how to tell the story in a non-linear way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yOuGmZ0THk

kojima tried something new with PP, he kept telling everyone "he might have to quit the video game industy" (dumbasses as the time mistook that and thought it meant big boss was gonna kill some kids cos lol the hight of drama for them is revenge of the sith i guess) cos he was worried people wouldnt get it and he was right but uhh didnt quit and we went back to over explanation kojima in DS.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Sep 9, 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

*that ive played

(also that whole collection is coming to pc so i bet that patch is also dropping)

i might boot up the ps3 and boot uncharted 3 actually, already played through 1 and 2.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Not reading any of Vikar Jeromes LIES!!! Until I wake up for work and go and see that he’s some kind of prophet

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Based on discussions with no trusted sources whatsoever, I’m updating my prediction to include sequels to Incredible Crisis and Pepsiman.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

the last big ps4 game that hasnt had some kind of directors cut/remaster

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Knack Reracked

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Return of the Knack

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

and demons souls is full of hints in the credits toward it

Is this true, or am I once again a rube that believes Posts?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

knack 3 will include knack 1 and 2 remakes but only if you own them on disc like hitman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Flint_Paper posted:

Is this true, or am I once again a rube that believes Posts?

Vikar sifts through the thousands of ivermectin posts and proof of a flat earth videos on his news feed to bring you 100% legitimate game leaks.