Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

also the boss was a huge creep and visibly made people mad or uncomfortable when he was on camera

Which one was the boss?

So does BA just not exist now?

I only watched those chef recreates snack foods vids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

If you're talking about Claire Saffitz, she now does cooking videos on her own channel. Unfortunately, she doesn't do the gourmet snack recreations thing anymore.

Most recent vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pGCFGYxXxg

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

FirstAidKite posted:

Which one was the boss?

So does BA just not exist now?

Adam Rappaport

It exists they're doing fine, most of the old people left.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
All the white men video people stayed, iirc

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, Claire Saffitz is doing her own thing. Sohla's doing videos on History Channel's Youtube now. Rick's doing a travel series on Binging with Babish's channel. I haven't really watched any new BA since they came back with their new cast, though. Is Brad still doing Brad things? I always liked watching him ferment things.

These days most of my food/drink Youtube viewing is J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, How to Drink, Townsends, and James Hoffmann for my nerdy coffee video needs.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

may i recommend theh best cooking channel on the planet, hidamari cooking

https://www.youtube.com/c/HidaMariCooking

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Harrow posted:

Yeah, Claire Saffitz is doing her own thing. Sohla's doing videos on History Channel's Youtube now. Rick's doing a travel series on Binging with Babish's channel. I haven't really watched any new BA since they came back with their new cast, though. Is Brad still doing Brad things? I always liked watching him ferment things.

These days most of my food/drink Youtube viewing is J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, How to Drink, Townsends, and James Hoffmann for my nerdy coffee video needs.

Sohla also did some Babish channel stuff that was fun.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Sohla also did some Babish channel stuff that was fun.

Yeah, I really liked those. I was hoping she was going to do another "season" or something of them but I'm guessing her History videos are her main video gig now.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
New Matrix looks neat, and I'll have a good laugh if they make the MMO canon, but I'm doubtful they will. A little reference to it would be fun.

I'm kinda interested in all of the repeat imagery and scenes because it could be a neat way to call back and incorporate the idea of how deja vu works in the first movie.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Harrow posted:

They were not paying people of color who appeared in videos nearly as much as white people who did videos and decided to burn the whole thing down instead of paying them more. Also just a generally toxic work environment too.

in the case of gaby at least, they were not paying her at all for appearing in videos. Also, the editor in chief adam rapoport, aside from everything else, had a picture circulating of him and his wife dressed up in actual brownface as latin "gangsters" with facebook comments from their friends complimenting them on how "scary" they looked. so there's that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This was the most recent cooking video I've watched those it's more about living history and history lessons that just happen to be food adjacent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnq1-UPsUZE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cFhw0J8Ork

Very interesting and informative videos.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This week has been Auteur Week and honestly I am all for it.

After seeing the Death Stranding Director's Cut trailer I am secure in my knowledge that I am a "mark" and will 100% play the game again from the beginning. Maybe not at launch, I might give it an extra year like Persona 5 Royal, but I am doing it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Harrow posted:

Sohla's history channel videos are a bit gimmicky but I loved the stuff she's doing with Food 52. This is my go-to for making wings now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiqg8d9N6Lo

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I've finally figured out why I love The Witness so much - it's just a video game version of Zendo (arguably a modern descendent of Mao), which is basically hands down the single best tabletop game after 1kbwc, despite the fact that basically everyone I've ever met hates it and refuses to play.

Is there actually a proper name for this genre of game, where the primary gameplay is figuring out what the rules of the game actually are through a progression of essentially intentional failure?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

so, why butter for fairy bread, and not something sweeter to keep them sprinkles on

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This week has been Auteur Week and honestly I am all for it.

After seeing the Death Stranding Director's Cut trailer I am secure in my knowledge that I am a "mark" and will 100% play the game again from the beginning. Maybe not at launch, I might give it an extra year like Persona 5 Royal, but I am doing it.

I can’t fuckin wait, I only got to chapter 4 of the original and have been meaning to go back to it all year. Getting a director’s cut for $10 extra is perfect.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

I can't bring myself to care about the matrix

s:mae:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
with a typo that big nobody can accuse me of caring, actually

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lost judgment demo is out

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

GlyphGryph posted:

I've finally figured out why I love The Witness so much - it's just a video game version of Zendo (arguably a modern descendent of Mao), which is basically hands down the single best tabletop game after 1kbwc, despite the fact that basically everyone I've ever met hates it and refuses to play

Zendo rules

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wow Supreme Commander absolutely stinks. Even taking into account I'm playing on a console it just feels so bad. The tutorial was terribly done so I have no idea how most of the game works, I've been playing the first mission for 90 mins and I'm stuck on a constant stalemate cause I need to take out the enemy's anti-aircraft turrets to bomb their base but those are guarded by their bombers and I can only take them out with my ship-to-ship combat and when I send those in they get taken out by the anti-aircraft turrets. And this is the first sodding mission. Also the game gets a load of basic stuff wrong like making enemy units so small you can't click on them to attack unless you zoom in so close you can't see anything that's happening around you. After Mercs 2 I am so beyond playing something that's not fun so screw this, I'm moving on to my next game.

I was really hype for this as well, I love RTS games :(

Rarity fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 9, 2021

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you want a console single layer RTS, can I interest you in GrimGrimoire

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

supcom ftw

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

Wow Supreme Commander absolutely stinks. Even taking into account I'm playing on a console it just feels so bad. The tutorial was terribly done so I have no idea how most of the game works, I've been playing the first mission for 90 mins and I'm stuck on a constant stalemate cause I need to take out the enemy's anti-aircraft turrets to bomb their base but those are guarded by their bombers and I can only take them out with my ship-to-ship combat and when I send those in they get taken out by the anti-aircraft turrets. And this is the first sodding mission. After Mercs 2 I am so beyond playing something that's not fun so screw this, I'm moving on to my next game.

i think a console rts can work, something like tooth and tail, but i can't imagine supcom on console would be a good time even if the tutorial was good.

it's great on pc though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The best single player RTS is: Pikmin

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

nm what’s supcom with u

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Console and rts go together like peanut butter and mashed potatoes

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Where are my fake-time strategy games! Haha

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CubeTheory posted:

Zendo rules

This works as both an opinion on Zendo and a description of what Zendo is

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

i think a console rts can work

Yeah I played Battle for Middle-Earth II on the 360 a while back and that was a fun time. Still clunkier than on PC and the last couple of missions were too much for me but it was way better than this.

Oh well I'm now playing Ratchet and Clank Quest For Booty and I know I'm going to have a good time with this :unsmith:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

instead of butter, buttercream, is what i'm sayin

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

Wow Supreme Commander absolutely stinks. Even taking into account I'm playing on a console it just feels so bad. The tutorial was terribly done so I have no idea how most of the game works, I've been playing the first mission for 90 mins and I'm stuck on a constant stalemate cause I need to take out the enemy's anti-aircraft turrets to bomb their base but those are guarded by their bombers and I can only take them out with my ship-to-ship combat and when I send those in they get taken out by the anti-aircraft turrets. And this is the first sodding mission. Also the game gets a load of basic stuff wrong like making enemy units so small you can't click on them to attack unless you zoom in so close you can't see anything that's happening around you. After Mercs 2 I am so beyond playing something that's not fun so screw this, I'm moving on to my next game.

SupCom is an RTS that's entirely about macro over micro, where you're meant to build huge automated production loops churning out a massive blob of units to attack-move into the enemy and just crush them with sheer numbers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hwurmp posted:

SupCom is an RTS that's entirely about macro over micro, where you're meant to build huge automated production loops churning out a massive blob of units to attack-move into the enemy and just crush them with sheer numbers

That sounds really dull

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its epic. no idea why oyu would try and play it on a console however

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it's cool because you get to build giant bases and cool transport networks and huge megaunits

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Melinda Megaunits

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Stux posted:

may i recommend theh best cooking channel on the planet, hidamari cooking

https://www.youtube.com/c/HidaMariCooking

yo these recipes look great, time for me to get baking

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ooh I like how Quest For Booty doesn't gently caress around and gives you a load of poo poo to start with cause it assumes you played the previous game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PlayStation Showcase in 40 minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdOlJyWdWqc

Zero expectations, everything will be a year plus out and then delayed further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

love clicking on it and hearing the bad cover of enter sandman