Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
renting a Dreamcast from blockbuster for the weekend so the one kid from down the street can come over and meltdown about losing in powerstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got really good at speedrunning PSO from level 1 because the VMUs were dogshit and kept losing save data

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Dreamcast isn’t worth researching or revising imo. most of its good games have been ported or remastered somehow so I can understand why the new generation has no interest in it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

:wrong:
Illbleed is still exclusive

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Zil posted:

Ready to feel old?

*gasps extremely pearl-clutchingly*

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Zil posted:

Ready to feel old?

the biggest wtf about this image is that people will post stupid questions before they will just google something. it literally takes more effort to type out your facebook comment

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Does that say “Aha! Is this our chance?”

Call me a mark if you want but I’m most excited for Spider-Man 2. 2023 is a long way away but I’ve been playing Marvel’s Insomniacs Peter Parker: Spider-Man Remastered lately and it’s still really fun.

After that, GT7. Wanna see some raytraced cars on my PS5

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tokyo Extreme Racer owned, the gameplay mechanic of racing duels with lifebars was cool

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

:wrong:
Illbleed is still exclusive

Sexehdawhl

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Dreamcast was the only non-handheld video game console i had access to for a lot of my childhood so finding out a lot of kids never even knew about it was a sad day for like 11yo me. :(

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Tokyo Extreme Racer owned, the gameplay mechanic of racing duels with lifebars was cool

Whenever I download a racing game I've not heard of, I always hope it will bring back the feel of that game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

thehoodie posted:

the biggest wtf about this image is that people will post stupid questions before they will just google something. it literally takes more effort to type out your facebook comment

a comment, even if posed as a question, isn't necessarily an actual query looking for the googleable answer

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have been listening to cuts from the Matrix soundtrack all day, super nostalgia

Also knowing that literally every student I have was born after the matrix was released and it is a "classic" movie to them is a real thing
It doesnt really feel weird if you call video games from 1999 classic.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zil posted:

How does reloading those work?

I won’t waste my time trying to explain the loading mechanism to you — your primitive mind could never grasp its complex nature.

(that's a direct quote from the manual for that game)

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

haveblue posted:

I won’t waste my time trying to explain the loading mechanism to you — your primitive mind could never grasp its complex nature.

(that's a direct quote from the manual for that game)

I love it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

the gently caress... no way this is a coincidence

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I'm playing No Man's Sky. The Frontiers update launched on September 1st and added a settlement management feature which was enough for me to reinstall from playing it for 30ish hours last summer on Xbox gamepass. The frontiers now lets you play the role of a settlement overseer and boss around a small tribe of Vy'keen, Gex, or Korvax.

So I found a colony that needs an overseer and appointed myself as head honcho. You get a lil' overview screen that shows how dumb and unhappy your people are because you haven't kissed enough babies or enforced mandatory abortions or whatever. My colony started in debt which is odd. Also people can't breathe which has a minor effect on their overall mood.

It's simple, but you get to settle disputes and build new buildings which is fun. Most of the buildings take a long-rear end time to construct. Like 1-4 real-world hours. But the happiness goes up and you make more money and it's a fun spinning plate grind in a game that is all about grind anyway. The problem I had is that my settlement has 39 citizens in it. 39. I walked around for a few minutes and couldn't find a single soul. After a while a pop-up on my HUD said one of my workers was slacking off and pointed towards their location, so I walked over to where the lil' pip was pointing and:

My entire colony. 39 people. Are jammed in a 1 pixel space unable to move. Fuckin' amazing game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's not, from memory a Goon worked on the translation.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

yeah it tripped me up too. but i looked into it and i don't think it's the same cid from ff7

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I might be late on this but lol that CoD steals art assets for their 'anime' skin packs.

https://archive.is/5f02o

https://twitter.com/SenpaiSilver/status/1432331723967287301

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I'm playing Alien Isolation for the first time on hard and that might have been a mistake. This xenomorph is a loving cheater

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah it's a mistake, it's much fairer on normal

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

thats where lowtax got the idea

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I wanna say that's not even the first version of FF4 to have that line, it's giving me some real deja-vu.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

Yeah it's a mistake, it's much fairer on normal

I only picked hard because the menu said it was the recommended difficulty. :shepface:

I'll change it to normal

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

a goon worked on the translation for FF4 Advance way back in the day iirc

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

raditts posted:

I wanna say that's not even the first version of FF4 to have that line, it's giving me some real deja-vu.

You remember correctly. I just found people debating this on wikipedia in 2006. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AFinal_Fantasy_IV%2FArchive_1#SomethingAweful_reference

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If I was head translation director of, say, ff16, you bet I would not include an SA reference

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's from the division with the XIV team, so there'll be Simpsons references.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Has the zeitgeist passed on Hamilton references

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i dont think shadowbringers had any hamilton references, at least

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Once hamilton came out on Disney+ and normal people could watch it it stopped being relevant

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is kinda strange, Darkest Dungeon has the highest percentage of horny mods I’ve ever seen on nexusmods. Not what I expected

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1436191792622235692
redmovietheaterpilled

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Big Scary Owl posted:

I only picked hard because the menu said it was the recommended difficulty. :shepface:

I'll change it to normal

Never listen to what people who made the game and have played it for hundreds of hours think is the correct difficulty.

All hard does is make the alien have a shorter 'leash' so its constantly in your face and you can't do anything.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Really enjoying the new Life is Strange. I never expected this series to have great performance capture but it really does enhance the material a lot.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Hallo thread, whatchya playing this weekend?

Gonna play some Halo because man i just wanna shoot stuff and i havn't touched any since the weekend Halo 4 came out!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Hallo thread, whatchya playing this weekend?

Gonna play some Halo because man i just wanna shoot stuff and i havn't touched any since the weekend Halo 4 came out!

I’m going to play the Pixel Remaster of Final Fantasy III! It’s one of the few Final Fantasy games I haven’t played and the music of the first two were incredible so I’m excited to hear it’s soundtrack.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hopefully Tales of Arise should be waiting for me when I got home, so that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I think I might install Prey and try to get more than a couple hours through/finish it before Deathloop comes out next week! :D