Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Hallo thread, whatchya playing this weekend?

Gonna play some Halo because man i just wanna shoot stuff and i havn't touched any since the weekend Halo 4 came out!

Wrapping up the White March DLC to Pillars of Eternity, and then moving on to either Disco Elysium or Tales of Arise, I haven't decided yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Gonna play some Halo because man i just wanna shoot stuff and i havn't touched any since the weekend Halo 4 came out!

Planning on continuing to stream Nioh, but my mental health has been a bit blah the last few days - so I might take a break and stream Bugsnax which I still haven't played.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

bovis posted:

I think I might install Prey and try to get more than a couple hours through/finish it before Deathloop comes out next week! :D

Hell yeah, Prey rules!! Enjoy it!

I'm continuing to play the great ace attorney and thoroughly enjoying it. It feels a lot meatier than past AA games which is great but also makes my progress a lot slower. It's very wordy! Still got that fantastic AA charm though. And some of the new features feel utterly natural - I keep forgetting that the "pursue" option is new to this game! It works so well.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm playing games with your heart

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm playing games with your heart

well quit it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No. You should've known from the start.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've just seen some screenshots of Tales of Arise - did they have an actual budget this time? The locations look pretty nice.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

JollyBoyJohn posted:

My "short" list is any of

Hollow Knight
Obra Dinn
No Mans Sky

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZhCZW8wmi8

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I plan on playing the Witness tonight, maybe some It takes Two as well with Lady VG if witness goes well and if ALL this goes well FFVII Original, of which I am chomping at the bit to start.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I'm continuing my Metroid Dread prep - either gonna play Super Metroid, or skip it because i've played it before and instead sink into Metroid Fusion.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Oh!

I also have Hypnospace Outlaw on my shortlist for weekend gaming.

or maybe I'll start a new Disco Elysium save...

TOoooooo many games, what a great time to be gaming.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.reuters.com/technology/epic-games-asks-apple-allow-fortnite-return-south-korea-2021-09-10/

Extremely funny for Epic to go "Pwease Apple let us sell Fortnite in Korea" literally in the middle of suing them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Muscle Tracer posted:

I'm continuing my Metroid Dread prep - either gonna play Super Metroid, or skip it because i've played it before and instead sink into Metroid Fusion.

Play the Super Metroid romhack that rotates the whole map by 90 degrees.

Or play the Super Metroid romhack where it combined Super Metroid with A Link to the Past so you have to find Super Metroid upgrades as Link and Link's equipment as Samus and find where the warp spots are to transport you from one game to the other.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Epic and Apple are some of the most litigious corporations out there, a lawsuit is practically like a handshake to them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm so down to watch VG play the OG FF7

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

I've just seen some screenshots of Tales of Arise - did they have an actual budget this time? The locations look pretty nice.

It's still Bamco budget but they used UE which is easier to make look nice than uh whatever they've been using since PS2

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

It's still Bamco budget but they used UE which is easier to make look nice than uh whatever they've been using since PS2

That's cool. Hope it's good.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Welp my buddy just texted to ask if i wanna get stoned and play dota so that's halo out the window

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Welp my buddy just texted to ask if i wanna get stoned and play dota so that's halo out the window

play Techies

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
excited to play more sonic boom fire & ice over the weekend. the level design has already stepped up from the first game and, more importantly, amy is playable almost immediately

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

If you care for your friend you will sit them down and have a long, serious talk about their unhealthy compulsion and the self-destructive road it is driving them down, because friends don't let friends play mobas

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Hwurmp posted:

If you care for your friend you will sit them down and have a long, serious talk about their unhealthy compulsion and the self-destructive road it is driving them down, because friends don't let friends play mobas

On the contrary, all my friends who used to be into videogames are now into cocaine so a bit of weed and dota is the safer option

Cmon now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Quest For Booty is way harder than Tools of Destruction ever was but I'm still having a good time. And whoever said the game was like 2 hours long was not lying. I had to check a walkthrough for one point and apparently I'm already 2/3rds of the way through. Did they really charge full price for this? Cause it really feels like an intended DLC pack

JollyBoyJohn posted:

On the contrary, all my friends who used to be into videogames are now into cocaine so a bit of weed and dota is the safer option

Cocaine is way less addictive and life-harming than MOBAs

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Looper posted:

excited to play more sonic boom fire & ice over the weekend. the level design has already stepped up from the first game and, more importantly, amy is playable almost immediately

a sonic of ice and fire

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Okay Chen then?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Muscle Tracer posted:

You could also play AM2R, which is easily one of the best Metroid games ever made, even if it's a free fangame.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Quest For Booty is way harder than Tools of Destruction ever was but I'm still having a good time. And whoever said the game was like 2 hours long was not lying. I had to check a walkthrough for one point and apparently I'm already 2/3rds of the way through. Did they really charge full price for this? Cause it really feels like an intended DLC pack

Cocaine is way less addictive and life-harming than MOBAs
It was like 15 bucks

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah the environments are really pretty, but also corners were cut everywhere else. Cutscenes can be pretty boring to watch, NPCs will just stand around completely still, and the world feels a bit lifeless. This is Bandai Namco's first time using the Unreal Engine 4 for Tales of, and hopefully in future games they will be able to put more life into the world.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Too many games, what a great time to be gaming.

Wisdom.

Rarity posted:

I'm so down to watch VG play the OG FF7

:3: It might even start this sunday, we shall see! :D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Starting a petition for VG to rename Cloud to Butts

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Okay Chen then?

Now we are talking

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I've been working on 1cc'ing Metal Slug, which is not something I thought would ever be possible when I played this game in arcades as a kid. I can get up to the last mission deathless, the only real tough spot being that dickhead Allen on mission 3.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Boy, streaming a JRPG sounds like hard work

All of the text dialogue! It’s gonna feel like someone is constantly reading over your shoulder!
A million inane random battles! What is there to say the tenth time you fight the same enemy loadout!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Starting a petition for VG to rename Cloud to Butts

He is currently named Rude. Barret is named Best Dad. Tifa is named Tiffa. Aerith is named Florist :3:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

who are you saving Butts for

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

who are you saving Butts for

No idea. The only other name I have planned if Yuffy for Yuffie. (because just like Tifa I pronounce her name incorrectly.)

I would ask how many other playable characters there are but I do not wish to be spoiled :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

What about QoP or Kunkka

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I forgot that I had the Witness on Steam. I want to play it now after watching Videogames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

watching the witness......how ironic...