Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Umm for AFP content, I have accidentally created discord in my relationship tonight by bringing up my trademark jaffle recipe.

The structure of the jaffle is very important as the layers are why it works:

Bread
Light butter and Vegemite
Havarti/Colby slice
Yellow American mustard drizzled
Thick chunk of caramelised onions
Smooth peanut butter
Bread

I am banned from making this jaffle in the house, but I am obliged to make a bunch any time we have a family get together BC somehow the WarCrime Jaffle is my trademark dish now.
....I can actually cook, like, pretty good. But this is somehow the thing I am known for.

I'm American so I had to look up what a jaffle is, but the only AFP concern I had reading your post was "This better be cooked like a grilled cheese because if that bread is raw you're a loving psychopath"

As a toastie/grilled cheese/etc that sounds delicious :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Bloop posted:

You fool, you registered for shatware

Shatware, you say?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

thecluckmeme posted:

I'm American so I had to look up what a jaffle is, but the only AFP concern I had reading your post was "This better be cooked like a grilled cheese because if that bread is raw you're a loving psychopath"

As a toastie/grilled cheese/etc that sounds delicious :cheers:

Yes, I would order this as a panino.

I like that the jaffle iron crimps the edges, though; that honestly seems like a major advantage over a panini press!

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Yeah it's a toasted/grilled cheese but in a jafflle maker that makes it look like a toasted sandwich but sealed in half diagonally like so:

I'm Australian so jaffles are a big deal and we do a lot of AFP poo poo with them, like fill them with tinned spaghetti, or tinned meat stew.

They're good :yum: Try a WarCrime today :yum:

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Yeah it's a toasted/grilled cheese but in a jafflle maker that makes it look like a toasted sandwich but sealed in half diagonally like so:

I'm Australian so jaffles are a big deal and we do a lot of AFP poo poo with them, like fill them with tinned spaghetti, or tinned meat stew.

They're good :yum: Try a WarCrime today :yum:

Was Cathy trying to sell us jafflle makers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5JchC0nQcM

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Shatware, you say?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.redditmedia.com/mediaembed/plj6nc

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Iron Crowned posted:

Everyone always talks poo poo on men's rooms. Having been a janitor at one point in my life, I can safely say that women's rooms are where the real horrors lie.

Same. I had to clean the dorm I lived in in college as part of their required service....and let me tell you...the ladies bathrooms were FILTHY! Mostly it was just icky cleaning the little sanitary bins and the sinks were always coated in a film of makeup...oh and shower drains clogged with hair constantly.

Conversely the dude's bathrooms were usually puked in in a way that made it difficult to clean (like in the gap between a toilet and the wall.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

In my experience men’s rooms are baseline gross as hell, while women’s rooms are baseline pretty clean.

But when a women’s room is nasty, it’s like the literal poo poo hit a literal fan, with added sprinkles of period blood.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bibliotechno Music posted:

In my experience men’s rooms are baseline gross as hell, while women’s rooms are baseline pretty clean.

But when a women’s room is nasty, it’s like the literal poo poo hit a literal fan, with added sprinkles of period blood.

This is probably accurate. What we remember are the bad days, not the baseline

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Plato's cave allegory but for public bathrooms

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/emGMjHj.gifv

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Thaumaturgy really is an underrated cantrip

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

The world's most laid back firebender.

Is there more to it, like the sprinkler system going off?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

A jaffle must be a waffle made out of blue denim. That's how language works. Please pick another word for your triangular crustables.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hmm, I was gonna say that's a jeffle but a jeffle is when Jeff makes a waffle, so I'm out of ideas here.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

A jaffle is just an Australian calzone

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

tribbledirigible posted:

The world's most laid back firebender.

Is there more to it, like the sprinkler system going off?

Looks like she was staying at the table just long enough to make sure she hadn’t set the place on fire.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Looks like she was staying at the table just long enough to make sure she hadn’t set the place on fire.
The people behind her, too.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Can someone please do a trip report on a WarCrime Jaffle?
Everyone I know has been like "yeah it's okay you forced me to eat it once" or "I hate you and I hate this but it's a solid idea"

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Jaffle kree!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I miss my sandwich maker but I used it 100% to make pizza sandwiches out of bread, sauce, cheese, and pepperoni and I would absolutely die of a heart attack if I did that with the same frequency as I did in college. Such devices can only be used for evil.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Can someone please do a trip report on a WarCrime Jaffle?
Everyone I know has been like "yeah it's okay you forced me to eat it once" or "I hate you and I hate this but it's a solid idea"

I may be making some French onion dip this weekend depending on if i can find full-fat yogurt instead of the ABSOLUTE COWARDLY fat-free yogurt, I'll go through the effort of properly caramelizing some onions and make the War Crime Toastie

I don't have a sandwich press but I have a crepe pan and a bacon weight to seal alllll them flavors in

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

You can also use the jar of caramelised onions jam you can get for a few bucks if you're not a weirdo like me who does a big slow cooker batch of caramelized onions every few nonths to portion out.
Just use more mustard if the onions are from a jar.

Warcrime very much works with sauteed/fried onions you've cooked for like 5/10minutes though tbh.
The onions are really just filler texture and se extra sweet and savoury umami notes.

Do a war crime with what you have/are able to do. That's very in the spirit of the jaffle I developed with the help of stoners while poor as gently caress.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Zero_Grade posted:

Jaffle kree!

beat me to it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

insane maniacs posted:

jaffle
Why are you making up purposefully stupid words and acting like it's normal, is this some form of advanced gaslighting

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Why are you making up purposefully stupid words and acting like it's normal, is this some form of advanced gaslighting

Harold, please, just wake up

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

Context: I am Australian. It's what we do. I haven't heard a real non-shortened or "IES/AS" word in decades.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Sometimes it seems like Australia really tries hard at creating its own ridiculous terminology because it's all they have.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

SlothfulCobra posted:

Sometimes it seems like Australia really tries hard at creating its own ridiculous terminology because it's all they have.

I mean, I'd argue but I would absolutely use a bunch of words that I didn't even realise are weird Aussie terms and prove your point somehow.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Context: I am Australian. It's what we do. I haven't heard a real non-shortened or "IES/AS" word in decades.

I hear that it's hard to linguistically predict which words get which diminutive forms

regardless, I've been digging on the Aunty Donna lately, so thanks for partially exporting them

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

steinrokkan posted:

:australia: but the inventor of their popular sandwich toasting and crimping iron apparently came up with the name before any of us, even me :corsair:, were born

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Everyone always talks poo poo on men's rooms. Having been a janitor at one point in my life, I can safely say that women's rooms are where the real horrors lie.

They had to close down the lavvies at work one time because people kept flushing tampons and oh my god the loving smell while they dug them out jesus H christ I wanted to die.

E: wait this isn't the AUG thread.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

Perhaps the same could be said of all Australia

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We've had toastie makers here for years and now someone comes along and tells me it's a jaffle

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

thecluckmeme posted:

A jaffle is just an Australian calzone

It's an Australian toastie or pudgie pie

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

well that's convenient

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Gross it's out of date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I would try the Warcrimes Jaffle but I prefer (British) Marmite to Vegemite. Vegemite isn't strong enough for my tastes.