Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DLC Inc posted:

Would be a fitting closure on all the unneeded poo poo he piled onto a 19 year old girl

It's really weird to assume Julia wasn't ok with Max's comments

e: It's also really weird to assume she was ok with it too, obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

It's really weird to assume Julia wasn't ok with Max's comments

e: It's also really weird to assume she was ok with it too, obviously
yeah but if i don’t do one of those then i can’t argue on the internet about it one way or the other

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Ganso Bomb posted:

You'd think he could use that giant hair as some kind of helmet or shield to keep people from battering his face.

This year's Ig Nobel Peace Prize was "for testing the hypothesis that humans evolved beards to protect themselves from punches to the face" and found that hair (sheep's wool for the experiment) samples absorbed nearly 30% more energy than the non furred samples, so Griff would definitely maybe have been protected if the shot had come to the back of his head.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Gaz-L posted:

But what was the number of buys on each of them? :ohdear:

and more importantly, what's the probe image for those who bet the under?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:D

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Christian Cage is a draw, brother.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Pylons posted:

Card for the A-show:

They're trying to fit too much into a one-hour show with commercials. There's always at least one if not two segments that don't get enough time or end up mostly in PiP during commercials.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
3 matches and a bunch of promos seems about right. Scuttlebutt is that the Andrade / PAC match delivers, so I'm excited. And with FITE I don't need to worry about any silly commercials.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

rantmo posted:

This year's Ig Nobel Peace Prize was "for testing the hypothesis that humans evolved beards to protect themselves from punches to the face" and found that hair (sheep's wool for the experiment) samples absorbed nearly 30% more energy than the non furred samples, so Griff would definitely maybe have been protected if the shot had come to the back of his head.
ot, but this is why as a tween, i always more fearful of austin getting a chairshot to the head than guys like undertaker or foley

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it’s not like you can do PIP for the promos either so it is what it is

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I missed like 90% of that backstage segment so I think I missed the ice bag thing. You'd think he could use that giant hair as some kind of helmet or shield to keep people from battering his face.
Griff wouldn't muscle in on Marcus Kross' gimmick like that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

Christian Cage is a draw, brother.

Think back like a month or so when the All Out card didn't look so great - right around the time Hangman took his break. I will never doubt that AEW can put together a good card when it looks not so great even that close to the show.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

fatherofmustard posted:

I've always wondered how much money AEW is making off of Dark and Elevation. Isn't monetization for wrestling videos on Youtube pretty poor?

I imagine Dark and Elevation don't cost much to tape. They just need some way to get reps on the folks like Julia and Hobbs who have it, but not IT.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Oh dang Griff and Marcus Kross are actually training buddies and former tag team partners, I didn't even know.

was gonna say please don't break up the Varsity Blondes but now I feel like if you do, sign Marcus and let them join up again as a hair-themed team

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If they keep the promos short and snappy it’ll be perfectly fine

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I can't wait for Full Gear :D

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
To be fair they could probably fit a decent amount of stuff in a show that doesn't have a 20 minute CM Punk Town Hall

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

6 months ago:
Tonight STING SPEAKS!
AEW fan: lol no

Today:
Tonight CM PUNK SPEAKS!
AEW fan: hoo boy will he ever

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

AEW should clearly define which of their 4 PPVs is their super bowl, you can get one massive buyrate a year that way with the right branding, it’s cool they’re all equal but having a starrcade/wrestlemania/wrestle kingdom type show defined I think leads to a lot of good things like a large buyrate that can offset weaker shows in the year, bringing back lapsed fans who know it’s their biggest event, and creating new fans with the extra hype that comes with that kind of like how non football fans watch the super bowl every year.

I think 4 PPVs a year is perfect though and hope they don’t change that.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i hope they go to 6 ppvs a year

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All Out is the best pick for that I reckon. It marks the yearly anniversary of All In and the yearly anniversary of the AEW title and sorta yearly anniversary for Dynamite. Also aside from Jacksonville there's nowhere that's more AEW country than Chicago. It's a good location to build a weekend of indie shows around too

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

Rarity posted:

All Out is the best pick for that I reckon. It marks the yearly anniversary of All In and the yearly anniversary of the AEW title and sorta yearly anniversary for Dynamite. Also aside from Jacksonville there's nowhere that's more AEW country than Chicago. It's a good location to build a weekend of indie shows around too

I hope they put All Out in the United Center next year.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shard posted:

Think back like a month or so when the All Out card didn't look so great - right around the time Hangman took his break. I will never doubt that AEW can put together a good card when it looks not so great even that close to the show.

I have long since made my peace with the fact that the folks who make AEW are far better at their jobs than I would ever be and thus I can serenely not predict doom and gloom until they actually do make some huge mistake.

Like, say, cutting off Kaze ni Nare, Trillionaire Tony you fool, you clown :argh:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I feel after this year All Out is solidified as the top PPV. Like it’s been mentioned, it’s got a lot of connections to the origins of the company from All In and is a good time for a reset story wise to start the next “season” as it coincides with fall TV premieres.

They just need to market it like Mania. Get celebs in the crowd, invest in special gear and entrances, have wrestlers do media rounds to plug it In the weeks leading in, etc.

Being roughly half a year distance from Mania helps it stand out too.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it’s not like you can do PIP for the promos either so it is what it is

Guevara can.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dacap posted:

I feel after this year All Out is solidified as the top PPV. Like it’s been mentioned, it’s got a lot of connections to the origins of the company from All In and is a good time for a reset story wise to start the next “season” as it coincides with fall TV premieres.

They just need to market it like Mania. Get celebs in the crowd, invest in special gear and entrances, have wrestlers do media rounds to plug it In the weeks leading in, etc.

Being roughly half a year distance from Mania helps it stand out too.

As people noted, a lot of the women had gear in the AEW colours for All Out

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/FlyinBrianJr/status/1436370668187275285

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Double or Nothing and All Out seem like the big PPVs to me.

SonicRulez posted:

I imagine Dark and Elevation don't cost much to tape. They just need some way to get reps on the folks like Julia and Hobbs who have it, but not IT.

I think it's also about building up their video library with content for a few years down the road when they decide to put together some kind of streaming platform.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1436371563696345109?s=21

Dying at this picture of Adam Cole

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Jordan7hm posted:

Double or Nothing and All Out seem like the big PPVs to me.

I think it's also about building up their video library with content for a few years down the road when they decide to put together some kind of streaming platform.

I’ve said it before but if wwe does sell I hope someone buys the drat tape library and makes a better version of the network.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

RandolphCarter posted:

I’ve said it before but if wwe does sell I hope someone buys the drat tape library and makes a better version of the network.

If AEW ever does get into the streaming service business - please god do not offer the ppvs on it. Just put every show on it and update it after each new episode.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Four PPVs per year is perfect, especially since AEW runs a heck of a lot of special Dynamites

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

coke is apparently passe as far as wrestler drugs go

cole and bryan have seemingly graduated to cutting promos while completely blazed on acid

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you watch on Fite you already have the streaming service :smug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

inthesto posted:

Four PPVs per year is perfect, especially since AEW runs a heck of a lot of special Dynamites

There's also going to be the 4 TNT specials as well

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Technowrite posted:

Their seats are so better than the NOW Arena

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I already have a Penta and Fenix figure, but when they eventually sell updates with the bloody belts I will be purchasing another set. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Technowrite posted:

Yes please.

Or if the scheduling cooperates, shoot for Wrigley Field.