Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Achmed Jones posted:

little jones spent the morning watching the 80s d&d cartoon. it's surprisingly not terrible. by that i don't mean it's good as an adult, but that i haven't seen any lovely racism and stuff. the worst thing is that the acrobat wears basically a bikini. the other female characters don't though

i was disappointed when i found out there was no magic missile bow like that in the actual game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

little jones spent the morning watching the 80s d&d cartoon. it's surprisingly not terrible. by that i don't mean it's good as an adult, but that i haven't seen any lovely racism and stuff. the worst thing is that the acrobat wears basically a bikini. the other female characters don't though

Gary Gygax was 100% convinced that he was going to get into the entire cocaine-and-sex Hollywood lifestyle and got a significant amount of TSR's cash reserved sucked out of him before getting sent back to Wisconsin. lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lake geneva is the new hollywood blvd. but fatter.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/funnybison/status/1427768649528582144?s=21

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

man this hits hard

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
last night i decided to take a risk and sleep while being old and the odds caught up with me. Woke up with a sore shoulder and i cant bend to the right without a lot of pain.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

sleep: the most dangerous game

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

when people say poo poo like "he died in his sleep" they dont mean he had a heart attack or whatever, it means he broke his fuckin neck

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

Apr 7, 2003

I'm glad that old people are suffering.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress off

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

who me?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

gently caress off

sup buddy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rotor posted:

last night i decided to take a risk and sleep while being old and the odds caught up with me. Woke up with a sore shoulder and i cant bend to the right without a lot of pain.
20s: feeling like poo poo because you drank way too much last night
30s: feeling like poo poo because you drank slightly too much last night
40s: feeling like poo poo because you slept slightly too much last night

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah. my sciatica is back with a vengeance.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

President Beep posted:

baby got back (pain)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
sir wince-a-lot

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

20s: feeling like poo poo because you drank way too much last night
30s: feeling like poo poo because you drank slightly too much last night
40s: feeling like poo poo because you slept slightly too much last night

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

President Beep posted:

sir wince-a-lot

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

echinopsis posted:

gently caress off

echo penis, he's the man for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeTXiJ_64yM
:peanut:

edit: dang, i had forgotten how funny austin powers actually is. this is good stuff (although it is kinda creepy seeing the random task guy in there and thinking how foul he was/is in real life)

maybe i should lean in to this and just go full nostalgia

prefect fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Sep 11, 2021

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

rgotten how funny austin powers actually is. this is good stuff (although it is kinda creepy seeing the random task guy in there and thinking how foul he was/is in real life)

maybe i should lean in to this and just go full nostalgia
the first movie is genuinely funny and relatively charming/original for a spy movie parody/pastiche but the sequels are just rehashes of those very same jokes

there you are!
do i know you?
no, but... there you are!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

the first movie is genuinely funny and relatively charming/original for a spy movie parody/pastiche but the sequels are just rehashes of those very same jokes

i just watched the first, and don't think i'm going any farther

there were a couple of additions. mini-me (good) was in the second one (right?), and fat bastard (who really sucked) was in the third

i also despise what i've heard of this "shrek" thing. meyers's scottish stuff was wonderful in so i married an axe murderer, but it can be bad

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

prefect posted:

i just watched the first, and don't think i'm going any farther

there were a couple of additions. mini-me (good) was in the second one (right?), and fat bastard (who really sucked) was in the third

i also despise what i've heard of this "shrek" thing. meyers's scottish stuff was wonderful in so i married an axe murderer, but it can be bad

he did like half or more of the first movie in his normal canadian voice. then came up with the accent and they decided to re-record it all

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I liked the gag where Austin powers was banking on the communists to win the Cold War the whole time lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Fortaleza posted:

I liked the gag where Austin powers was banking on the communists to win the Cold War the whole time lol

that was an excellent joke.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

President Beep posted:

tennis balls and foam rollers man.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ultravoices posted:

tennis balls and foam rollers man.

yeah right how is some hosed up sport gonna fix my back. lol. nice try. :rolleyes:

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

President Beep posted:

yeah right how is some hosed up sport gonna fix my back. lol. nice try. :rolleyes:

move your wallet out of your back pocket

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

ngl the running gag of him driving, posting his arm over the seat besides him and looking behind, but driving forward, everytime, always slays me. the related "maneuver a vehicle to get stuck between the two walls in a corridor" scene is iconic

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lmaooo some guy i know who’s like 27 legit has gout

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

tf how do you even get gour

Apr 7, 2003

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

tf how do you even get gour

You eat and drink too much and don't move

Apr 7, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

A good friend of mine from high school had a stroke at 37 and he's basically institutionalized for the rest of his life.

He was a star basketball player in high school, great ongoing health education we've got here.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
slipping up on the gene mat will land ya with some gout

Apr 7, 2003

echinopsis posted:

slipping up on the gene mat will land ya with some gout

Gout? More like Get-out! lol

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You eat and drink too much and don't move
That can't be right I do all of those things and all that's wrong with me is I always have diarrhea

Apr 7, 2003

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

That can't be right I do all of those things and all that's wrong with me is I always have diarrhea

Remove the beer for solid turds

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Captain Foo posted:

i know a guy like that and he doesn’t even drink alcohol, at all and he’s skinny as heck. at this point he’s a vegetarian too because eating meat flares his gout up

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

some people just have the badgenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ooooonce, there was this guy who

fart simpson posted:

doesn’t even drink alcohol, at all and he’s skinny as heck. at this point he’s a vegetarian too because eating meat flares his gout up

mmm mmmm mmm mmm

mmm mmm mmm mmm