Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Diablo 1 - sorcerer

bounced off this game lots of times as warrior/rogue, magic in this game rules. as soon as you get mana shield you're invincible. chain lightning feels great and just sweeps entire maps clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All. Like the first one this was technically a replay but the loving circus clown was the only thing I could remember from when I played it on the DS a decade or so ago so it was basically as good as new to me. Not quite as good as the first one, some of the courtroom cases felt shoddier (like, some of the lies you'd catch people on in cross-examination felt like they were just put in so that you the player could catch them in a lie to move the plot forward, as opposed to the first one where it felt more natural) and I didn't really find it as funny. But for the most part I still liked it a lot, a lot of the new characters were really likable, most of the mysteries were really satisfying to unravel, and the last case was a really cool twist on the typical formula.

The third one is completely new to me, I didn't end up going further in the series after beating the first two so long ago so I'm excited to get into that.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

32. The Witness*

*i got stuck on a puzzle in the mountain for like 3 weeks and had to look up the solution since i either had to give up or just never see the finale...so this game kind of beat me, but i did get to see the finale. Kudos to the massive brain gamers out there who are able to 100% this game.

jonathan blow it out your rear end :dukedog:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Oxenfree
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Night in the Woods
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3 Remastered
  • Binary Domain
  • Yakuza 4 Remastered
  • Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster
  • Mario Golf: Super Rush
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Guacamelee! 2
  • Tetris Effect: Connected

Almost poo poo myself when I saw the line goal of the last level. I barely scraped through with 5% of the screen left. Game kicks rear end and probably the best way to play tetris nowadays

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
tetris effect is so good. used the 1 dollar gamepass thing exclusively for that and i felt like i robbed them. what was your favorite table

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Celebration > *

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Carto

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Aggelos. 2018 was a good year for Wonder Boy heads.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
metroid samus returns

bad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

new vegas, all dlcs.

wonderful game. the dlcs were all good except for old world blues..if I ever replay this ill most likely skip that one lol.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

absolutely anything posted:

metroid samus returns

bad
I liked it

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I beat The Wonderful 101, it was really good

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Door Kickers 2
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Control
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Suzerain

Welp, I finished Suzerain tonight. Pretty great game, despite not being a stealth-action game! :D Great political simulator with a good story. To sum up my playthrough, the approach I took was a democratic reformer, focusing on improving education and stabilizing the poor economy. I actually did quite a lot of good throughout the first 3/4 of the game - completed a couple of major infrastructure projects, built a load of rural schools, made the Bluds (basically like the Kurds I guess - an oppressed minority who don't have a country of their own) love me, among a few other things like surviving two assassination attempts.
As time went on I allied with Agnolia and Wehlen, although I kinda regret the latter. I actually pulled the economy up to the brink of being out of the recession, but then my popularity dropped in the final chapter and civil unrest ruined what I had worked for. I then allied with the not-USA/-NATO and exposed Rumburg/not-Russia to the AoN/not-UN through their whistleblower's info, after granting him asylum. Caught the spy too, which was a plus. However, I caught wind that the military were thinking about launching a coup against me. So, I packed up and fled the country the next day - right when the army tried to make arrests against my family. So we all got out at the last second, ready for the epilogue. (Which was quite positive for me. I had enough to buy a small house in the country, then started working in the city council. My character eventually wrote a tell-all book which was a big hit, too. So it seems like life was better in exile than it was as an unappreciated president! haha

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

signalnoise posted:

hell yeah

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Rarto.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sharto

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Farto

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

signalnoise posted:

:hai:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza 4 Remastered

It was okay.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Control - Foundation and AWE dlcs. did a nice job of mixing up gameplay with new mechanics but the enemies were getting annoyingly samey by the end of foundation

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

wario land: super mario land 3. godlike game and easily better than 6 golden coins. im not going to grind for the moon, i didnt even have the patience to do that as a kid

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Did you get the secondary exits some of the levels have? As a kid, I didn't know those existed and it blew my mind when I found out, from a 100% speedrun of all things

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Simply Simon posted:

Did you get the secondary exits some of the levels have? As a kid, I didn't know those existed and it blew my mind when I found out, from a 100% speedrun of all things

all exits, all treasure. you dont buy a castle from a genie on cash alone

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

wisdom

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i owned and beat that game as a kid and i definitely got all treasure + exits but i don't think i knew anything about a moon. do you have to max the coin counter or something.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

people think super mario odyssey invented the moon and the idea of going to it. but no, wario did it 20+ years before.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

trying to jack off posted:

wario land: super mario land 3. godlike game and easily better than 6 golden coins. im not going to grind for the moon, i didnt even have the patience to do that as a kid

That's no moon...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

b_d posted:

people think super mario odyssey invented the moon and the idea of going to it. but no, wario did it 20+ years before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SikdlxDNqB8

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

b_d posted:

i owned and beat that game as a kid and i definitely got all treasure + exits but i don't think i knew anything about a moon. do you have to max the coin counter or something.

max coins, all levels beat and treasure. i would only need the coins but that means grinding like 95000 of them lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Look at this noob who doesn't know about the start and then select 16 times trick.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

Look at this noob who doesn't know about the start and then select 16 times trick.

im not a cheater

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
cheaters win and do drugs

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening - Switch

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Golden Axe III co-op. Poor sequel. My thanks to Jesus for the overpowering Panther man pounce attack

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

max coins, all levels beat and treasure. i would only need the coins but that means grinding like 95000 of them lmfao

Try using a hex editor and some good old fashioned intuition. Careful with the main menu though.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Try using a hex editor and some good old fashioned intuition. Careful with the main menu though.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

:D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:grin:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

American McGay posted:

i cant find bleeeps old video about the secret super mario world level. would have been relevant and a good laugh from the past. i guess youtube took it down for being too real.

In Training posted:

lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
wario would cheat