Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Malcute is here, yay! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
New body, old headband. Hooray! Now Roland just needs to avoid saying anything stupid and... yeah, we're doomed.

In terms of things that will inevitably lead to the head librarians trying to kill everyone, I rolled Tiffany on Hod's floor. This is going to be a very awkward reunion.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
The long hair and the patron librarian outfit suits Malkuth.

Evade dice is really good early on. But it will be less effective later on. That said, potentially dodging all of the enemy attack before smacking them silly is just satisfying.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Malkuth is looking a lot more sane than usual today. I'm sure that's going to be a thin facade over a screaming abyss of madness, like everyone else, but it's nice to see she isn't dead yet.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

TeeQueue posted:

Did you really think you could make me happy by just giving me a human body? Don’t forget. I still don’t agree with you!

…As you wish.

SNAP

dammit, Q, you've primed me to associate snapping with reality warping; I thought Angela did something to Malkuth, for a moment there.

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
Interesting thing about Malkuth is that she has the same hair length she did in her flashbacks as Elijah in LobCorp, I think.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Poor Brotherhood of Iron ... it does sound like torture to think you're hungry, even if you're not really feeling it. They can't feel pain though, so that's something!

Also hell yeah it's MALKUTH TIME!! My old boss ... I wonder if my mangas survived the journey.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Chinely posted:

Also hell yeah it's MALKUTH TIME!! My old boss ... I wonder if my mangas survived the journey.

Just think, you can find any book in the Library eventually! Any book! Manga ancient, current and future, all for the reading!

And, y'know, suddenly Bishop's crush on Malkuth suddenly seems less... weird when you know that people can just ditch their whole bodies for one reason or another, no deathly experiences required. Very transhuman.

Materant fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 12, 2021

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Malkuth! My girl, she's back! :neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard:

Also put me down for another person who bought both LobCorp and Library of Ruina due to these threads. Now to get people I know to play them so that I have more people to talk about it with.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Welcome back Malkuwuth!

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Huh, I thought the book burning background was associated with the type of book instead of the floor this whole time. Shows how observant I am.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I always wondered how the Brothers of Iron coordinate their bodies if they have no sensory systems. Forget the constant hunger, just imagine trying to walk around and do things when your everything is totally numb all the time.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Welcome back, Malcute. :3

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Theantero posted:

I always wondered how the Brothers of Iron coordinate their bodies if they have no sensory systems. Forget the constant hunger, just imagine trying to walk around and do things when your everything is totally numb all the time.

I feel like the canonical answer is Poorly :v:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Welp, I was wrong
Both in terms of the Sephirah being dead as doornails (even more than I thought possible given Malkuth is back to being a living person)
And in terms of the floor order (I was expecting to start with the equivalent floor for Binah or Hokma first)

I can’t even pretend to complain about this because she’s become somehow even cuter than in the previous game, and she still has beef with Angela over what I assume is “stopping the SoL from going off” so it’s not like she has no free will. No wonder everyone nicknames her Malcute.

was I the only person to notice her floor’s background has her ducky pen in it

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

the Orb of Zot posted:

:aaa:

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

the Orb of Zot posted:

Ooh, where?!

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

BEST GIRL IS FINALLY THERE!

the Orb of Zot posted:

Those small things are why this game is so awesome.

In Brotherhood of Iron we see, how crappy cheap augmentations are. And some people still consider that flesh is weak them superior to biological body.

Doobeedoo posted:

Ooh, where?!
https://lpix.org/4114262/10-04.png Right above end-of-line marker

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Theantero posted:

You get what you paid for, and the Brothers of Iron are using some of the cheapest full-body replacements around.

And Malcute is even cuter now.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

Maybe my eyes are busted, I just cannot see.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Doobeedoo posted:

It's lying on the table. The tip of it is just above the "e" in "tense."

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Something I do like is that part of the arc of LC was the Sephirot's coming to terms with the fact they are different existences compared to the people they were based on.

Here Malkuth clearly has not tried to take on or insist on Elijah's name despite having a fleshy body back, she is still Malkuth. Maybe we'll get more info that changes this, so might just be projection on my part. Hell we already know people can get full body replacements in the city now so the Sephirot being what they were in LC aren't even that unique now when put in perspective. Maybe they are though? Just not quite as out there at least.

Man Project Moon has set up an awesome world.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Doobeedoo posted:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Oh, I guess the Sephirah are still alive. It's less of a surprise since the opening video has a bunch of pictures of them in Library-style clothing towards the end, so it'd be weird if they were completely absent, but I didn't expect to meet one so soon.

Malkuth definitely seems to be doing better than she was at the start of LobCorp, too. Good for her! I don't think Project Moon are going to do the same "fix those mental wrecks" plot again, so it's probably not even an act.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
C-Consta is great. :allears:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Oh, I guess the Sephirah are still alive. It's less of a surprise since the opening video has a bunch of pictures of them in Library-style clothing towards the end, so it'd be weird if they were completely absent, but I didn't expect to meet one so soon.

Malkuth definitely seems to be doing better than she was at the start of LobCorp, too. Good for her! I don't think Project Moon are going to do the same "fix those mental wrecks" plot again, so it's probably not even an act.

tbf they've already had their mental issues fixed so it would be real weird for that to pop up again. I imagine the narrative focus is going to be a bit different this time just from how the story is starting out too.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

TeeQueue posted:

Book 6: Brotherhood of Iron—Chapter 1

:dance: MALKUTH'S IN THE HOUSE! :dance:

Also, right out the gate, we see one of the major differences between LobCorp and the Library. In the former, the idea of any of the Sephirot directly opposing Angela to her face would be impossible. Here, Malkuth opens with a broadside pointing out that, yes, Angela screwed up, and well, it's spoilers from here on out.

Of course, I remember Bishop's crush, don't you?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

berryjon posted:

Of course, I remember Bishop's crush, don't you?

He's going to be crushed. She's just a normal* human* woman now!

Although it occurs to me, seeing her as human without a perception filter, that there isn't really a character for the perception filter to apply to now. We're not really playing as anyone here. Sure, we've loosely followed Roland's perspective so far, but it's not directly "what you see on your screen is what X is seeing on his screen somewhere in Architecture" that LC had going on. And presumably we're going to be running some fights on Malkuth's floor without him around.

*your mileage may vary

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I would appreciate a way to hide the text boxes to better see the background images. I don't know if that's possible, and the 'inkstain' effect may actually be part of the image rather than an overlay. No idea.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Well, the artbook has full backgrounds of all the floor backgrounds~!
It also has spoilers out the wazoo considering it has everything in the game in it, but it has them.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

So we've now met the patron librarian of the floor of History, Malkuth

(this low key cracks me up)

Do non-spoiled people have any theories about what subjects the other sephirot would be in charge of, assuming they're also still around?

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Elfface posted:

I would appreciate a way to hide the text boxes to better see the background images. I don't know if that's possible, and the 'inkstain' effect may actually be part of the image rather than an overlay. No idea.

The box is an overlay, you can rip unmodified images from game resources. No way to hide textbox I could find. Come on, PM, it is basic feature in any VN.

Qrr posted:

(this low key cracks me up)

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Qrr posted:

Do non-spoiled people have any theories about what subjects the other sephirot would be in charge of, assuming they're also still around?

If I had to guess for Binah (assuming she just wasn't tossed into a garbage dump wholesale since having the remains of An Arbiter seems like it'd be a big "Hey, Come Kill Us Please" invitation to the Head), probably philosophy - it feels like it'd fit how prone she is to launching into purple prose.

hokma's floor would be nothing but pinups of ayin

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
(I know the actual answers up to Tiphereth, but still.)

Yesod: Technical manuals
Hod: Self-help books
Netzach: Children's books (Tiphereth refused to take them)
Tiphereth: Books on how to organize a library
Geburah: Action
Chesed: Light Novels
Hokma: Romance
Binah: Poetry

Winterdragon2004
Mar 28, 2021

I'll hear that wonderous sound again, even if it has to be from my own two hands
I'm willing to bet either Netzach or Chesed take up an Agricultural floor, seeing as both would find great benefits to growing a particular type of plant

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So we can't actually deploy Malkuth in combat, correct?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

We can, but she has no abnormalities unlocked for her floor so she's pretty weak compared to Keter.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Malcute is perfectly ready to beat some fools with a stick.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

jimmydalad posted:

We can, but she has no abnormalities unlocked for her floor so she's pretty weak compared to Keter.

Also no assistants so she'd be forced to fight solo every time, which is a disadvantage on action economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I, like many who played LC I imagine, was kind of gleeful when Malkuth showed up. I was additionally on-board when it became clear that the Sephirot would now be beating people in the face directly.