Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

there are always the saturday supercards

This could work.

Dimebags Brain posted:

If Full Gear is in the Twin Cities area like it's being rumored, then sorry Hangman, give me that loving Kenny/Bryan dream match.

God, I'd want to take my kid to this so bad, but she's unvaccinated and I just don't feel like taking that risk :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Lanky_Nibz posted:

Psyched for more weirdos on Dark. The irregular cast of oddball indie wrestlers, paired with Excalibur's and Taz's cheeky commentary, is what gives AEW it's charm imho. I love how Tony Khan has established the company as just one in a world of wild wrestling promotions.

E: Oh speaking of Dark, any word why the Gumm Club did their strange pseudo heel turn?

The answer is "never ever trust Billy Gunn with anything". How many times did he turn on people in the Fed?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Andrade vs. PAC was great. I think I like Andrade now. Not least for the little moment where he went into the railing, saw the kids right behind it and did a quick "whoa, you okay" gesture. :3:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

MassRafTer posted:

Dave is right that Omega vs Danielson is a money program which is why it should be in Queens in front of AEW's biggest gate of all time and ensure they get 20,000 fans in the building which is very important to me

*pulls mask off*
"MRT was a novel coronavirus looking to spread all along!"

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Did we ever talk about how weird/anticlimactic the Cody return announcement seemed, especially since last we heard, he was retiring? Strange to not do a bit/segment on it, even though he has plenty of reason to want to murder Malakai. Time is certainly tight, but...

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

Phuzzy posted:

The answer is "never ever trust Billy Gunn with anything". How many times did he turn on people in the Fed?

I guess that's true. I had the same thoughts the minute Chavo Guerrero walked out ... you NEVER trust a Guerrero!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Lanky_Nibz posted:

I guess that's true. I had the same thoughts the minute Chavo Guerrero walked out ... you NEVER trust a Guerrero!

Andrade turning on Chavo reminded me of all those times in LU when Chavo would try to butter up to other heel and they'd just kick his rear end because gently caress Chavo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

My Lovely Horse posted:

Andrade vs. PAC was great. I think I like Andrade now. Not least for the little moment where he went into the railing, saw the kids right behind it and did a quick "whoa, you okay" gesture. :3:

Andrade is a good dude.

https://twitter.com/AndradeElIdolo/status/1436842277318676483

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
I hadn't seen any of Andrade's work in WWE, so between that banger of a match he had with PAC and his making sure the kid was OK and offering to send him a shirt, I'm rapidly becoming a fan. :)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I hadn't seen any of Andrade's work in WWE, so between that banger of a match he had with PAC and his making sure the kid was OK and offering to send him a shirt, I'm rapidly becoming a fan. :)

His matches with Gargano are worth checking out.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That's nice of Andrade.

Hangman will go over Kenny Omega for the world title. It might be at Full Gear. It might be on some special Dynamite. It might be on Dark Elevation. It doesn't matter, it's going to happen. No use worrying about it. AEW is absurdly fond of being cute, so at some point he and Punk will recreate that lad in the crowd that offered him a beer and we'll be off to the races with a Hangman/Punk program to headline...I dunno Revolution next year.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

His matches with Gargano are worth checking out.

Legit if Okada/Omega 4 hadn't happened in the same year, Gargano/Andrade from Takeover Philadelphia would've been my MOTY, that poo poo was fire

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

TriffTshngo posted:

Legit if Okada/Omega 4 hadn't happened in the same year, Gargano/Andrade from Takeover Philadelphia would've been my MOTY, that poo poo was fire

Yeah, before AEW had started up that was my favorite match since I started watching wrestling again.

If you haven't seen it, seek that poo poo out.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sydney Bottocks posted:

If you can manage to dig it up somewhere check out La Sombra vs Atlantis from CMLL.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If he's pulling stuff back into his moveset that he couldn't do in WWE I hope he brings back the Sombra Driver.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The main vibe i'm getting is that Andrade's character is a prick and willing to cheat to a degree, but above all he wants the world to know he's the best and he wants to be in control. Tablet Guy digivolving into Taser Guy for a distraction? Good. Within calculations. Chavo messing with his matches behind his back becomes unforgivable.

And he'll fight for the children. But tbh you can't be a luchador if you aren't willing to save an orphanage or two every other week.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
so what i'm hearing from all of y'all is that the match we all should be clamoring for is danielson vs andrade?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Personally I'm clamoring for like two dozen different matches at the same time, that's how goddamn stacked the roster is right now.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Personally I'm clamoring for like two dozen different matches at the same time, that's how goddamn stacked the roster is right now.

There’s about 20-30 names on the roster that you could pull out any two of their names from a hat and they could have an awesome main event on Dynamite or rampage.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

CopywrightMMXI posted:

There’s about 20-30 names on the roster that you could pull out any two of their names from a hat and they could have an awesome main event on Dynamite or rampage.
They've done a really good job at making me care about people I didn't before too so it's not all just big name dream matches I want to see

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

smarxist posted:

look in my BUUUUUUTT

what do you SEEEE

a pooo-ooo-ooo-oooopy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

He was just quoting the great John Silver :(

https://twitter.com/AewCard/status/1433257275007897600?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

Two dozen is lowballing it, this roster is ridiculous

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rewatching All Out with friends who haven’t seen it. Boy does this show just fly by even on second viewing. Cage match is still incredible, had my friends hootin and/or hollerin.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

smarxist posted:

look in my BUUUUUUTT

what do you SEEEE

a pooo-ooo-ooo-oooopy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mods please watch all AEW shows, including the YouTube shows. You hosed up

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
i would have probed john silver.

i'm crazy i'd do it.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Weird Kip continues weirding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GzGm6CH89Q

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

it was a good probe

When does Dynamite move to TBS I could see that being a show to do a major title change to boost ratings and signal boost the channel change

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

rotinaj posted:

so what i'm hearing from all of y'all is that the match we all should be clamoring for is danielson vs andrade?

I want Danielson to wrestle everyone on the roster except Hager.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/tigerdriver9x/status/1437090161792323584?s=21

Tony rules

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Conrad looks like he’s flying a really fat fighter jet

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

karmicknight posted:

i would have probed john silver.

i'm crazy i'd do it.

R-reported?

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

Rhonne posted:

Andrade turning on Chavo reminded me of all those times in LU when Chavo would try to butter up to other heel and they'd just kick his rear end because gently caress Chavo.

I was thinking the same thing, I love it. He needs to bring back his poncho from LU, haha.

But yeah I love how it looked like Andrade IMMEDIATELY regretted bringing Chavo on, and just grew more and more irritated with all his antics. Chavo is truly an eminent sleaze.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Taboo Tuesday ppv but instead of fans voting on what they want to see, it's just three hours of TK pulling out random names and stips and sending them down to the ring.

"Alright, the next match is...John Silver...versus Shawn Spears...in a bullrope match? Yeah sure, y'all got fifteen minutes, go out there and give me a banger."

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Vandar posted:

Taboo Tuesday ppv but instead of fans voting on what they want to see, it's just three hours of TK pulling out random names and stips and sending them down to the ring.

"Alright, the next match is...John Silver...versus Shawn Spears...in a bullrope match? Yeah sure, y'all got fifteen minutes, go out there and give me a banger."

I would pay money for this.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fightful posted:

-AEW All Out was memorable for many reasons, one of which being Lucha Bros. star entrance ahead of their tag team title win. We've been told that Alex Abrahantes was the person behind the vision for several aspects of the entrance, and multiple members of the roster applauded him for it.

- We're told that Bryan Danielson actually cracked one of the Young Bucks pretty hard at the end of the show, but there was no heat and Danielson was apologetic about it.

- The 10-man tag team match on the Buy In was originally slated to be on the All Out PPV

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I spent far too long looking at that graphic thinking "weird Trios but what the hell, sure"

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Vandar posted:

It would be $50 well spent.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shades of DDT4 2009

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also i just wanna shout out Taz for being possibly the only person in the world to say oosotogari on national american television twice in one week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

It would be $50 well spent.

Give me a Coal Miner's Glove Match in 2021.