Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Laszlo turning to the camera and declaring with real respect,"The man knows his cars!" killed me :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Kickball on snow seems amazing

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
There should be at least 2x more werewolf content in this show. The joke of pack mentality manifesting as super-supportive scout troop is never not funny to me.

Eomora
Sep 11, 2021

I love the continuing narrative of Guillermo essentially acting as a jealous "bodyguard" whenever Nandor shows a chance of being close to someone else.

I'm not sure why his little line about being a "heart guard" cracked me up so goddamn much but I just burst out laughing at how he walked up with such confidence

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Eomora posted:

I love the continuing narrative of Guillermo essentially acting as a jealous "bodyguard" whenever Nandor shows a chance of being close to someone else.

I'm not sure why his little line about being a "heart guard" cracked me up so goddamn much but I just burst out laughing at how he walked up with such confidence

The show has always had the subtext of Guillermo and Nandor's relationship as master and familiar being like a codependent romance and this season has been moving more and more towards turning that subtext into regular text.

Eomora
Sep 11, 2021

Honestly I'm all for it.

On one hand I'd love to see Gizmo live out his Twilight-watching dreams with Nandor by his side, but on the other hand he deserves his escape to something better.

Guys I'm beginning to think they aren't really planning on making him into a vampire :(

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I keep hoping Gizmo turns out to be a Highlander.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

Lazlo pinning Colin Robinson to the wall then saying "did I get you?" loving killed me.

I laughed at his insistence that the car doesn't go in reverse after just backing over Colin.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Edit:I apparently can't read

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I think the characters are too smart and/or caring this year. They've all shown signs of growth, except for maybe Gizmo, the one human entity actually capable of growth.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

CommanderApaul posted:

So Gail is now a hybrid Werevampire. That should turn out well later.

Who plans on "heading to the airport in the morning"? Yeah, that'll end well.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

My favourite bit was Colin Robinson just casually revealing that he's apparently invulnerable to fire. Adds to the mystery of what the hell an energy vampire even is.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

yeah, it doesn't appear he can be damaged but he appears to be in pain when he's run over. his physiology has obviously changed (unless he was born a fully-formed, bald middle aged man) since he was born. if they don't explain what exactly an energy vampire is or came to be i won't be all that bothered, because i don't know if there's an explanation that could stick.

i hope colin robinson finds the book on energy vampire lore and it is so boring he can't get past the first page

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I lost my poo poo over the werewolves making sure they all took Heartgard.

robot roll call posted:

my biggest laugh was the younger energy vampire talking about how he drains people by talking about indica vs sativa

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Eeyeeyeeyee!

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I love the Jackie Daytona can drive but Laszlo is hopeless.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Arglebargle III posted:

I love the Jackie Daytona can drive but Laszlo is hopeless.

Jackie Daytona can't drive, he crashes the pickup into a wall at the end of the episode and remarks that he wishes he learned to drive it because it costed a fortune.

Anyways I enjoyed that episode, I like that they're trying some different character pairings like Lazlo and Colin Robinson. Nadja and Nandor have a good dynamic too.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Oh no I forgot!

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Eat This Glob posted:

yeah, it doesn't appear he can be damaged but he appears to be in pain when he's run over. his physiology has obviously changed (unless he was born a fully-formed, bald middle aged man) since he was born. if they don't explain what exactly an energy vampire is or came to be i won't be all that bothered, because i don't know if there's an explanation that could stick.

i hope colin robinson finds the book on energy vampire lore and it is so boring he can't get past the first page

He mentioned that he's coming up on his 100th birthday. Lazlo asks him if his mom is dead, and he says "no, she's just boring. Still is." Makes it sound like she drains him the way he drains everyone else.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

CommanderApaul posted:

He mentioned that he's coming up on his 100th birthday. Lazlo asks him if his mom is dead, and he says "no, she's just boring. Still is." Makes it sound like she drains him the way he drains everyone else.

I thought I was the only one that heard that. If he's 100 and still looks only middle aged, his mother has to be well over 100 and is apparently still kicking and healthy. I just assumed it was a clue that he was too stupid or she was too annoying for him to ask her about it.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Yeah, I thought that was a pretty good indication that it might be hereditary. Regardless, I very much look forward to meeting Colin's mother.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
...did CR make a reference to history of the world in one of these recent episodes? I'm racking my brain thinking of what show it was

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Milo and POTUS posted:

...did CR make a reference to history of the world in one of these recent episodes? I'm racking my brain thinking of what show it was

Yes, he says a quote followed by “Mel Brooks, History of the World part one.”

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Small White Dragon posted:

Yeah, I thought that was a pretty good indication that it might be hereditary. Regardless, I very much look forward to meeting Colin's mother.

Didn't we already meet her or some other elderly female relative? It was whatever episode he was trying to get them with an Updog joke

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That was grandma

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

That was grandma

And she was dead. It was the episode with all the ghosts.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Yes, he says a quote followed by “Mel Brooks, History of the World part one.”

It's good to be the king!

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

My theory is that energy vampires are created by someone being a human stick in the mud so effectively that they eventually grow to feed off of it and develop powers from there, rather than some sort of transformation ritual. The most boring of possible explanations and therefore the most likely.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

My theory is that energy vampires are created by someone being a human stick in the mud so effectively that they eventually grow to feed off of it and develop powers from there, rather than some sort of transformation ritual. The most boring of possible explanations and therefore the most likely.

Now, the real question is, how do emotional vampires manifest? Colinrobinson certainly seemed to behave like they were, at most, a distinct sub-type, not just a, like, method variation.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Now, the real question is, how do emotional vampires manifest? Colinrobinson certainly seemed to behave like they were, at most, a distinct sub-type, not just a, like, method variation.

god, I can't believe you would be so prejudiced against emotional vampires. what kind of person did your mother raise? 😞😞😞

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I just discovered this show and love it so much. I also just discovered The IT Crowd and was pleasantly surprised to see Lazlo in it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RC Cola posted:

I just discovered this show and love it so much. I also just discovered The IT Crowd and was pleasantly surprised to see Lazlo in it

One of the all time great introductions to a character :allears:

Spoiled for people still in season 1 of The IT Crowd.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Deep cut that Colin Robinson's idea for a road trip destination was Buffalo.

:negative:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The city hall is nice?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

I’m just glad that all those years I stayed up late listening to Coast to Coast AM didn’t go to waste. Energy Vampires are up there with lizard people and black eyed kids.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

For the first couple of episodes I legit thought Colin was a just an incredibly boring regular dude who'd somehow convinced the rest of the vampires that he was one of them.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Cornelius Don’s Adventures in the Boner Brigade
That never came out in hardcover!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Hazo posted:

For the first couple of episodes I legit thought Colin was a just an incredibly boring regular dude who'd somehow convinced the rest of the vampires that he was one of them.
It was definitely ambiguous for a while.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

RC Cola posted:

Do yourself a favor and watch Darkplace next.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Tiggum posted:

It was definitely ambiguous for a while.

I recently rewatched episode 1 and there are moments very early on where his eyes glow while he feeds, but it's really subtle at first and easy to miss until the poo poo like levitation starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
“You guys hittin’ the skins in there?”

“Yes, ColinRobinson, we are!”