Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I actually forgot about his mom popping in, that makes the absence make a lot more sense.

Alright, Somber, hold my hand

##vote Ixt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You don’t need five free hours to say “oh it’s a result”

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

You don’t need five free hours to say “oh it’s a result”

Do you not believe g4g?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don’t believe that interpretation of the post

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

So you think g4g wasn’t saying Ixt investigated as scum? What do you think he was saying

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think it’s a personal read

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Or rather, it *may* be

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

I think it’s a personal read

And do you disagree with it?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

t a s t e posted:

There's no point in arguing with you here because presumably g4g will come back and clarify at some point. I don't see any other viable interpretation.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

And do you disagree with it?

I’m not on board with voting now off it when we can wait, as somber alludes to

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Somberbrero posted:

There's no point in arguing with you here because presumably g4g will come back and clarify at some point. I don't see any other viable interpretation.

I'll hold my vote until tomorrow morning (today's late night in USA time) so whoever wants to say a thing can do so, but yeah, I can't really see it any other way either.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
He's at -2 tho, so I'm not holding my breath that they will last enough to explain.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I just don't see a town watcher shrugging and giving up in the face of a wrongful execution. Independent of an investigation, there's a decent case for Ixt. If we're wrong, then it's GK.

merk spinning up at the start of the day and trying to preemptively diffuse suspicion on Ixt leads me to obvious conclusions, but we'll see with the flip.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Hey guys sorry I'm late. I should have more time to post at work tomorrow. I investigated him and he's scum.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Before we end the day prematurely, taste will you explain why you think Shell looks scummy?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The reason I said at the time

##vote ixt

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
##vote ixt

Gacha investigating scum on ixt after nailing gulag works in my book.

Sand and Merk looking strange today.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

Is it because IA’s action was a scum action and thus didn’t include the scum’s actions?

You might have something here but need to think about it further.

I think Ixt is at -1 btw

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh yeah ##unvote

##vote ixt

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

:redhammer:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: FINAL Day 3 Votecount :c:

Ixtlilton (7): Maerlyn, gay for gacha, Idle Amalgam, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, -Idle Amalgam, Sandwolf, Idle Amalgam, t a s t e
George Kansas (2): t a s t e, merk, Ixtlilton, -merk, merk, -t a s t e

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, CCKeane, George Kansas, Shellception

:h: With 13 players alive, it took 7 votes to be executed.

= = = = = = = = = = = =

The workers decided to execute Ixtlilton at the behest of Gacha. "This guy is a bad egg," Gacha said, "no question, he's gotta go." And so Ixt was no more.

:s: Ixtlilton, Althur, Fink Who Can't Sleep (mafia-aligned watcher), was executed day 3. :s:

It is now Night 3. Please submit them ASAP! I want to get the game back up today if possible!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Everyone who received night flavor received minimal night flavor.

Here is minimal day flavor:

The next morning everyone was still alive! Wow!

It is now Day 4

:h: With 12 alive it takes 7 to execute
:d: Day 4 deadline: Thursday, September 16th, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / early morning yurop

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 4 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (12): b-minus1, CCKeane, gay for gacha, George Kansas, Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, merk, Sandwolf, Shellception, Somberbrero, t a s t e, Toalpaz

:h: With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
G4g4mvp

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Feeling pretty good about somber being town. Seems like the best course of action is to lunch merk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Back to ##vote bk

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I think merk is my top pick too but will wait for any night action results, gacha investigation etc.

I *almost* feel bad for scum, I'm not sure what Ixt was thinking or just thought his watcher statement sounded innocent enough to squeak by.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

t a s t e posted:

Back to ##vote bk

Why?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

4. Day 1 Positive Reads -> The Ixt case is fine, but it's the lowest hanging fruit case in the game and not presented persuasively. GK isn't persuading anything to vote with him on this case; yet, he brings it up a couple times throughout the day acting like he is.

The only thing giving me pause is that he is asking us to eliminate him. However, when doing so, he says his 'record isn't that great' which isn't true at all. We haven't seen a flip of anyone he's advocated to vote, and we have seen town flips of people he said he doesn't want to eliminate. That's super weird posturing for a town player to take.

##vote GK

##vote merk

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

I think merk is my top pick too but will wait for any night action results, gacha investigation etc.

I *almost* feel bad for scum, I'm not sure what Ixt was thinking or just thought his watcher statement sounded innocent enough to squeak by.

That, and G4G is doing real well this game. Two out of two people he investigated were scum. It'd be fun if he was a paranoid cop and he was just going off his real-person reading skills.

Speaking of which, there should be two reports this time, shouldn't it? George Kansas is still alive too. Come to think of it, nobody died again tonight.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Same reason as yesterday

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

This is where I am too. Ixt is clearly following along and sniping without more.

Context

GulagDolls posted:

weird posts and it also seems like ixt only shows up when mentioned. i'd vote there tomorrow but I'm not moving off the lotus train today.

merk posted:

Thinking a bit more, I could see GK being scum. That Ixt case is the easiest case in the world to make for scum, and GK diving in on this somber stuff feels fake.

merk posted:

It kind of requires Ixt to be town because I don’t see a reason to bus there.

merk posted:

##vote Gulag

merk posted:

If gulag is scum, scum here immediately bus, not try to discredit the claim.

If gulag is town, I think those posts you quote are scummy, gacha.

merk posted:

HOWEVER, Ixt isn't really doing any scum hunting, so I don't see how we vote anyone else out unless Ixt decides to, you know, start doing that.

this all reads like merk trying to manage a failing relationship with a scum bud.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I was kind of doubting myself on Ixt because merk didn't bus him but maybe trying to salvage it? I was going to suggest him (Ixt) before he slipped/gacha investigated anyway because he wasn't adding much to the discussion.

Not sure about taste here but he's doing his taste thing, we can cross that bridge later if need be.

Sandwolf had a good point about IA also that I want to look into (maybe his action just revealed to scum which town had night actions?) It's kind of hard to tell without full information of course but something to consider.

##vote merk

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I have a good feeling about somber but as I've said before, I'm wildly inaccurate so not sure how much I trust myself there.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote merk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

I was kind of doubting myself on Ixt because merk didn't bus him but maybe trying to salvage it? I was going to suggest him (Ixt) before he slipped/gacha investigated anyway because he wasn't adding much to the discussion.

Is that how you’ve been engaging in reads? Merk’s unflipped

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Something giving me pause here is that both Merk and Sandwolf claimed the latter watched the former N1 (Merk knowing because Sand is a loud... something), and nothing else happened. For that to be faked shouldn't they both be scum? And in turn that doesn't mesh well with Sand's speculation about IA.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'd probably vote me too. That Ixt case sucked. I didn't buy the Ixt case and was wrong.

My read is that scum bussed their lurker buddy early instead of trying to save. Look for the easy bussing on Ixt after I flip vanilla town.

Good luck everyone.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

And as much as I like the idea of the flare just revealing town's actions, Ixt did something to minus that we saw in the flare. They said it, they'd have no reason to lie, and they were scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It would be funny to me if g4g was merciless scum