Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
The Team Taz feud killed all my enthusiasm for Brian Cage. It exposed all of his flaws in one fell swoop and it certainly didn't help that Starks brutally poo poo on all those weaknesses in every promo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Team Taz are taking over AEW by killing the IRL momentum of everyone they feud with

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I feel like Cage could just say like "Look, everyone who gets into wrestling wants to be the top guy. I love working for AEW, I'm not going anywhere" and then log off for a while and put in some reps on Dark throwing local talent around and AEW thread would love him again. And honestly, what's more important than the AEW thread loving you?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Slightly disgruntled Brian Cage is probably far less of a deal than people make it out to be.

I do think Brian Cage needs the Marko Stunt match, though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Every hoss needs the Marko Stunt match though

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Marko Stunt TNT title shot when?

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Cage can still be saved. God knows they've turned things around in the past and I'm nowhere near the "Cage was always bad" camp.

If he thwarted some Team Tazz interference against Punk would that help? Or would the popularity of Hook and/or Hobbs make it a damp squib again?

I'd definitely like to see him actually have an effect on Team Tazz if this feud continues. As it is he's mostly just cutting meh promos. He needs to actually start stopping them from their bullshit, or failing that just smash a drum onto somebody's head every single week because that was genius.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

WHO BETTA

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

garcia's "young danielson" vibes are off the charts and I'm putting in my call now that he's gonna be a real big deal one day

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

young davey richards

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Cage is a big guy who can squash some people and it will be good.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

AEW need to beef up the spectacle of their stage for PPVs imo.

WK9 got me back into wrestling through awesome matches and an amazing stage (Nak's entrance sold me on him forever).

That will truly signify them taking it to the next level. It's not a priority obviously but they've got to do it at some point.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

def agree. full gear set should look like the factory from dk64.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

brian cage should suplex people while smiling and never looking away from the hard camera like a CZN Burak cooking video

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

brian cage's best match he's ever had was vs john silver in pwg and they should do that again

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kaveman posted:

AEW need to beef up the spectacle of their stage for PPVs imo.

Agreed, their production is so samey for everything

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Cage can still be saved. God knows they've turned things around in the past and I'm nowhere near the "Cage was always bad" camp.

If he thwarted some Team Tazz interference against Punk would that help? Or would the popularity of Hook and/or Hobbs make it a damp squib again?

I'd definitely like to see him actually have an effect on Team Tazz if this feud continues. As it is he's mostly just cutting meh promos. He needs to actually start stopping them from their bullshit, or failing that just smash a drum onto somebody's head every single week because that was genius.

You could kill two birds with one stone and just have Cage either team up with or act as informal backup for Punk for a while. Then you have someone who can talk for Cage and someone who can watch the back of Punk and I bet that they could also have an extremely good tag match against Starks and Hobbs at some point.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

brian posted:

brian cage's best match he's ever had was vs john silver in pwg and they should do that again

that match owned bones

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Brian Cage isn't getting any sort of push while there is a pandemic around and he isn't vaccinated. Based on how the NFL is treating unvaccinated players, they become massive liabilities due to having to sit out much longer if they are a close contact to someone that tests positive. The Jaguars are possibly in trouble for "cutting unvaccinated players" with their justification being availability. It just doesn't make sense to push matches that would have a decent change of being delayed because someone is in quarantine.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cage should leave and be the first person to cut a DOWN SOUTH promo about how bad AEW is so I can mock it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Are there many unvaccinated wrestlers in AEW?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
can't stop thinking about Punk sitting up laughing his rear end off as Darby tried to hit the coffin drop

what a loving perfect moment

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

TV Zombie posted:

I was wondering this. AEW talent for the most part are independent contractors like in WWE, right? The main reason Tony doesn’t get poo poo for it is because he lets them work other places.

If they’re independent contractors, is that a loophole for the new Biden vaccine mandates? I assume the actual salaried AEW people and those who have backstage roles would be part of the mandate, but a guy like Cage who is just an “independent” performer I’m not sure about.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TV Zombie posted:

We're not going to know unless they show rear end on Twitter and starting conspiracy theories about who might be is really weird

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

TV Zombie posted:

why do you care

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

why do you care

Why do you care that he cares?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I just had that thought when Oil! mentioned that Cage was unvaccinated and the potential of matches being delayed due to someone being in quarantine. I’m hoping that there would be any delays but AEW can put up a lot of good matches on the fly that I don’t think a delay would be noticed.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

THATB

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Bright Future posted:

Why do you care that he cares?

I'm just curious

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Cage turning face makes sense because a big guy doing flips and spins will get the crowd to cheer. That he doesn't have a Step #2 after that is his own fault. I don't think anyone is disagreeing that Cage can go in the ring. I think most people believe being able to go puts you at upper midcard and you need a little extra to make it to a main event scene with Kenny Omega and Bryan Danielson who are arguably two of the best in the last two decades.

Re: Gargano/Ciampa talk, I didn't like their first match either. I think Ciampa is an extremely ok wrestler. Whatever everyone saw in his heel work felt like it was 50% sincere and 50% memes about him being his awful murderous psychopath or whatever. Gargano/Almas was an instant classic. Gargano/Ciampa was fine and they went back to it 5000 times and it only ever got worse. I think Johnny can turn it around and be...well basically Matt Sydal currently in AEW but he could afford to win the TNT title eventually. I got nothin for Ciampa. Go to ROH.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

doesn’t work any more

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

doesn’t work any more

Clearly not if you're still posting!!!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TV Zombie posted:

I just had that thought when Oil! mentioned that Cage was unvaccinated and the potential of matches being delayed due to someone being in quarantine. I’m hoping that there would be any delays but AEW can put up a lot of good matches on the fly that I don’t think a delay would be noticed.

It’s not the quarantine that’s prevent matches, it’s Cage (and any other unvaccinated talent) not being allowed in the buildings they’re running in the northeast.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The only way I will accept Gargano to AEW is if he gets put in Men of the Year but is never on screen with Ethan Page at the same time and so everyone always just assumes they're the same person

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Just you wait until Johnboy Gargano is putting fools into the Garga-No Espcape to cheering audiences of 10s of thousands

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Rarity posted:

I don't think they'd fit
yea, i think ric's taller

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm just curious

Request approved.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

"I can fix him" - me, reading Brian Cage's tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

lol, more gold from the Young Bucks autobiography:

Fairly early in their career, after they'd established themselves in PWG, Marty Janetty got them a spot on a WWE show as extras. He'd spoken highly of them to Shawn Michaels, who in turn tried to get Johnny Ace to sign them up or at least give them a good showcase.

Johnny Ace pushed them off to Smackdown tapings on the next day, where Shawn wasn't wrestling and thus couldn't stick up for them, and decided to just completely ghost them at Smackdown and literally walked away from the conversation as they were trying to say hello. So, if Johnny Ace wasn't a world class shithead, the Bucks might have been WWE lifers from around 2007 onwards because that was their childhood dream, but because he had to big time them, they went off to Japan and later to AEW.

It's just loving hilarious how the modern history of the WWE is a history of comical own goals one after another.