Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

the first letters of any multi-line text on screen will spell f u c k e p i c just wait and see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wQ7oL9pIIU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i miss him

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

I have enjoyed my 8 (RED) for quite some time now almost four years and it has been very needs suiting however I will run this thing into the ground before buying a new one
having used an anroid before the iOS options are kind of batty sometimes. like bluetooth off in the quick options turns it off but just for a day? lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if they go back to the good design and offer rose gold i may buy a new phone. i use an 8 for my personal and it's okayyyy but

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
Im still on the original SE but i'm getting Old Man Eyes and a larger screen is starting to sound nice.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i'm in the market for a new mini-iphone

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

aeflux posted:

I have enjoyed my 8 (RED) for quite some time now almost four years and it has been very needs suiting however I will run this thing into the ground before buying a new one
having used an anroid before the iOS options are kind of batty sometimes. like bluetooth off in the quick options turns it off but just for a day? lol

yeah that’s the point. it’s for when you want to temporarily get off something but most people forget to turn it back on. same for dropping off a wifi point

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yeah that’s the point. it’s for when you want to temporarily get off something but most people forget to turn it back on. same for dropping off a wifi point

yeah i talk a lot of poo poo about apple but this is actually a real good user experience imo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if you could long press the Bluetooth control and get a submenu or even a link to the settings screen it would be better, they have never really figured out what long/force press are for

qirex fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 14, 2021

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

qirex posted:

if you could long press the Bluetooth control and get a submenu or eve a long to the settings screen it would be better, they have never really figured out what long/force press are for

force press to truly turn off would've been really nice.

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

PIZZA.BAT posted:

right i see the benefit. i don't use as many BT accessories as frequently as others do and it would be nice to quickly turn it completely off. i'm sure there's some user metric they've studied

wasn't it completely off before some version of iOS or am I dreaming that up

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

you can long press the wifi in the quick settings to pick a wifi network

i for one am excited to get a giant phone so i can take killer photos

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
let’s fuckin GO timbothy!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
force press is dead

-apple never fully committed and never stopped selling non-force-touch devices so you can't assume the user has it

-there aren't a lot of ui actions that benefit from variable levels of pressure, and for the ones that do you can buy the apple pencil and get much greater accuracy and sensitivity

-never found a good way to alert the user that a force action is available

-long press is basically the same thing anyway and doesn't need extra hardware

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Casual Encountess posted:

I will accept a camera hump if it's an aps-c sensor with a 28mm F1.8 [it won't be it'll be 3-5 5mm square garbage sensors like always

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Casual Encountess posted:

i really wish you could do it from the control center. idk why you need the expanded screen just to click the same button again

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
if Tim Apple mentions GlobalStar/GSAT i am going to be a slightly rich dude.

please timb

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

chill apple beats to keynote to

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Heck yes more apple poo poo to buy gimmie gimmie gimmie

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
not pressed for time with a lot of products huh

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If this is supposed to represent california there should be way more smoke

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

intro song is p cool imo

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

california is on fire, timb

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

hey tim, stay on established trails rear end in a top hat

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

No Mods No Masters posted:

If this is supposed to represent california there should be way more smoke

lotta careful pivoting around what's left of norcal

Endless Mike posted:

intro song is p cool imo

yeah

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hell yeah, finally some Apple TV+ news

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i heard ted lasso has a lot of epsiodes about therapy and trauma. sounds fuckin hilarious

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

did they have a shoe standin for timb?

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
timb and ellen are the same spirit

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

nobody cares about this tim

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

apple tv + is so weird. like a hundred a list actors and personalities on shows no one has ever seen

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

gently caress off jon stewart

the panacea
May 10, 2008

I would've watched the NWA documentary

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Puppy Galaxy posted:

i heard ted lasso has a lot of epsiodes about therapy and trauma. sounds fuckin hilarious

because comedies aren't ever allowed to touch on serious subjects

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ipad mini incoming i guess

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i still love jon stewart and will watch his thing

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Puppy Galaxy posted:

apple tv + is so weird. like a hundred a list actors and personalities on shows no one has ever seen

ted lasso is a smash hit with normies that goons like us never interact with

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I loving love touching content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

because comedies aren't ever allowed to touch on serious subjects

jokes are the most important parts of comedy imo