Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Technowolf posted:

Mid-season sneak peek for What If...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dOx38iLreg

Exiles? Exiles?!

Was that Evil Twin Dr Strange next to Thor? That looks a lot like Bug Cape from ep4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Proteus Jones posted:

Was that Evil Twin Dr Strange next to Thor? That looks a lot like Bug Cape from ep4

YES.

Also

Black Widow fighting Ultron by herself with Cap's shield, it seems Killmonger is going to make use of Tony's war toys, Ego is going to eat Quill. And there's a scene with Captain Carter (or maybe is Natasha, I doubt is Bucky lol), floating head Scott and cape, Spider-man, Hawkeye? Bruce! and Black Panther from the zombie universe, covering from something exploding. (Edit: I am gonna mention that this last scene seems to be from the zombie episode? Re-watching wouldn't hurt anyway. The other ones are absolutely new stuff)

So my big fan guess is that Ego is the threat they are gonna have to fight. Although there's that probable leak from that car ad about them getting together to fight Ultron. Unless all universes are staring to overlap and mix. :kingsley:

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 14, 2021

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So based on the trailer, I'm guessing that Natasha from the serial killer episode wasn't actually murdered. We never did see the body after she was pulled away into the darkness. Pym may have given her the over-shrinking treatment that his wife suffered from and she ended up in the Quantum Realm. Hence, she can be plucked away to be part of the crossover.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Why is everyone calling him Party Thor, again?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

I think the premise is, he can't move the hammer in the crater and just... gives up. And has parties.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

That's what the merch lists him as

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

I think the premise is, he can't move the hammer in the crater and just... gives up. And has parties.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Firebert posted:

That's what the merch lists him as

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Whosoever hosts this rager, if it be worthy, shall possess the power of Party Thor.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

Whosoever hosts this rager, if it be worthy, shall possess the power of Party Thor.
:lol:

Wonderful.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope Party Thor inadvertently solves all the MCU problems just by trying to throw the ultimate rager.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Isn't it rumored that in that episode Loki ends becoming king of Asgard for real?

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope Party Thor inadvertently solves all the MCU problems just by trying to throw the ultimate rager.

I would LOVE this.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Electric Phantasm posted:

Ultron does his menacing entrance during the Avengers party, but Thor just tosses him a marker and tells him to draw a dick on Stark's passed-out face.

All is well from then on.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So the end boss of Loki was...a really annoying guy

Ok?

Good show otherwise

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kang The Really Annoying Guy.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

AndyElusive posted:

Im sure there is a variant like that somewhere.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Zil posted:

Im sure there is a variant like that somewhere.

Energy vampire Kang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jfjo2ZtLv4

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Aww, goddammit, now I want an MCU/WWDItS crossover. Well, I mean, technically, we kind of did at the Council of Vampires episode...

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

That's why he had to make sure no other hims happened.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Loki was extremely all over the place and I was really kind of hoping the ending wouldn’t just be another case of “and now we will introduce the villain in the last 20 minutes of the last episode” but it WAS and THAT SUCKS. It suffered from only 3-4 really strong performances out its entire cast, and lacked a lot of internal consistency. How strong is Loki, what can he do, what are the stakes, who loving cares about any of this? If billions of timelines are being erased, each with infinite living entities contained within them… that’s like multiple apocalypses happening every day, just off-screen or in the background. You’ve made the stakes so incredibly high that they kind of don’t matter.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

“I swear that i’m not playing Khan!” - Benedict Cumberbatch, several months prior to the release of Star Trek: Into Darkness

“Benedict is playing a new character named John Harrison!” - JJ Abrams, several months prior to the release of Star Trek: Into Darkness

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Another episode that is very much a "part one" rather than a conclusive, self-contained episode. Not sure if I like this trend.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
That was abrupt.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The not-Gwenyth did a pretty good job as Pepper Potts, I thought. Better than some of the sound-alikes or actual actors… (Looking at you, Del Toro)

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

live with fruit posted:

That was abrupt.

Yeah, even moreso than the Avengers dying one this is some severe halfway through cliffhanger stuff. At least that one had a resolution to it's current plotline.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I broke my retainer watching this episode.

But really, while it was fun to see Killmonger again, this was the weakest episode for me. It was just very flat.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

It is still very funny that people slowly realise that the guy named KILLMONGER might not be entirely honest.
I'll reserve judgement for part 2. If there's no part 2, at least this episode didn't try to return to the main MCU timeline like episode 1 did.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I really liked seeing Killmonger's more cunning and manipulative side, very nice contrast to his more direct and forceful approach in Black Panther.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Man, right when I was wondering if they were going to deviate and keep Klaue alive, he goes and calls Killmonger "boy."

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

In It For The Tank posted:

Another episode that is very much a "part one" rather than a conclusive, self-contained episode. Not sure if I like this trend.

I'd feel better about it if the episodes ended with things like "KILLMONGER will return in "What if Shuri was a weapons designer for Potts Industries?".

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Huh, so this episode is the actually, kill monger is not a hero story

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

What If...? really doesn't seem to like War Machine. First episode Rhodes shows up and this is what happens to him!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Isn't Shuri supposed to be 18 or so in Black Panther? She barely looks like a teenager in this one.

I wonder how many people will still think that Killmonger was somehow misunderstood or a good guy.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Oasx posted:

Isn't Shuri supposed to be 18 or so in Black Panther? She barely looks like a teenager in this one.

I wonder how many people will still think that Killmonger was somehow misunderstood or a good guy.

This takes place right after the events of the first Iron Man, so she would be super young

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oasx posted:

Well, there were 10 years between the release of Iron Man and Black Panther. Probably a similar amount of time in universe too.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Oasx posted:

This is years earlier since it happens in the aftermath of Iron Man 1.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Oasx posted:

Since it started with Tony's capture, and I guess it depends on how long certain montages took, but it could still be set years before Black Panther

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Huh, so this episode is the actually, kill monger is not a hero story

That was Black Panther.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Nameless Pete posted:

Man, right when I was wondering if they were going to deviate and keep Klaue alive, he goes and calls Killmonger "boy."

yeah, I was like oh nooooooo

separately, I was laughing a lot when Killmonger just completely obliterated IM1 on stage

I thought this episode was a lot of fun personally

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I wish their was online shorthand for critiquing Black Panther (the positive cultural impact of the film on black audiences) vs Black Panther (the bad Disney movie about the heroic CIA agent who saves the world from the evil black soldier who wants reparations and economic equality with some of the worst CGI action made in the last decade)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Black Panther is a good movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

I wish their was online shorthand for critiquing Black Panther (the positive cultural impact of the film on black audiences) vs Black Panther (the bad Disney movie about the heroic CIA agent who saves the world from the evil black soldier who wants reparations and economic equality with some of the worst CGI action made in the last decade)

both those critiques are lazy as hell and shorthand certainly wouldn’t make them any better